Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mango (Warning, Tasteless Content)


Bruce Cockburn
courtesy of: http://cockburnproject.net/songs&music/mango.html

She's got a mango in the garden - sweet as can be
She's got a mango in the garden - full of mystery
She's got a mango in the garden - from the original tree
She's got a mango in the garden - shares it with me
Humid gleaming precious well
Love to drink that water
Parallel worlds when the sun goes down
The atmosphere grows hotter
She's got a mango in the garden - sweet as can be

She's got a mango in the garden - full of mystery
She's got a mango in the garden - from the original tree
She's got a mango in the garden - shares it with me
I slip through the glistening gate
Tide began to pound
Tears of light poured over me
And ricocheted all around
She's got a mango in the garden - sweet as can be

She's got a mango in the garden - full of mystery
She's got a mango in the garden - from the original tree
She's got a mango in the garden - shares it with me

Was going to use another song but hey had this one started, world. Hope your day was nice and smooth?

Am almost through physio! Have one more appointment and then graduate, yea! Or else they are giving up? No actually am much better. And treadmilled too. Thought might last 10 minutes. Nope. 7. How humiliating. But 7 beats 0.

Work went great, Sis is home and feeling better. Is trying in her bossy way to forbid me to type about her here. Heh so what am I doing right now? Not mentioning her, nosiree. Let's not mention BW (Boy Wonder).

Had an attack of a rather unfortunate temporary physical ailment (eating too much #%^^ fruit. What idiot says 5-8 servings??? WRONG!!) right after coming home from physiotherapy but made it to the bathroom in time. And some idiot rang the doorbell right away. I bleated, rather feebly, 'go away' from the bathroom, but did stagger to the door in a few minutes. Who is it? Next door neighbor.

Today at lunch I found someone to come over and clean out the evestrough (he actually did it this afternoon--right away--without me there!). Hoping this will get rid of the flock of mosquitoes. He used some big power machine that 'spit out' nails that were apparently in the evestrough that the roofers left there when they reroofed recently. The nails landed on our shared driveway. Next door neighbor, bless her heart, picked up the nails, worried that someone would hurt themselves or that her car/mine/her son's would pick up the nails in our tires. She ran right over to show me the nails as soon as she heard me come home (from physiotherapy--that would have been around 8:00 pm). Picking up the nails was very thoughtful and I think/hope I thanked her. Catching me in the washroom, well, she has a habit of doing that. She was very embarrassed (it was kinda obvious to any breathing life form) and left right away. It's funny
now!

And that, world, is about all that happened of note today. Hope your day was good, smooth sailing, nice and sunny?

Can't believe I actually posted about that (some class act here huh?). Off to check and make sure that The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe didn't suffocate. It is very quiet down there.

Tomorrow hopefully will do something more socially redeeming/less disgusting.

Night world....love, Bridg

13 Comments:

  • At 6/07/2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger saby said…

    She's got a mango in the garden - sweet as can be


    weird song
    mango is tropical fruit

    u guys shud be singing of apple pie
    and she gott a bun in the oven

    and i am not too sure wat dat means

     
  • At 6/07/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    And I thought I did weird posts sometimes....

    Mangos and Roofing Nails...sounds like one of those artsy-fartsy foreign films you can't understand.
    Or an alternative rock band...

     
  • At 6/07/2006 11:32:00 PM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Hmmm, ok. I'm not EVEN going to comment on the singer's name. Glad to hear you are doing better Bridget! And sorry again for bringin up that other song!!

     
  • At 6/08/2006 07:50:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Saby do you ever comment without bring up sex?

    Scrunch, you're right! Sort of like that sixties song incense and peppermints.

    Txdad, it isn't pronounced like it looks, that poor man (co-burn). That other song is really pretty, and the splitting up happened in 1981, long time ago (heh heh heh no really!).

     
  • At 6/08/2006 09:24:00 AM, Blogger starbender said…

    Can't even have peace in the bathroom, what's this world coming to???
    ;]

     
  • At 6/08/2006 11:29:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    If I were to have 5 - 8 serving of fruit & veg every day, I'd be in the same boat you were. With IBS I cannot digest that kind of fibre like everyone else and I'd be in agony. The Canada Food Guide is a bit of a scam, in my opinion. Look who advertises on it! I wouldn't worry.

     
  • At 6/08/2006 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Vest said…

    Saby has several alter egos, so far I have found JULIA and JIM

     
  • At 6/08/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    The beauty of a bathroom post :)

     
  • At 6/08/2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    After a certain age everyone heads for the head automatically when they get home...yet when we're waiting for a neighbor to return it never occurs to us to let them have a short time to "settle in" before we ring their doorbell..

     
  • At 6/09/2006 08:06:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Starbender, that is exactly how I reacted!

    WC, thanks for the support. Totally agree re that @#$%^ food guide!

    DMJ, will try to sprout just a tad more ummm class...

     
  • At 6/09/2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jipzee! long time no hear!! Have had such problems accessing your blog!!

    You're right, will be much more considerate barging in on my neighbors lol....

     
  • At 6/10/2006 05:51:00 AM, Blogger Aggie said…

    You should have asked her if she wanted fresh fertilizer for her garden? LOL!

     
  • At 6/10/2006 09:34:00 PM, Blogger SME said…

    I like that mango-garden song. I'm trying to think where I heard it...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home