Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, June 12, 2006

They're Coming To Take Me Away (ha ha hee hee ho ho)

Only those of us older than dirt will remember that one, eh world?

It's finally sunny here in O-town! Hope it's nice and sunny in your corner of the world, world!

The pest control guys did come today. And whoever is in charge of the pest control guys didn't tell my particular one that I wouldn't be home, so they left! Did not try the unlocked gate argh! They left a message on my answering machine, so I chatted with them tonight and cleared things up. They asked me to put a jar over the mound ha ha ha, so I explained just how big this thing is (ho ho ho). Now have to mark it by leaving a trowel near it. Oh boy, just what I want to do. Be anywhere near it.

M told me today that I am moving offices, so am losing the palatial accomodation. Oh well, no real surprise since am no longer management (my decision). When am I moving? By end of day tomorrow. His/Our boss forgot to tell us weeks ago. Where am I moving? Around the corner to a relatively private cube (locked door and everything, which is rare). No window but no big deal. I have to do interviews, use speakerphone, so quiet is a big deal. There is another office that shares a doorway with me but it is occupied by a consultant. I know the man, we can work things out. He had been moved three times in one day today by the time I saw him. Poor guy.

M volunteered to help me move my stuff and then disappeared. The previous occupant of the cube I'm moving to is someone who used to report to me and who had real health (slob) issues. She got a job elsewhere and left months ago. It's so dirty in that place that we have to use bleach on the surfaces of the place, and I'm pretty laid back about cleanliness. M insisted on the bleach. Her phone was in such bad condition that people came into the office to see it after she left, and were joking about sending it to CSI (I would say X Files but that would be mean). It was covered in some yellow goo and not just on the mouth parts. Oh well. The hardest part was moving 11 laminated pics. Got most of the stuff moved except files. Most of them are sensitive material so have to do it myself tomorrow. Heaven only knows if they can move my phone and computer. If not, guess I get some time off (ha ha ha)!!

Allegedly this move is for two months only and they'll make it up to me when we move (with a nicer office?????). Sounds good but hmmm.

Have physio tonight but am not in the mood for this stuff at all. Will likely be my last appointment. Really want a bionic arm.

Oh may as well go. Why have this hanging over my head? Grrrr.

Have a lovely evening, world! Enjoy the sunshine....and look out for sandy bumps in the ground, these critters might have buddies.....

Bridg

17 Comments:

  • At 6/12/2006 08:34:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I could never understand this, but when we move cubes at my place of employment, we always have to take our trash cans with us. WTF?

    Hope the new digs become the perfect hidee-hole that will allow you to crack out the good stuff :)

     
  • At 6/12/2006 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Jack. Wonder if the trash cans have little legs? And they just take off to some little vacation land when they get a chance?

     
  • At 6/12/2006 09:28:00 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said…

    Ummm...yellow goo on the phone????

     
  • At 6/12/2006 09:34:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Yep. Like the stuff that gets onto kitchen walls when you deep fry? Like that.

    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 04:14:00 AM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Are you sure the pest fumigator people shouldn't be checking out the new office as well as the sandpit? Ick! Good luck!

    I'm in Zombie state now Bridg... after overdosing/making up for lost coffee time yesterday ... thought you'd like to know that!

    I'll be blogging all night because of bug-eyed wide awakeness! Serves me right I know!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 04:17:00 AM, Blogger Aggie said…

    And they are definitely coming to take me away (tee hee)

    I remember it well!

    I forgot to ask ... may I reciprocallllllllllllllllly Link?
    Thank you, please?

     
  • At 6/13/2006 07:13:00 AM, Blogger Peter said…

    Yeah Bridg, I remember Ha, Ha, Hee, Hee, Ho, Ho

     
  • At 6/13/2006 08:09:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Aggs sorry about the zombie like state and darn right the bugs folks should check out the new digs (literally new digs). Would LOVE a reciprocal link! Should have asked before linking you, sorry, just liked your blog so much I linked in a fit of enthusiasm. Hope it is OK?

    Peter, Glad I'm not the only one and that you're with us!!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 02:54:00 PM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Hey Bridg!

    Wow, what fond memories of Cubicle Hell as I call it - I am pretty lucky, on my shift NOBODY is sitting on my side of the building!! Chris is probably the only one I could stand, and he has that infernal talking bot!! He sits on the other side...so we are in Cubicle Heaven I suppose!

    Perry

     
  • At 6/13/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Oh, and I used to listen to Dr. Demento, but not as much as my lunatic brother!! lol

     
  • At 6/13/2006 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    I've linked Bridge - thanx & no worries. Anyone may link to me. (I'm so sorry I'm a Blog Slut!Shhh!)
    I like your blog also.
    I've come down off my coffee high now & back to normal (well ... as normal as I can be)
    Have a pest free day!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    "..to the funny farm, where life is beautiful!"
    Looking forward to the trip! ;)

     
  • At 6/13/2006 08:08:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    Unfortunately, I am of that certain age, I remember it well!

     
  • At 6/13/2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    What you need is some of those bathtub mats shaped like feet..put them from the gate to the hill and let the guys do their stuff!

     
  • At 6/14/2006 01:06:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Put a jar on it?
    PUT A JAR on it????
    Oh, I can just see that...

    Bridget at Safeway: "Excuse me, sir? Do you have Skippy peanut butter in the...ummmm,,,(whispering)...55 gallon jar?"

    Clerk: "Aisle 5."

     
  • At 6/14/2006 12:43:00 PM, Blogger starbender said…

    :o I remember :o
    ...where life is beautiful Everyday

    I used 2 work 4 Orkin many yrs. ago... The job made me buggy..

    I hate moving, but I luv 2 move!
    :)

     
  • At 6/14/2006 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Perry, you and Chris WORK together? How incredibly cool is that?! Talking bot? Don't know what that would be but if it annoys coworkers I'm sort of for it....Had forgotten it was Dr. D...love the name...

    Aggs thanks for the link, I am honoured! Am also a BS!!

    Tshsmom, those dumb pest people have not come back to get rid of the buggies. I am going buggy!!! Left a complaint tonight....bet the buggies are partying....grrrrr.

    GWB from what I can tell all of us are in that boat!! We should be partying!! Celebrating!!! In our walkers (tee hee hee)!!!

    Scrunchie, that was my reaction exactly...except can you imagine the bod's reaction to that much PB? Ouchie.....

    Starbender, if you would actually show up here to take care of the critters, I would pay your airfare. Really!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home