Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Last Train To London

My two best friends (OK that's a juvenile term, but I'm juvenile) are in Victoria now. Missing them like heck already. Have only been reconnected with GI and have only known Dar for two months but feels like a lifetime (in a good way). Talk to the two of them one way or another several times a day and am in withdrawl already :( despite having the usual frantic workday.

Oh stop it Bridg! Grow up!

No! Gimme one reason why!

Am approaching Limesque dimensions in arguing with myself. Sorry folks. Lime does it so much better.

And now for something almost completely different.

BW's birthday is very soon. Sis advises that I had better apologize to him for previous post (5/15/26). Not too likely. His alleged reason? He thinks that his sons can be identified by what I wrote and/or is annoyed that I criticized them in that post. I don't think that I did, I adore and love both of them madly. His real reason according to moi--I criticized HIM. And I think I'm right.

If any of you (who are not BW) write back to me with their names, I will apologize.

My late father picked fights over minor things (a lot) and blew them into major battles. All this kid is doing is the same (tired old) thing. I'm refusing to get drawn into the same melodramatic crap by ignoring it. Am avoiding it. Yes that's another kind of confrontation, but what would you do?

I.hate.conflict. He appears to thrive on it. I have lost two houses and was refused a (car) test drive because of this guy's negotiating style--aggressive. People like me, they like working with me, and I've done rather well with people. Not by sucking up, but by being respectful and firm. To be fair, he was successful too. There have been very few situations where I've walked away/given up on a situation and am related to both of them--father and son. Oops guess the divorce counts too but he left me. We're related but different people.

So for the first time in decades, am not telephoning the kid on his birthday. Feel guilty but relieved about it at the same time. Will leave the cards/presents from both Mom and me in his mailbox, like a thief, after dark tonight. This.is.stupid. Sis can't host a birthday party, she's sick. Mom is getting way too old for this stuff, and I am persona non gratia.

No am not feeling sorry for myself, just impatient with stupidity.

It's a gorgeous day. Will relax this weekend, world, hope that you do too. Thanks for letting me vent....Bridg

UPDATE

Managed to sneak over there and drop off both cards with presents inside a few minutes ago. Gave Mom a copy of the infamous 5/15/06 post. She'd already seen it and agreed that it didn't name names.

Promise to be funnier tomorrow, world!!

Nighty night!

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 6/16/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Vent away Bridg!!Although I have yet to understand all the initials in your posts....lol...I think I see why you use them. Venting is one of the best things about blogs! If it bothers anyone, delete their posts, the fuggers! :O)
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

     
  • At 6/16/2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Txdad! BW = boy wonder = sibling (well, he sorta divorced me so is former sibling).

     
  • At 6/16/2006 11:06:00 PM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    ahhh! cool, my sister did the same to me!! Losers...lol

     
  • At 6/17/2006 01:35:00 AM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Bridg: People like that are the ones that LOSE big time.
    Staying true to yourself is the right thing to do.
    It still amazes me (even at my ripe old age) that some folk think you have to be a clone of THEM to be acceptable in their sight! Gaffaw ... do they need to grow up or what? Being reduced to their level is just another form of manipulation - tell him to go FUG hisself and get over hisself!
    So, put that guilt trip away girl!
    Have a good day tomorrow. Thought about a Spa?

     
  • At 6/17/2006 09:41:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Perry, very sad that you went through anything like this (((hugs))) Am hearing this a lot. Very sad, not at all what this cockeyed optimist expected. Thought it was only our bunch that was messed up.

    Aggie, you are so right on, lady!! Yes am thinking spa big time. All I need is to get time and $s. But definitely need to, want to! That hot tub/pool that Perry's in and that show up in your blog look sooooooooooooooo delicious!!!!!!
    (((((hugs)))) and you are so right about getting over themselves/manipulation. Am way too old for this crap, as Danny Glover says.

     
  • At 6/18/2006 06:06:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Sounds pretty heavy. I hope it works out well for you. However, I tend to think that grudges tend to hurt the person holding them, more than the person they are aimed at. When you forgive someone else, you are not helping out someone else, you are helping yourself. Just my $0.02.

     
  • At 6/19/2006 06:46:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Chris, you are one smart guy! That was way more than $0.02 worth! TY!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home