Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Your Song

World, I have three songs in my head at the same time: this one, Baby I Love Your Way and Major Tom. It.is.weird. This one won, because I've been talking about it with Dar and GI.

Music by Elton JohnLyrics by Bernie Taupin
lyrics courtesy of:
http://www.eltonography.com/songs/your_song.html
It's a little bit funny this feeling inside

I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live
If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you
And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world
I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on
So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

NCIS tonight, Jack.

Work went great, fell asleep reading monster report but got it done at work today. How? All the bosses were gone at a retreat so we got to do stuff uninterrupted! OK they are dears, they pay us, but you know, sometimes you need an empty day just to catch up on the work. Yahoo it happened. Thank heavens.

Despite my efforts to curb spending will call in exterminators to look at big sand pile in back yard. Don't think it's an anthill, think it's a ground wasp nest. Too many wasps/bees around. Sigh.

Just talked to TOO/Sis who is now Sis again. That part of the war appears to be over. She had her second operation and is recovering. Will be as mad as hell that I even typed this. So let's not tell her, K?

Good pal Zel had a 9 pound baby boy!! Wow. Second baby, first boy.

Dar is recovering from a fall down the stairs, mending nicely (I told you, this lady does everything well!). SOOOO want to live down the street from these guys. So does The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe. Brat. If we did, she'd run away to their house, I bet.

Not much else to talk about, world. Yes there is laundry again to do but that can wait a night or two. Am actually keeping up with physiotherapy (did I mention they think I tore a ligament? Lovely) and eating small light meals? Until tonight. Never leave a box of Goldfish around me if you want to have any yourself.

Sigh.

Night folks!!

Bridg

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home