Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Dreamboat Annie

Heart - Dreamboat Annie
courtesy of: http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Heart/Dreamboat-Annie.html

Heading out this morning into the sun
Riding on the diamond waves, little darlin' one
Warm wind caress her
Her lover it seems
Oh, Annie
Dreamboat Annie my little ship of dreams
Going down the city sidewalk alone in the crowd
No one knows the lonely one whose head's in the clouds
Sad faces painted over with those magazine smiles
Heading out to somewhere won't be back for a while


Hey world hope it is as beautiful wherever you are as it is here! Gloomy and sleepy yesterday but boy today sure makes up for it.

Finally got the blinking Cushing's tests (8:00 and 4:00 on the same day) done. Had to convince the staff (a) to do it, (b) I didn't need to take meds first and (c) no, they didn't need to record every med I'm on first (they called two doctors first anyway). Guess it isn't a common test. But two good things--they found a vein both times first time (that NEVER happens) and the damn thing is DONE! Got other household chores done, nothing major and yah, laundry and groceries were part of them. Didn't get to cut down the damn jungle in the backyard, it was too humid and the mosquito-birds were everywhere including inside the house. Am loving watching TV and just being a veggie. Don't get to do this nearly enough.

Today involves a fair bit of activity. Two medical appointments (rolling eyes), taking Mom out to lunch, and picking up old photos (from Mom) at request of GI who wants to look through them this weekend (Saturday?). He isn't staying over (is doing a shopping tour of Ottawa and dropping by for dinner out)--wanted to see if there are any pics of 1970s vintage. Think he is trying to reconnect more firmly with his high school/age of innocence self --knowing his parents, there aren't many pictures of him at home. Not that my parents were big on photos (especially not of my dates) either, I was the photographer in the family. But there are a few photos, I think. Will look and see anyway.

Wonder how I got the photo-taking bug? Surely no one else has it (either parent I mean. So my shutter-bugging isn't a learned behaviour). Maybe that's why--filling a gap. There sure is a pictorial family archive now! I hope that someone takes over the photo archive when I kick the bucket. Not that I mean to be morbid, but there are really only two nephews that seem to care at all about this kind of stuff and I hope that they take hold of this stuff. But I guess if no one cares then it doesn't really matter, does it?

Speaking of photos, one of my paternal great aunts had, according to my late dad, many photos of Civil War battlegrounds taken by a famous photographer. He said that the photos showed bodies as far as the eye could see, that it was indescribable. No one told us when she died, or that she had been institutionalized (cancer) prior to that (it isn't as if there weren't tons of letters from my dad in that house or that we hadn't visited a lot, etc.). She died a 'ward of the state', so all of her assets had been taken over by the government of the state that she lived in. Not the best way to die and it must have happened quickly--odd. Didn't think that things happened or could happen that way with government but it did in this case. Wonder how she came by those photos and hope that they are somewhere where people can see them.

Do remember that we visited her shortly after my ex and I separated (parents and I). Burst into tears in this great-aunt's living room (thank heavens she was in the kitchen and didn't hear me crying). This lady never married because her father rejected the love of her life as a suitor (according to my dad). I was so terrified at the time of winding up as she did. Alone. And here I am, alone and loving it. Ironic, huh? At that long-ago time, saw 'alone' as 'loveless'. Silly old me. Fortunately there are all kinds of love. Just didn't know it at the time. Was so young.

Damn this is turning into some post. Sorry folks. Just in a mood I guess. Or maybe it's all this doctor stuff and watching too much C.S.I.

OK off to take Mom to lunch. Happy Thursday folks, whether HN, N or not!!!

Hugs, Bridg

UPDATE:

ARGH!

Don't have Cushing's (predictable), do have toenail infection and two MORE blood tests to take (fasting of course) and my third general practioner doctor in a row is leaving the province (what are the odds?). This.is.getting.personal!!!!

The first m.d. left because her husband was transferred to a different city in this province. The second m.d. quit medicine because her son was killed in an accident and she just could not hack the practice anymore and who could blame her. This fellow's wife was transferred to another province. Happy for the first and third m.d.s' fortunes but...

ARGH!!!

On the plus side, spent the rest of the afternoon combing through old photos and found more stuff of 1970s vintage, GI will be pleased. Many more than I knew existed. And found TONS of stuff he isn't interested in but I am. Photo archives of both sides of the family. Dad's is very well documented (dates and names on the back of the photos, nicely done Dad) and there are tons of photos. Mom's isn't documented at all but BOY did the camera ever love her. WOW.

