Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Workin' For The Weekend

World, you are NOT going to believe this! True to my little (ha) old lady form, usually say prayers on the way into work. Today's was about a bunch of things, including my dysfunctional family plus a request for help with my unusually BAD financial state.

Well.

Happened to call the bank today with a rather insane request from Bell towards the end of the work day. Of course the bank said that they don't do that kind of stuff (which I anticipated). By the way, the voice of the bankperson said, I noticed that you're paying a high interest rate on your line of credit and would you like us to lower it and yadda yadda yadda (consolidate it with other stuff)? I said that I'd kiss his feet and if he was single marry him (not that that would be a good thing). He laughed and arranged the whole thing in less than 10 minutes. No.kidding. Have been kinda worried, to put it mildly, in that way the past few weeks, and voila, it's settled.

Wow Up There. Thanks big time. Is by no means over, but have room to breathe now. And totally unexpected.

So don't have to move in under a bridge yet. Cool.

The two interviews I had to do today got cancelled. One by an emergency (can't tell you what kind but believe me it's a good thing) the second one hey that was an emergency too. Used the time to get all my backlog of writing up the notes done. Man were my fingers sore.

GI's visiting tomorrow YEA, still have not made stupid soup, however *cue Halleluiah choir* laundry is finally done!!! Groceries finally done!!! Have to mail Peggy's bd present so that it gets there (Nfld) by June 20, have to get Jer's bd present (May 4 slightly overdue), and one for Boy Wonder (June 17) to leave at Mom's so he can ignore/destroy or who knows be a human being about it. Get to go with Dar and GI to Maxville on Aug 4 YEA!!!!! Have to pick up framing job...this is all not big but easy-to-forget stuff.

Still need a wife/caretaker. Why don't we have those here? Oh right they don't do that for free. Oh well.

Meds are sinking in, Bridg has to go to sleep.

One of the guards at work today said to me that I must be on great drugs because I'm always smiling. Smart *ss.

Hugs and kisses, world!

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 6/03/2006 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Vest said…

    My nearest and dearest has little or no conceptiom of monetary management and in her admission she is quite happy to let me set the pace of her expenditure in addition to her out goings on seasonal gifts to the ever increasing number of friends and relatives. I dont ever recall her calling me tight wad. and we have never used strongarm methods when anylising any excessive outgoings.
    At least not yet.

     
  • At 6/03/2006 07:50:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Vest, am a lot like your nearest and dearest.

     
  • At 6/03/2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    wow, world of difference in banks...

    Bridget: "I'd like a loan."
    Bank: "And the purpose would be?..."
    Bridget: "Well, you know, to have money?..."
    Bank: "Will tens and twenties be okay?..."
    Bridget: "Fine. Thank You..."


    Scrunch: "I'd like a loan..."
    Bank: "We'll need the names of your children for collateral..."
    Scrunch: "Cute. But I do need a loan..."
    Bank: "hahahhahahahahaha. NO. but have a doughnut...we bought them with your savings account..."

     
  • At 6/03/2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Vest said…

    Bridget: I know. That is how I know you are a lovable person.

     
  • At 6/04/2006 12:26:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    LOL! Security guards tend to notice those that could go off the deep end :)

    On the financial front, watch out when companies automatically change your credit card as an "upgrade". My interest rate slowly increased as they continued to change my card. Finally called them on it and not it is back down.

     
  • At 6/04/2006 07:27:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Scrunchie, I changed banks a few years ago. Got turned down by one bank--first time ever, and felt like a world class loser. Wound up going to current bank at nagging of Mom. They not only gave me a loan, but a huge LOC. So I moved everything over to them (mortgage, the works). How could I be a world class bum at one place, and worth that much at this conservative bank in the same month???

    Hmmmm. The place that I left called months later to find out why. They fell over themselves apologizing. Said that I knew it wasn't the telephonee's fault (had been with that place for 24 years), and that I hope whoever it was who made that decision was pleased with himself. But it was so long forever. Also noted that they lost The Other One as a client for doing the same thing to her. Oh well. Live and learn. Telephonee said that she'd report the reason for my switch as 'moved out of town'. Yah, that'll help.

    Vestie, you da best (((Hugs)))

    DMJ, am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but even I caught onto that one!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home