Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cry

"You make me wanna ....crrrryyyy".

Hey world how are you!?

No it was a great day, don't worry. Well till I got home but it turned out fine in the end and it only took a few minutes to fix.

Found an invoice for a false alarm from the police and an SECOND invoice (from the police also) to register with them ...something about the security system. Sounds fishy to me --isn't it their job to answer alarms?--but what the hell. Also got $300 worth of prescription meds, no reimbursement yet from drug plan for previous prescriptions (they owe me close to $2000 how the HECK does everyone ELSE manage this stuff?).

Then I made the mistake of checking my bank account. Why I don't know, since I'm the most fiscally irresponsible person I know...but noticed that my checking account looked frozen. This is alarming considering that all my big bills come in at the start of the month and there's almost zip in it. Found out that the bank had made a big mistake in setting up access to what could and could not be transferred in and out of that account. Fixed it over the phone in a matter of minutes with a very calm man. Told him that he's in my will, bless him.

Work is going really really well despite the (non-) efforts of the World's Worst Consultant. Am starting on a new study with a good colleague that I worked with 6 years ago (cool or what) AND M in an interesting area. Stupid deadline, as usual.

Shoulder is a pain in the butt (pun deliberate) but the constant Tylenol helps. Am slightly buzzed. M keeps making the mistake of booking me into 2 and 3 hour meetings. By the end of them I start making stupid puns and jokes. That's his signal to wrap it up because I get worse as time wears on. Nothing much shuts me up. Actually it isn't the Tylenol, I'm like that all the time. Oh well. Hate long meetings, they're actually disrespectful (assume that you have nothing else to do).

Once again, weather guys predicted rain, it's sunny and hot. Thanks guys! Keep up the good work.

They arrested the idiot who admitted premeditatedly killing Jennifer Teague. What kind of *sshole does stuff like that? They found him walking naked down a very long road in west Ottawa (Fallowfield) under the influence of hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Can't say enough bad stuff about this so won't say any more.

OK off to make dinner. Sorry I brought that last bit up.

Have a good evening, world....stay safe...Bridg

9 Comments:

  • At 6/28/2006 09:17:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    How do the police "know" that it is a false alarm? Couldn't the "thief" have left? Hummm.

     
  • At 6/28/2006 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jack, that is PRECISELY what I thought! This is probably like photo radar--a money maker....

     
  • At 6/28/2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    At least they caught the bad guy- hope your arm is better soon. We have hail here.

     
  • At 6/28/2006 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jeannie, right very glad that they did too. Does feel safer with the whacko behind bars. Thanks for the good wishes...the Tylenol is a Godsend. Loving it and can't wait for the acupuncture tomorrow....Hail?? holy crabfish what's next???

     
  • At 6/29/2006 02:33:00 AM, Blogger SME said…

    It sure is sad, but I'm glad you mentioned they found the Teague guy - I didn't know. I don't care how high he might have been, how bad his childhood was, or whatever: I hope he dies in a concrete bedroom.
    I don't get the false alarm thing at all!! Like Jack said, how on earth could they know what happened before they got there? Even if it actually was a false alarm, how could they prove it?

     
  • At 6/29/2006 05:26:00 AM, Blogger saby said…

    heyyy Bridg

    beeg boobs and beeg font turn me on
    its painful to read wat u rite

    wud u mind increasing the font size
    just kidding about the boobs

    saby

     
  • At 6/29/2006 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Aggie said…

    Send it back with a reciprocal bill for "wasting Bridget Jones precious time" and make it for the same amount as their bill. I did this with a bank once, who dared charge me $30 to fix up an error that THEY made and which took me hours of my time to get it fixed. It was worth it, they reversed the bill.

     
  • At 6/29/2006 08:34:00 AM, Blogger lime said…

    yikes. glad to hear your bank problem was easy to fix. re: drugs costs....don't even strat me down that road....

     
  • At 6/29/2006 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    SME feel the exact same way you do about both issues. Nothing 'justifies' or rationalizes murder. Just doesn't. And the alarm thing--that's what it's FOR!!!!

    Sheesh how did they know it didn't scare someone off??

    Saby...here is bigger font.

    Aggs glad that approach works. If it wasn't the cops, I'd try that. Cops kinda intimidate me....Banks on the other hand...grrrrr thanks for the idea *wicked grin*

    Lime lol I forgot you must have had one HELL of a trip down that road!!! How ridiculous and exactly who is making the money here?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home