Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Reminiscing

Lyrics courtesy of this beautiful little site: http://www.louisiv.com/Tony hardin/littlerb.html

Reminiscing lyrics:
Friday night it was late
I was walking you home
we got down to the gate
And I was dreaming of the night.
Would it turn out right?
How to tell you girl
I want to build my world around you.
Tell you that it's true
I want to make you understand
I'm talkin about a lifetime plan.
That's the way it began
We were hand in hand,
Glenn Miller's Band
Was better than before
We yelled and screamed for more.
And the Porter tune
(Night and Day)
Made us dance across the room.
It ended all too soon.
On the way back home
I promised you'd never be alone.

chorus:
Hurry don't be late,
I can hardly wait.
I said to myself, when we're old,
We'll go dancing in the dark,
Walking through the park
And reminiscing.

Friday night it was late
I was walking you home
we got down to the gate
And I was dreaming of the night
Would it turn out right?

Oh, as the years roll on,
Each time we hear that favorite song
The memories come along.
Oh, the times we're missing
Spending the hours reminiscing.

Isn't that a sweet song, world?

Not much to report in Bridg-town, was home sick today. The physio folks did their best but the arm was far too sore to sleep/get dressed, let alone go to work.

So I stayed home and did all that stuff that's been pending forever, including mending, banking, you name it, it got done. Went to see sports med doc with blood in eye (aka DO SOMETHING NOW, please, am sick and tired of this).

Verdict: Tendonitis.
Tendonitis? Thought that was a wussy thing! Very embarrassing. Because of the heart thing--no anti-inflammatories. Because of allergies--no codiene. Just lots of Tylenol (every 4 hours). OK. Treatment: Cortisone injections (starting Tuesday) and acupuncture (starting Thursday) plus an ultrasound to rule out tears. They're pretty sure it isn't a tear because of the strength that I have. No nerve damage. Probably won't heal fast but...gotta start now.

So this is good news. No surgery. Needles yes of a few varieties but no surgery.

Thank.Heaven.something.is.happening.

That's it for tonight folks. Will be more interesting tomorrow....Bridg

10 Comments:

  • At 6/27/2006 08:49:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Ouch! Let me know how the acupuncture works out. Always fascinated me.

     
  • At 6/27/2006 09:08:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, have only seen men in the physio place having it, and they seem very relaxed/zoned out. Will let you know....

     
  • At 6/27/2006 09:25:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Good luck with all that Bridg. I really hope it works for you. Don't want my fave girl in pain. btw I LOVE Little River Band. I saw them live several times. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC. You and I DO share the same taste. Cool eh?

     
  • At 6/27/2006 09:31:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Oops! Meant to mention my favourite Lil River Band song is "It's a long way there, ... a long way to where I'm going."
    OMG that brings back some memories!

     
  • At 6/27/2006 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Aggs, Very glad to be your fave *grin* and share the same musical tastes!! Been a long time since I saw any group in person and never saw LRB...don't know that song.

    Will hunt down their CDs....

     
  • At 6/28/2006 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Trishdish said…

    Hey Bridget. Thanks for the warm welcome to Blogdom.
    Acupuncture huh. I'll be interested in how that goes. Take care.

     
  • At 6/28/2006 07:51:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Welcome to the zoo, Trishdish!! Will report back on the needle thing, esp. its potential application to ummm let's say, deserving pests....

     
  • At 6/28/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger starbender said…

    Tendonitis???
    :"[
    ouch! I've had that a few times B4!

     
  • At 6/28/2006 05:44:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Cortizone shots - if they're the same as Husband got - are painful themselves but work wonders! Hoping the best for you Bridg.

     
  • At 6/28/2006 07:12:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks starbender, don't feel like as big a wuss as I did last night now...:)

    Jeannie, Oh I am not looking forward to these shots AT ALL. Am taking sleeping stuff RIGHT after the injection....yikes.....Bridg the chicken...

    p.s. really hoping they work....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home