Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Kentucky Woman

Hey world how are you?

It is GORGEOUS here and it figures, tomorrow's Monday!!

Visit was terrific. Weather sucked but that's Ottawa for you. Dar's shower (the wedding kind) went perfectly, of course. This lady can do anything. And do it to a T. Cannot think of one thing I have known this lady to do that wasn't exquisite.

GI and I looked at baby pictures (up to current). All I can say is the 70s and 80s were weird as far as clothes and hair go and that mustaches on him are not a good idea. And we looked at (WHY did I KEEP this thing?) my wedding photo album. Had not looked at that thing in at least a decade. Have lost touch with many if not all of the people in it and some have passed on. Was such a naieve little...oh never mind. Glad I wasn't looking at it by myself.

He liked what I did to my walls (the paint colors). Except the pulling out the curtain rods of course. And I topped that, world. Managed to knock over a floor lamp in the same room (second bedroom--the one I'm in when GI is here) and shattered the glass globe inside it. Of course into a billion tiny pieces. Vacuumed them up today (was against the outer wall, only one in danger from glass shards was The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe). Speaking of TMSCTU, she is pretty steamed (at yours truly, of course) that her friend (GI) has left. And that she didn't get pepperoni from the pizza. Boy talk about spoiled. She only had two breakfasts! Good thing that I didn't have human offspring. They'd probably be criminals.

GI brought pics taken at last visit when Dar was here. MAN I am a WHALE!! OK that does it. Treadmill time. You guys are probably sick and tired of reading this but....have already lost somewhere between 15 and 18 lbs and am down a size in pants. Nuff said. All in all had a wonderful visit. Missed Dar but got to talk to her tonight (YAY!!!). She liked presents GI brought back from here (double YAY!!). Dar, I and Mom are a lot alike. We all went to school taught by nuns (and boy is that a bond), have the same sense of humor, are spunky, I was going to say smart but they're both smarter than I am, independent...cut from the same cloth is what I'm trying to say. It is such sweet relief.

Also had visit with Mom tonight. She ate more and faster than I've seen her eat in years. Thank Heaven!!! Left early because got paranoid that BW (Boy Wonder) would drop by. Have to get past this but might take awhile.

Hoping that work goes calmly tomorrow, but ain't likely in my case ('alone again, naturally!').

Hope that all of your Mondays are smooth sailing, not manic, not frantic.

Love ya, world.

Hugs, Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    I love your blog! Too funny. Can I link it on mine? I'm a friend of Chris, his Oracle...lol

     
  • At 6/05/2006 06:35:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Sure txdad! Would be honored!!!

     
  • At 6/05/2006 06:43:00 AM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Too Cool...I have links now!!! I feel like such a big boy now!! :O)

     
  • At 6/05/2006 05:26:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Memories, like the corners of my mind.....
    I loved Kentucky Woman and all that Neil Diamond stuff back then (and still to be honest)
    I don't look at my wedding pictures either and I'm still married to the guy.
    The 70's and 80's (and 90's and 2000's) what were we thinking - fashion and hair-wise? You notice some of that crap is coming back? Like upside down, over-sized glasses. Ick. I kept a couple pair just to laugh at years later. Cracks me up but it looks like I could wear them again.
    It is strange how we surround ourselves with certain personalities. Why are mine so unpleasant?

     
  • At 6/05/2006 07:32:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Glad your weekend went so well! Ours was freaky, but in a good way.

     
  • At 6/05/2006 07:46:00 PM, Blogger SME said…

    I crack up at Richard's '70s photos - perms, frilly (PINK) shirts, moustaches. I hope it was the drugs. Otherwise y'all have no good excuse! :D

     
  • At 6/05/2006 08:29:00 PM, Blogger saby said…

    hey Bridget

    sorry i cant resist tormenting the old geezer

    all the deleted comments u see on his blog are mine

    but honestly
    i love the old geezer too
    but dont tell him

    its just dat my way of expressing my love is weird

    too bad u cant visit my page
    we are having funn

    at least i am

     
  • At 6/05/2006 08:35:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Ah, the beauty of Mondays spent indoors.

    Glad to hear your mom is also finding her stride.

     
  • At 6/05/2006 09:19:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TXdad58 thanks for the link! I am honoured!!!!

    Jeannie, I love ND too. I had no excuse for the unpleasant personalities, I married mine but then we divorced. Oh yah the others were my siblings and can't help them ha ha ha (ooh I am a witch)

    Tshsmom very glad your weekend was freakin' good too ;) Scrunch's posts are hilarious!!

    Saby I hope you are nice to Vest. I really really like him....

    DMJ you spent Monday inside? You OK?? Thanks re Mom, she is turning a corner well, I hope.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home