Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Beautiful Day

courtesy of: http://www.21lyric.com/Z/Ziggy-Marley-lyrics/The-Spirit-of-Music/Beautiful-Day/
Album : The Spirit of Music
Artist : Ziggy Marley

Take a look into the sky
'Cause the world is not so pretty
Free myself from worries
So I can see
It's just a beautiful day
It's just a beautiful day
You could be sad
But I rather you not be
Don't dwell on the negative
Just the positivity

And it's a beautiful day
It's just a beautiful day
We're always trying to satisfy these wants and needs
Take you some time for that inner peace
When your eyes are open
You'll see things differently
There's so much gloom
Hiding the reality
It's just a beautiful day
Yeah, It's just a beautiful day

Take a look into the sky
Wake up
Take a look into the sky
Keep your head up high
Take a look into the sky
I take a look into the sky
'Cause the world is not so pretty
Free myself from worries
So I can see
It's just a beautiful day

I could be sad
But you rather me not be
Don't dwell on the negative just the positivity
And it's a beautiful day
And it's a beautiful day

We're always trying to satisfy these wants and needs
Take you some time for that inner peace
When our eyes are open
We'll see things differently
There's so much gloom
Hiding the reality
It's just a beautiful day
A beautiful day

Take a look into the sky
Wake up
Take a look into the sky
Look in the sky
Keep your head up high
It's just a beautiful day
I know it's a beautiful day
It's just a beautiful day
I know it's a beautiful day
No one can take that away
It's just a beautiful day
I know it's a beautiful day
Don't you feel no way
It's just a beautiful day

Isn't this a lovely song, world? Wish I could post the music (am a bit of a dummy that way) here but the lyrics are cool too.

Loving not being at work, even if it's just for a week. Am mellow and (as you can see from the lyrics) very happy and back to being upbeat me again after just the weekend. Two factors involved in this--one was visit from GI (ex bf and dear friend), and seeing Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest with Mom on Sunday.

Had been months and months since I'd been to a movie. Damn if I know why, they are the best therapy (well, OK friends and music are right in there too). Oh yah right was too tired from work etc. that's why. Anyway, if you are looking for ummm deep meaning, soul searching arty stuff (e.g. Angela's Ashes), stay the heck away from this one. If you liked the previous (first) Pirates and/or want to be entertained, love Johnny Depp (etc.) --definitely check this one out. LOVED IT. Is worth seeing more than once. No kidding. I think it's better than the first one by a long shot.

Had a great visit with GI. We finally got through all my photo albums. Have not counted them all but have more than 10, less than 20 (I think less than 20). And Chinese food. Introduced him to Cantonese chow mein, to which I was introduced by an ex bf many years ago. It was the ONE thing about that guy that doesn't make me retch (caught athlete's foot --oh well could have been a lot worse!).

Would have been ashamed to have GI come back here and see the same pictures (art) still not hung on the walls that were not hung the last time he was here. They were taken down because of getting the place painted, and I had not re-hung them because of my hurt arm/shoulder/whatever. Guess the cortisone shot is helping, because I put all seven of them up FAST on Saturday morning. After that the aching started, but at least they got done. Then took Mom to get her hair done, did grocery shopping, etc.

My smart alek mother said 'thank God he visits once in a while, otherwise your housework would never get done'.

Very funny, Mom, love you anyway!

The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe did her (now usual) mourning thing when GI left the next morning. Looking longingly at the front door, meowing at it, etc. Spent a lot of time (trying to) cuddling, petting her, explaining that GI has a family and a home and that we have ours, etc. She really is attached to him and (well I think) that is weird. The other ex bf (of Cantonese chow mein/athletes' foot fame) LIVED here for three months and she wasn't attached to him at all. Later on, about two years ago, dated someone else (a francophone guy) whom she just ignored. But GI she adores. We don't have overnight visitors here as a rule, that may be a little part of it, but it's cute. She follows him around like a puppy, gets him to rub her tummy and on Saturday night she slept with him!!! Traitor. Well, OK my door was shut but still.

Enough about the flipping cat. Have tasks to get to (depressingly, medical/exercise related). But at least they aren't housework!!!

Hope your weekend was lovely, world, we sure had the weather for it.

Did anyone else watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and if so what did you think?

Just curious......

Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 7/10/2006 11:17:00 AM, Blogger flea said…

    gosh it seems like everyone and i do mean everyone has seen this movie except for me! and of course i am dying to see it....mabye i'll go on a cheap nite this week

     
  • At 7/10/2006 04:08:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Hey Bridg: I loved the Pirates movie; my peeve was that it finished when it did. I wanted to go straight into #3. Waaaaaaaaa! I luv JD & I luv Bill Nighy. That chick from Love Actually that HG ended up with is an actress Maureen McCutcheon (spelling?) Anyway, she was on another programme here just a night or so ago. Called "The F Word." Hmmm, eyebrows rising I see. Only it stands for Food in this case and she was helping out a chef called Gordon Ramsay in his London Restaurant. She knew nothing about cooking, and his task was to teach her. LOL v. funny.
    PLOT SPOILER AHEAD-WARNING!
    I can totally see Pepe le Pew in JD's performance now that you mention it and I knew about the Keith Richard's takeoff. I loved it when they biffed the idiot conch-guy's head off with the coconut - ain't truth stranger than fiction!
    P.S. If I get toally bored & ever disappear from blogdom I'll let you know, (select few) and reappear specially to haunt your blog. (Doubt it will happen - I'd need a life first.) lol

     
  • At 7/10/2006 09:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Flea, you've gotta see it. Will definitely see it again, and don't leave when the credits start. I made that mistake.

    Aggie!!! I felt the same way! Could not recognize who that guy was but knew his voice (BN). Love the F word play on words and agree re the cranial removal...ditto re commitment to haunt but hope you don't leave blogdom!

    Don't think I"ll be doing it anytime soon, no signs of life developing here either ROFLMAO!!! The PePe LeP thing is just too funny...

     
  • At 3/11/2017 04:38:00 AM, Blogger Vigor Cindy said…

    The melody of music always makes us feel relaxed and relaxed. I have learned quite a lot from your article. Maybe our lives can not be without music. Thanks so much for sharing.
    -----
    #Winter Wonderland Lyrics | Song lyrics Beauty And A Beat Click here

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home