Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Did It In A Minute

Because that is how long this post took to write!

Hope you are well and good world?

Sorry didn't post last night, Sympatico was having issues in my end of town.

Have physio tonight, didn't go Monday night. Really wrecked arm moving from palatial office to now disinfected cube. Cube is nice and quiet. Peaceful away from IT party guys. Unfortunately now they've hooked up the phone.

M is screwing up royally. Have no idea what is going on (or not) in that man's mind. Have done tons of work and it's just sitting on his desk no matter how much I brief, prompt or nag. With all the deadlines coming up, am really quite concerned/scared ****less. My head is riding on this also and he basically got us kicked out of the last place. Oh well, am pretty much in a packing mode now anyway. But sheesh. Guess I've learned my lesson about getting that guy jobs. Maybe too late.

Pest control guys did not show up for the third day in a row. May be mistaken but could swear saw tiny barbecues and tiki torches on that sand pile tonight. Called pest control company and complained.

Sis, Mom and Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe all well and happy.

OK time to go to physio. More pain!! Can't get enough :))!!!

Take care world! Help Bridg, stomp on a bug today!!! Tee hee hee!!

Hugs, Bridg

UPDATE!

Physio opinion: Wrecked the arm so bad in the office move that have to take a 1 week break from physio. Ice arm and gently work it.

While I was at physio, burglar alarm at house went off, apparently for no reason. Burglar alarm folks called Sis (who doesn't live near my house), who called Mom, who then called Boy Wonder. Police had already showed up, were joined by BW, could find no evidence of intrusion. Sis called when I got home (8:30) to tell me about the excitement that I missed and the bill I'm likely to get for the false alarm. Called alarm folks to find out why the spontaneous alarm. They'd all gone home at 8:30. Nice work if you can get it. Will call again tomorrow a.m. Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe seemed quite unperturbed by it all. Think that's a cat requirement. Being cool, I mean. Nephew suggested calling them and reading them the riot act, said that 'it's in my genes' to do that. Reminded him that we also have 'nice' genes in the family and that I take after that side. Cracked him up. I like that kid. His bro's OK too.

The bug guys who didn't show went home early too. Will also call THEM tomorrow a.m.

Some days it's better just to stay home, huh world?

Everything that happened/didn't today happened when I wasn't there. Hmmmmm.

Have a great rest-of-the-evening!

Bridg the cool.

12 Comments:

  • At 6/14/2006 07:34:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Ever thought of cutting your ties with M? He seems to be a roller coaster. Just a thought.

     
  • At 6/14/2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jack, in the work sense, way ahead of you there. He's dangerous because he's so self-involved to the exclusion of everything and everyone else. As a friend, that isn't necessarily dangerous. As a boss, it can be fatal. Sh*t, it HAS been fatal to both of us once, and I'm afraid it's going to be a second time. He can afford that, I can't. Wish I could say that those words are overly dramatic but they aren't. Those antics of M's cost Pauly a year of his pension, and almost cost another person her job (not that this person really should be working in that job, but that's another issue). Both of those exercises would have taken me a few weeks to do. M had a year to do them and didn't.

    In the current job, have distanced myself considerably from M but it's probably too late. Think that the big boss is so steamed at M's lack of performance...I am likely in the same kettle of fish (to mix a few metaphors). Fortunately I was on the job for five months prior to M, working pretty closely with the Big Guy, so my quality's known.

    Just can't help wondering what the h*ll is going on in M's head...

    Ooops.

     
  • At 6/15/2006 12:12:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    I don't wanna think about what the sand-creature thingies are BBQ'ing, but hopefully it's not the neighbors. Better tell the bug guys to bring the 55 gallon Raid can!

     
  • At 6/15/2006 01:14:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    off topic...I've posted part two of the milk story, if you wanna see how it ends....

     
  • At 6/15/2006 04:50:00 AM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Sounds like there's loads of bugs over your way Bridg.
    Not all of 'em are of the insect type either from the sounds.
    It all seems very alarmist! &
    warning bells are going off all over the place.
    Fargin iceholes! Bastages!

     
  • At 6/15/2006 07:05:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ROFL Aggs, good one!!! And you're darn right too!

    Scrunchie, definitely the 55 pounder of Raid! I think those buggies are drinkers more than eaters but heaven knows what's on the barbie. Will visit tonight re the milk story part deux...

     
  • At 6/15/2006 08:13:00 AM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    Hmmm, the title of the post had me thinking of sex...again. Damn! Will the madness ever stop!! I blame Aggs for starting all this!!! :O)

     
  • At 6/15/2006 03:27:00 PM, Blogger SME said…

    The arm and the bugs and the work situation all sound pretty nasty, but we all know you can get through it. ;) If all else fails and the stress is too much, just put on a pair of huge boots and sqash some buggies! Relaxing, productive, and doesn't require the use of your arm.

     
  • At 6/15/2006 06:47:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Definitely distance yourself from M's work. I hope you can get your work done without him. A lot of people aren't self-motivated enough to ever achieve boss status. Sounds like M is one of them. :(

     
  • At 6/15/2006 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Bridg: Take that sore arm off to the local Spa and give it a good hot soak. I recommend it.

    txdad58: If you only last a minute ...
    please don't blame me! LOL!

     
  • At 6/15/2006 09:06:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Txdad, a minute? Yikes!! Don't blame Aggie for that!!!

    SME bless you heart what a great solution. You're absolutely right! Thank you!!

    Tshsmom, you're right too (like daughter like mom!) I have been doing the work without the man, sigh. Also right about him and bosship!

    Aggie, have never been to a spa and sure would love it. Will definitely give it a try!

     
  • At 6/16/2006 12:35:00 AM, Blogger txdad58 said…

    HEY!!! A minute, yes ladies...but I didn't say how MANY times, right!!
    ;O)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home