Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

What The Man Said

OK Hola world BOY did I miss you MWAH!!!

Firsties, it is nowhere NEAR as bad as I thought it was.

Well, it sure sounded bad (work). But I busted my butt making up for M's screw ups and today it all came through. In a good way, I mean.

Things are fine and dandy. Still employed. Good news (for Visa) financially. Mentally, well.....

Still can't tell you where I work, world, but will put it this way. If M's boss doesn't get down in the weeds details (which M thinks is micro manging), people die. A LOT of people die. Well, they can/could die, anyway. I pointed that out to him today, in front of the kids. The sad part is that the kids already knew it and were giving him little evil looks like "smarten up, idiot". But it was all good in the end. M's boss is happy, kids are thrilled that things are stable and that they know what's going on. I am happy but gave M the height of crap for days, M is happy that things are finally cleared up, I am relieved (but mad at both of them for not managing and mad at me for letting them do that to me). Told M that I'm mad at him for doing this to me, and that he has to manage from now on.

My buds are the best. Pauly only you know how much I love you. S you are better looking, smarter than Keanu Reeves and such a good pal. Geo who knew how good a bud you are. And GI what a stalwart you are and Dar too. Words fail me. Don't know what I did to deserve any of you, let alone all of you but whatever it was, I want to pass the blessings on.It's humbling. Most of all Mom for listening to me rant. I.love.you.all.to.bits. If I could die now would die very very happy. Oh yah I forgot. Right after I got yelled at--OK it wasn't yelling, I got sort of verbally b*tch slapped by M's boss. It wasn't fair, according to my shrink but was pretty effective. Had an appointment with her by co-incidence--she wanted to check my meds ROFL--half an hour after the verbal slapping. Burst into tears. She said she'd never seen me so bad (have been going there since 1990. Told me to take a month off.

OK this is bad. All the work is due in 6 weeks and it's never been done as far as I know in the history of our field, and we have a world class bad person doing one of these studies. And two great but new kids to do the work. And M, who really can't do this work. And two senior managers (see below) who HAVE to be in the weeds. And I'm gonna take off for a month????? And do what? Cry about my sister? Yah right. So it's lose or lose more. Either way I not only get screwed, I hurt people I care deeply about.

Called Pauly, who advised me to take a deep breath, see what happens the next few days. He makes infinite sense. Plus Pauly and D, a world famous consultant, think the world of the guy who bitch-slapped me. I do too. Just can't put these things together. So dragged my butt in there. Also talked to GI (think he called me to see what my shrink said about the Cushing's, which that day I called Crushing's by mistake. She concurred with his diagnosis pending the test data. He was delighted but horrified about the verbal slapping. Yet the talk we had and the Pauly talk did me a world of good). So went into work, determined to get this crap into order or die. Got it into order. Gave M marching orders. The kids were relieved and frankly things were pretty much under control among us, it was M and his boss who weren't talking to each other. This is my fault? No. So I get yelled at? Sh*t, I can't do EVERYONE'S job, but....oh well. Enough said. I set up meetings, gave M his marching orders. He took it well, we got things in order, ta da, everyone's happy and we''re on track.

Now.

Have been nauseated for days. Surprised? No.


Had to get in someone to fix the water heater (as you know), then a plumber to fix the pipe that leaked onto their precious water heater, then someone to fix the cables that run the phones and the computer (no computer for about a week ARGH), taking the cat to the vet, physiotherapy for whatever I did to my wrist and rotator cuff, GI coming here on Saturday (my pjs make me look even MORE like a cow than normal), and on it goes. Oh yah us singles have absolutely nothing to do. I mentioned Cushing's, right? My shrink concurs with GI. Am waiting for the test results to prove it. My 'normal' GP only ordered half of the tests he should have according to GI and my heart doctor/endochrinologist/superdoc. I could strangle that guy (the 'normal' GP). We'll get the REST of the tests he SHOULD have ordered when the first one comes back. The one he did order measures cortisol. A stress hormone. I took that test the night after I found out about my sister's melanoma. Geez wonder how THAT'll turn out.

Found out that I've lost 15 (OK 15 +) pounds. Also that I'm diabetic. Ewwwwwww. Blood sugar went from 3 to 6.7 in six months. Not.fair. Was a bit ticked about that because have been eating well for years. Turns out that what you eat has zip to do with this kind of diabetes. Has to do with my starve and eat thing (anorexic twice). Sigh. And genes. Always with the genes. Big deal, onto the next disaster. Anyone want a slightly used bod? Didn't think so.

Speaking of that, The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is getting her teeth done tonight. I'm here by myself and very very lonely. And worried. Hope that it's just her teeth but the way that things have been going for me lately am dreading a call from the vet. Lost her sister only a few years ago dammit. Am NOT ready to lose this one. She started licking her food. If you saw the size of this cat, you'd know that something's not right with that! Has tartar too. So....they get to do her teeth. They love her at that place, and it's where she came from as a tiny little kid (OK kitten).

Just finished doing work of not too swift consultant (went to high school with him). It's very odd how people from that long ago are starting to reappear. Maybe that's the wrong word. Comforting in a way to a kid who moved 13 times in 16 years and hated it. Isn't it amazing how many great people there are in the world?

OK off to bed. Sorry about the rant....love you all to bits.

MWAH!!!!

Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 5/12/2006 07:24:00 AM, Blogger flea said…

    wow that was quite the whirlwind of info, no wonder you've been feeling overwhelmed and all that jazz!

    geesh!

    hope you chill out and relax over the weekend

     
  • At 5/12/2006 05:55:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    that's a lot of stuff to deal with! Most of it is why I rarely go to the doctor. I'm a firm believer of "ignore it and it will go away". I may die very young.

     
  • At 5/12/2006 06:55:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I have a 50% chance of getting diabetes; my Dad is diabetic. :(
    You have NO IDEA how tired I am of doing other people's work and covering their asses!! I could rant right along with you on this.

     
  • At 5/12/2006 07:15:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    Holy shit, just READING about your life this week has left me exhausted! Can't imagine actually LIVING it! You, dearest, MUST start taking better care.

     
  • At 5/12/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    jeannie and I think so much alike!

     
  • At 5/12/2006 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Guys/Ladies, I do love you all so much. Sorry I have not been able to visit you but will very soon. As the post said, just got my beloved computer back a day or two ago and am still learning Sympatico. Why don't they have bookmarks marked bookmarks (where do they hide?).

    Hey guess who's coming for another visit tomorrow? Yep. Am still cleaning.

    And Dar, his gorgeous funny and I love her too wife is coming the weekend after that.

    This place has never been cleaner. It still looks filthy.

    I'd be depressed if I had the energy. I'd invite you all to see it but then I'd have to clean even more.

    Half of Ottawa has heard this story by now. Am.not.kidding. And they're asking what happened too.

    Tshsmom, Let's buy whiffle bats and just leave them in our offices. Seriously.

    GWB I need a hug. Really.

     
  • At 5/12/2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Flea I would love to follow your advice..however he's paying a return visit. Promise to relax after tho....

    Jeannie you and me both. Those m.d. guys (except GI) will getcha every time. Have decided to not pay attentio George Clooney guy. It's 11:42, am exhausted and seriously cnsidering beer. Nah...sleep's probably better.....

     
  • At 5/12/2006 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    psps Jeannie, GWB, etc. you guys are not allowed to die young, so there.

    All you guys doing sixty in the passing line? The above comment does not apply to you.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home