Am putting as many pics as I can into albums for Mom but there are far too many for me to be able to afford to put away. So much for me being the family photographer! Someone else was very busy at this generations before I was even an idea (early 1910s). Found birth announcements from 1908? Letters to my dad when he was in the army--about 2" worth. KEWL. Pictures of his dad and HIS dad. On horseback, in various poses..incredible stuff. None of the civil war stuff, but profoundly interesting. Two patents. All kinds of stuff.

Somewhere, in generations past, a kindred spirit. Dad among them. Who knew?

Night world. Hope you're cool (physically) where you are, this place is a sauna!

8 Comments:

  • At 7/13/2006 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Hey Dreamboat Bridgie, have a great fluff out weekend. 'Tis Friday here already and I am winding down my hols. Back to the fray on Monday ... sigh. Could get used to never working again. Well not in the workforce anyway. I so Love to potter around home and if the neighbours don't like my taste in loud music they can go fugg themselves!
    And, I survived my date! Phew! I live to tell more tales!

     
  • At 7/13/2006 09:25:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Aggie, details lady, we want details!! Brave you going through with it whilst ill!!

    Totally agree re not going back to work (while on full salary, natch) and about loud musical tastes.

    This working for a living sucketh royally.....

    Took Monday off too. M's idea, and it was a great one....going over to your place right now!!!!

    DB (Dreamboat Bridgie, not DeadBeat)

     
  • At 7/14/2006 03:05:00 PM, Blogger .: raven :. said…

    i really hate it when you have to change doctors . it's horrible. i had the same PCP for 15 years and recently had to change.

    and i love me some Heart ....

     
  • At 7/14/2006 05:31:00 PM, Blogger bdogg_mcgee said…

    Woah, Bridge! It's been awhile since I've visited, and how interesting to read and see that we've both been tested for Cushing's recently.

    My levels came back within "normal" range, which is EXTREMELY frustrating, because most of the time I still feel like crap, and nobody can tell me why I've inexplicably gained 20# in the past two months and have horrid acne--and I've always had near-perfect skin.

    So, we're going to try my levels again in a month or so, and I'm researching other hormonal disorders that have the same symptoms I'm going through. Frustrating!

     
  • At 7/14/2006 06:10:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Hey Bridg,

    Have a few free moments on the computer so I thought I'd stop by to say hi. I responded to the comment you left at my place yesterday. Glad you got the Cushings test done at last and that you have a definitive answer now.

    I was in Depression Group yesterday and the facilitator said that it often takes 10 years for BiPolar to be properly diagnosed because people don't go to the doctor when they're feeling good. I thought of you when this came up. I hope you're taking care of yourself

    Love and hugs,

    WC.

     
  • At 7/14/2006 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks WC, I have a pal who used to do work with the stats group of Cdn Inst. of Health Research--he said that their data showed bipolar as hard to identify, guess that's why--and that depression is usually id'd first. Not sure that they have the bipolarity under control yet...still have shopping sprees but nowhere near as bad as they were. But thanks for thinking of me and am VERY glad that you're hooked up in a group.

    That's excellent.

    How are YOU feeling???

    I'm annoyed about Cushings---had every one of the damn symptoms. Coincidence I guess --but everyone of them??

    Bdogg, I sure share your frustration and wonder if the normal levels are set too low? As you can seee from my response to WC, I had every damn symptom that I found on Google, except for the 'gold standard'. Freaking annoying. I gained 80# in a year and lost half my hair. That is not normal. Grrrrr I hear ya lady. We should keep in touch. I bet 10 minutes after we croak they figure out that something was wrong with the machinery lol.



    Raven what are the odds???? What's a PCP? Here in Ontario there are no doctors to be had, about 20% of us don't have md's at all. I'm sick of looking for one. might just give up looking, this is nuts. What're the odds of losing 3 in a row???

     
  • At 7/15/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Trishdish said…

    Yes I could handle not working on full pay too. I like to change male Doctors as often as possible. Man handling variety!

     
  • At 7/15/2006 09:08:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Trish, does that mean you like or don't like manhandlers lol?

    Nah, just kidding. Wonder how they'd like turn about treatment (by fugly female types)?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home