Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Name Game

Hey world, was your day as glorious as it was here? Bright, shiny, breezy? Wow.

Almost strangled M today too. Geez what a way to ruin your week--homicide.

Just kidding.

Sorta.

It's a sign that I need time off, even though I think I had every right to be vexed.

Remember back two months when Da Boss (M's boss) told me that M (and I) had to shape up or ship out, and it was all stuff that M wasn't doing? And I basically told M what to do and whipped him back into shape with the kids' help?

A lot of that had to do with a project that we were supposed to be leading but had been left out of. I knew nothing about it, and the people involved were calling M's boss complaining about it. Hard to manage something you don't know exists. M was ignoring the whole thing, as usual. I finally found out about it, raised merry hell until we got into it, and since then things have been running better.

Until today when M showed up at a meeting and opened his stupid mouth. He managed to describe who was managing this monster in such a way that we weren't included in it (taking us back to the situation that got us into deep do-do with his boss. Thanks M you big nincompoop). I cut him off, injected us into what he was saying, and then he continued on. Gave him shit for that mis-step afterwards (don't care if he is my boss, I'm not getting threats like that again from his boss, or have to work like that again to recover lost ground, EVER again. The consultants doing this work are pretty stupid. Not as bad as WWC but pretty damn stupid). Pointed out that when he (M) says 'salt', not everyone understands that he means 'salt and pepper'. 90% of these folks are new to M.

He was offended. He assured me that they did know. How did he know that they were aware of that? Had HE been working with them for the past few months? No. I had. He 'just knew'. That man has more estrogen than I do. Or he's developed ESP.

Idiot.

And he's doing my appraisal (Bridg bangs head on desk). Can't wait, just can't wait. Actually it's a chance to describe how what he does impacts me/group. Not that he'll ever really get it. He's far too self-absorbed. But it's an opportunity, however slim.

Need time off. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH need time off. Even if it's to keep from strangling that guy. I mean to relax.

Yeah, that's it.....*grin*

Someone send Bridg a joke.......please.....or tequila......

9 Comments:

  • At 7/06/2006 08:21:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    If you got the hours to burn, then go for it!

     
  • At 7/06/2006 08:21:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    B: take the time off -just make sure your little PIA sis don't get sick while your on holiday. Sigh.

    Is there such a thing as 'justifiable homicide' in Canada? I'd research it, and ... well ...
    Oh, dammit c'mon & share a bucket of French Champagne with me.
    We'll drown our sorrows
    (& bosses?) together. Tee Hee.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, I have 5 weeks from this year plus leftover from last year. Yee ha!!

    Aggie, I LOVE your style, lady!!! Let's drown in champagne, then maybe go drown the little suckers..heh heh heh!!! Great idea!!!!!!

     
  • At 7/07/2006 01:48:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    "That man has more estrogen than I do."

    LOL. Classic.

     
  • At 7/07/2006 07:31:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TY Chris!!! I'm afraid you're right, sigh...

     
  • At 7/07/2006 03:44:00 PM, Blogger flea said…

    kick his ass!! ha ha if only it would/could be that easy

    but really take time off girl before you really do body slam him

     
  • At 7/07/2006 07:08:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I've found that hockey players are the MOST self-absorbed of all male types.

     
  • At 7/07/2006 08:54:00 PM, Blogger jules said…

    Sorry Bridg...I just drank the last tequila shot. And damn was it good!

     
  • At 7/07/2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you flea, I could do a darn good job of it too. Sigh. Am off all next week....yee ha!!!

    Tshsmom, ya know, am rapidly coming to that conclusion too. He spent ALL DAY on his pet project again, while I raced until 6:00 today to get something urgent done. Oh yah, and he went out on a gang lunch. I didn't and people dropped by to see why I wasn't there...:(

    Jules, Good for you, at least someone got happy with the juice!!!!

    YAY!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home