Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Holiday Road

That title is for Dar and GI, world, who are on their way to WC's area (Victoria)--well they're closer to WC than I am!! Will miss the two of them, they come back in what, about a week. It's GI's mom's birthday in a few days. She'll be 82. This is also the second anniversary of Dar losing her mom, so I am very very sad for her. ((((((((((hugs and love))))))))).

Please hurry home safely you two!!!

On much more mundane topics........

The bug people finally came today (after much nagging from me). That big sand birthday cake thingie? It was a big anthill after all, they said. Charged me $205 after all (not $55 as promised, WC was right) to spray it and the foundation of the townhouse-- and the anthill is still there). Not terribly impressed. For $205 you'd think it'd be gone physically too.

Charming.

The burglar alarm folks tested their system out tonight. Not sure what it all proved.

M read the big honking report (120 pages) FINALLY. He read my comments on the big honking report. The ones I wrote weeks ago? Yeah, them. Could not find some things I mentioned in my comments. Asked me to find them. I did, in less than 5 minutes, literally. Shaking.my.head. They were quite serious things, too. He was supposed to meet the Big Boss today about our big items that he didn't address before. BB postponed the meeting. This is twice now. Shaking.my.head.harder. Well, my work's up to date. Consultants and partners are pestering me for decisions M and BB have to make/should have made some time ago. Am now just passing them up to him. Maddening. Really, utterly maddening. Nothing hard about this.

Oh well.

Three different people asked me today whether I've lost weight--and I was wearing light grey pants (the kind that make you look fat). Cool. Am not weighing myself so have no idea re actual loss, except that can wear smaller size clothes and can wear smaller size shoes. That's a good thing, huh? Only two billion more pounds to go!

Other than that, nothing much going on. Glad it's almost Friday. Sad for Dar, will miss her and GI for the week. Hope buggies in backyard are gone, wish M would wake the **** up, no bionic arm yet.

Hope your week has gone well, world! Look out for buggies....

Hugs, Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 6/15/2006 09:57:00 PM, Blogger saby said…

    the only ting i cud relate to here is u have lost weight


    wud u give it to me?
    i am skinny as hell

    God above sure messed up creation
    i sure wish He had intelligent designers

     
  • At 6/15/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Gladly, saby, Heaven knows I sure don't need it!!

    God doesn't make mistakes!!!

     
  • At 6/16/2006 08:31:00 AM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Intelligent design indeed! Google "pastafarianism" if you want a great view on alternative religion! It is hilarious!
    Bridg, just glad you got a handle on the buggies! And I thought MY boss was whacked...lol. I work for Chris as my first level supervisor - I am the FNG! (Fucking New Guy) even though I've been there over two years - he has seniority! But at least he's cool and humble about it!
    Congrats on the weight loss, when people notice it. it's real and that is a great motivator and feel good boost!
    Take care!

    Perry

     
  • At 6/16/2006 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Wow Perry what a cool job. I didn't know that new guys got to do stuff like that...lol.

    Thanks for the congrats, am trying not to celebrate by eating (ha ha ha).

    Today the boss was even more out of it. I swear something's going on...

    Will check out that alternative religion thingie, hope it has nothing to do with ants...

     
  • At 6/16/2006 06:39:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    It's a bad year for ants here too. I bought some spray from Canadian Tire but haven't lifted it out of my car yet. Maybe tomorrow. I can't remember what it cost but it wasn't $200.
    Way to go on the weight even if it only seems to be gone. I would probably lose weight too if I gave up chips and beer and stuff like that.

     
  • At 6/16/2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jeannie, TY!! The neighbors told me that they're overrun with ants too.

    Chips and beer, oh man!!! Used to live on chips and dip for dinner. This diabetes medicine has done something to my brain, am afraid to eat that stuff now (the repercussions are FIERCE!!!!). Miss the old days...sigh.

    Will wander out to the old ant palace tomorrow..if it isn't as hot out as it was today....

     
  • At 6/17/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Maybe M will get his head out of his ass soon.

    Ants are always fun to get rid of. Now that you know what they are, I say head to the hardware store and buy your own poison :)

     
  • At 6/18/2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    DAMN!!!
    We could have got rid of those bugs AND had a hell of a party for that kind of money.

    .5 gal gasoline $1.75 CAN
    Airfare for friend $400 US
    Party + getting rid of ants=priceless

     
  • At 6/19/2006 06:48:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ YIKES having that stuff around would scare the daylights out of me (researched it when was just out of university). Like Tshsmom's solution...

    Tshsmom, WHAT AN IDEA!!! Next time let's do it!!!! Yeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home