Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm Free

Jon Secada
courtesy of: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jonsecada/imfree.html

Do you see what I see?
A rainbow shining over us
In the middle of a hopeless storm
Sometimes I'm blinded by my feelings
And I can't see beyond my troubled mind
Afraid of what I'll find
The story of our lives
But there's tomorrow.

[Chorus]
Cause I'm free, I'm free
And things are only as important
As I want them to be
We'll have a breath of sunshine
When the rain goes away
I pray, I pray.

Do you need a friend right now?
In the road that you're going to
If you get lost just call me I'll be there
Yes I'll be right there

Cause though I may not have the answer
At least I know what I'm looking for.
Yes I can do without sorrow
There's a day after tomorrow
So I'm leaving behind.

[Chorus]
I'm free, I'm free
And things are only as important
As I want them to be
We'll have a breath of sunshine
When the rain goes away
I pray, I pray.

And if you want to share my dreams
Well all you have to do is say it, say it
Let me hear you loud and clear
Cause I need you if you wanna be, if you wanna be.

Do you see what I see
A rainbow shining over us
In the middle of a hopeless storm
We'll be safe and warm.

[Repeat chorus]

Actually world, I was looking for the lyrics to Kenny Loggins' "I'm Free" song. Watched Footloose for the 2000th time yesterday and since just returned from acupuncture five minutes ago, and am free of arm pain (yippee!) at least temporarily, the feeling seemed appropriate. But in the process of looking for Loggins' lyrics, stumbled across Jon Secada's gem. Loved this song too, so went with it.

Hope Monday went smoothly for everyone? Won't gloat about not going to work today but it was choice. Was slightly annoyed that it took being totally away from work to get perfectly ordinary things done that had to be done anyway (arranging appointments, tracking down where refund submissions went awry, getting photocopies done--in short, little lolligaging was done today but it's all good). Found out that I have to renew my passport--there goes another day but at least I have the time off!

On a completely different note, turns out that one can only get 2-3 shots of cortisone in a joint because although it lubricates the joint it also wears down tendons (M was right). Always a catch. Did you know that people in the 'old days", say 1600s and earlier, died in their 30s? That was considered a ripe old age. Am beginning to understand why now!

Third turn of subject: read latest issue of Cosmopolitan today. I know, trite and immature but so what. Lo and behold, an article about why some singles do not want to be married. That's definitely my case, as many of you know. For those of you who don't, let's just say that in the 1980s and 1990s, I had very bad taste in men. Ones that looked great on paper/in person, who wound up doing the strangest things that even the POLICE found unacceptable (I mean stalking). More than one of them. Most of them. Hence the unlisted phone number, yadda yadda yadda. I never said that I am smart. Plus getting a divorce AND an annulement (Catholic version of divorce) is probably the closest thing to an exorcism that any person will ever go through. You wind up reliving the worst experiences of your life in great detail, it's tape recorded, and by the time it's over (my interview was six hours long. SIX HOURS) there is nothing that is unknown about you. It.is.horrific.

Anyway what I was curious about is this: how many of you readers out there if you're single, would prefer to change your status as a general preference? Just curious.

Have a lovely evening, world!

MWAH!

Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 7/10/2006 09:02:00 PM, Blogger 2 Dollar Productions said…

    The whole "Footloose" soundtrack is worth listening to nearly any time at all as Kenny Loggins ruled 80s soundtracks.

     
  • At 7/10/2006 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey 2 dollar you are so right!!! It might sound sucky but House on Pooh Corner melts my heart.....

     
  • At 7/10/2006 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. not that that song is on Footloose...but Somebody's Eyes is....

     
  • At 7/10/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Staying single by choice here thus far. Am a widow & never felt the urge to merge again ... well not in matrimony anyway. ahem.

     
  • At 7/11/2006 01:04:00 AM, Blogger Trishdish said…

    Blonde, single & still running. Aren't men horn bags at the best of times and at the worst of times they are lunatic, stalker, obsessive controlling horn bags.
    That can happen to any woman, anywhere, anytime. Bad scene.
    Ah, well not much more to say about nuts with nuts!

     
  • At 7/11/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Aggie and Trish, glad I'm not the only one. There have been good times too in the past, but they have been mightily outweighed by the scary ones, must admit.

    Men, didn't mean to denigrate/insult you, know that folks like the guys who visit here regularly are not the types of whom we ladies are leary.

    So how about the male point of view?

     
  • At 7/11/2006 05:33:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    LOVE Kenny Loggins!!!
    I'm happy to hear that your doctor is conscientious about the cortisone shots. Many doctors aren't. I have several friends who have seriously screwed up joints as a result of too much cortisone. :(

     
  • At 7/11/2006 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom YIKES!! Hope your friend has some options about his/her joints? Think you'd like this doctor, she is a hoot and very conscientious from what I can tell so far.

    Glad you like KL too. Just love that music it's so UP!!!

     
  • At 4/28/2017 05:47:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Do you like listening to music? Feel the best music, it is the inspiration working for a day's work.
    #https://songlyricsaz.mobi/weve-got-tonight-lyrics-16954.html
    #https://songlyricsaz.mobi/heart-sleeve-2-lyrics-16953.html

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home