Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dock of the Bay

Love Otis Redding, gone way too soon.

Hi world! This Saturday's dawning bright. Fell asleep instead of posting last night...very sorry. Yesterday was great too. M's boss is happy (very) with how work is progressing. M said that the confidence has been completely restored. I said wait a minute, let's not go THAT far (i.e. don't get cocky). Only takes a second's thoughtless to lose that. But things did go quite well. Has taken months to fix past blunder working our (my) butt off.

Got home at 5:00, killed time till 6:20, had bank appointment at 6:30, or so I thought. Turns out it was 6:00 but they waited for me argh. Took less then 10 seconds (three signatures). Boy did I feel stupid killing time when could have been there much sooner. Oh well, it was Friday what can I say. Went home, had dinner, woke up very late and went to bed.

Ta da! Not much to report folks, sorry about that.

But do have a question for you in a wondering kind of way.

Dar and I were talking about wacko parents. I had one, GI has one--I mean emotionally abusive ones right from hell, off the scale never-should-be-near-living-things types. Yet we're fairly normal people.

That made me wonder about comfort processes. Mine were other people. I sought out other people who WERE normal and hung out with them. Was very happy/grateful for every second spent outside of that house. Lived in music, creative writing, reading. And hung out with music types (no not druggie music types, just garage band types). GI's coping method was just shutting his abusive parent type out, studing (obviously successfully) and making many friendships (all steady good ones) and focusing on what I'd call athletics at the time (racing bikes).

Now I don't have to cope with that parent anymore, but there are still things I do to relax. TV being a big one, blogging another. But there are smaller, closer-to-the-heart ones. Petting The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe, that first cup of coffee on a weekend morning, reading newspapers on weekend mornings, pizza (sorry Scrunchie), talking to Mom, Peggy, GI, Dar, or Pauly/Scott/Marc/M, music, and movies when they can be squeezed into the schedule.

Do you have any? What are they? Just curious.

Happy Saturday, all, it looks like a gorgeous one out there!!

Love, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 6/24/2006 04:30:00 PM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Hmmm, comfort!

    Food tops my list!

    Coffee is a major food group. I belong to another 12 step group I just started, "Starbucks Addicts Anonymous".

    Ice cream. Oh my God, butter pecan - highest fat of any Blue Bell flavor, but worth every bite! Saved for times I'm afraid...like lately!

    Lasagna. Enough said.

    Little chocolate donuts (cold) and ice cold milk...for sad times!

    Diet Coke with ANYTHING, ironically much better with really high fat foods. Used with any excuse. Ok, hell, I don't even NEED a fucking excuse anymore!

    Good idea Bridg, will be interested in seeing what others think!

     
  • At 6/24/2006 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Galiano said…

    finding comfort in a loved ones arms. Good memories. Quiet fields. Hearing the rain on the tin roof.

     
  • At 6/24/2006 06:22:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    My coping deals with reading blogs, watching my bird friends, listening to music, being creative and reading books (need to do this much more than I do). TV is a great background noise maker.

     
  • At 6/24/2006 08:27:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    I listen to music alot (surprise surprise Bridg) and read alot and I go for very long walks
    Usually on a beach, but will walk just about anywhere and I quite often forget time altogether whilst doing this. A great way to let the mind empty of EVERYTHING!
    I blog, look at Art-visit galleries, and spend time with friends.
    (Plus I look at the gorgeous male eye-candy on the Book Bitches Blog and generally drool myself cross-eyed for a few hours afterwards!) Lol

     
  • At 6/24/2006 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey all, these are FANTASTIC!!!!!

    Txdad, butter pecan is my fave ice cream flavour too.

    Galiano--welcome to the funny farm. and the rain on the tin roof sounds so DAMN good. You're lucky.


    DMJ of course--contemplative and creative!! I bet you have lots of bird visitors with those new feeders too.

    Aggie, am so jealous that you're near a beach. Even after over 30 years living in this city, desperately miss the ocean. Thanks for the tip about BBB!!!

     
  • At 6/25/2006 03:53:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    My ways of coping are my canoe, my blog, food, beer, and never letting anyone get too close.

     
  • At 6/25/2006 04:27:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    GWB, Great list!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home