Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Walkin' On Sunshine

Hola world, tho in Ottawa there's isn't much sun literally this past week!

My dear friends just left and I miss them already. They are the best company, and I don't like company usually. They are the same about visiting, I think. We had the best visit. Dar is just as great, if not better, in person than on the phone. I.love.that.lady. She and GI are definitely a real, terrific couple (not one of those fake ones)--they even tap their feet together! It is the sweetest thing. I love the way that they lean in towards each other and they don't even know that they do it. And the way that they shared food at the restaurant. Sigh. Too bad that more people aren't like that.....but it's enough that these two are.

Love talking with these guys. Love BEING with these guys. It was just heaven. And The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe? That little (umm) character! All over GI. I mean ALLLLL over the man. Petting his leg! Purring at him!! It was unbelievable. She doesn't treat ME anywhere near that well. Kinda cute....she got worried when Dar left the room to take a shower. Followed her with her eyes and you could see that Smokey was considering following poor Dar into the bathroom...I really do not entertain so she was kind of puzzled at first I guess. But boy she adapted fast!

They loved the house, liked the bed...even liked the car. I love them. Am just so happy that everything went well and want them back really soon. They are just such terrific people. Want nothing but the best for them and am so grateful and happy that they're in my life. And Dar!! We both (actually all three) love shopping! Have the same attitude towards money, life and people! Same sense of humor! And family/friends. It is fabulous being around other people who finally get it/me. Like living with ohhh say Latvians all my life, and finally meeting people who speak my language! Nice ones!! WOW!!

OK must be gushing/blithering. Am just so happy.

Off to nap. Sorry if this is boring...just wanted to keep you up to speed, world.

Bridg (in heaven)

UPDATE

Took Mom out to Swiss Chalet for dinner. Needless to say neither of us had a drink (ha ha ha) but dinner was healthy and lovely. Mom said that The Other One (formerly known as Sis) told her that she and Boy Wonder (The former Bro) were ganging up against me. Bless her, even with her failing memory, Mom said, wait a minute. This new partner of yours (Boy Wonder) against your sister? I have some news for you about him. When you (the former Sis) were going to lend me (Mom) money to buy a condominium, Boy Wonder insisted that I get this in writing because he didn't trust you to be honest about it once I died. She (the former Sis) was astonished and horrified. Dumbstruck.

Kind of reminds me of that song, The Snake, that came out in the 1960's: "...oh shut up, pretty woman, hissed the snake with a vicious grin. You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in".

Be that as it may--they can sort it out amongst themselves. Might take years, who cares--not my problem anymore.

Brought Mom up to speed re my will. Am getting a proper one done on Wednesday with GI and Jery being my two power of attorney types. If Mom does not outlive me, all my assets are going to the nephews/niece through them (some assets to GI/Dar and Jer, as well as Peggy, Doris, Pauly and M). Mom was quite happy with all that. No muss, no fuss, no fighting--the fighting types are out of the picture and it's all legal and above board. This lawyer is one who specializes in Canada-U.S. stuff. Not that any is necessarily involved. *sigh of relief*.

OK time for brekkie.

Love ya, world!

Hugs, Bridg

13 Comments:

  • At 5/21/2006 03:50:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Let me guess...It went well :)

    Like any of us had any doubts.

     
  • At 5/21/2006 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ it was a slice of heaven. I love those two. And you for having faith.

    *deep grin, deep sigh*

    Even if nothing else ever goes right for the rest of my life, this was worth it.

    Can you believe it, the sun's finally shining out here in O-town? literally?

     
  • At 5/21/2006 05:46:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    I'm so happy all went great. The weather has definitely been miserable. My dandelions are very healthy too. Can you believe the cold and wind today? (I'm assuming you have this crap too even if you are quite a distance away)

     
  • At 5/21/2006 08:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jeannie, it is pure November here. Even I am cold, and I'm never cold. Sheesh.

     
  • At 5/21/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    Wow.. I don't think anybody has ever reacted that way after one of MY visists. I think I am jealous.

    BTW, have Ottawans put away the sackcloth and ashes yet. Another city feels the pain of Dominick Hasek's delicate groin! As a Wings Fan, all I can say is been there, done that!

     
  • At 5/22/2006 04:51:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    GWB, you have to love Melnyk's reaction--we have the team (to win) and he's not going to give anyone the boot.

    That man has more class that the entire city does, collectively. Wow.

    And I bet people DO react with just as much enthusiasm to your visits!

    Hugs, Bridg

     
  • At 5/22/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    "...oh shut up, pretty woman, hissed the snake with a vicious grin. You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in".

    Snake: "Took me in though, dincha?" (evil chuckle...)

     
  • At 5/22/2006 03:08:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Sounds like quite a successful weekend. Great company AND Mom is still in your court.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 03:47:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey guys...so you remember that song? Sheesh who'd a guessed you're older than dirt too (ROFL)!!

    Wish it was as simple as sides here but oh well. I think Mom's relieved that I'm (to quote tshsmom) not playing the angry game. That poor lady. All she wants is peace in her remaining years--leave it to these two not to be able to see past their own egos.

    Oops there I go again. Caring/Being nuts/a control freak.

    Tee hee hee.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Vest said…

    Ah well, seems like happy days again, with no mention of aches or pains.
    Couldn't get a word in yesterday.
    Spent most of my time sitting right where I am now, three of Rosemary's local lady friends called in for tea and bikkies and a half bot of JW. I simply stand clear and say nothing during these rituals.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Vest, what are bikkies?

    Hey if you want to hear about aches and pains....;) nah...not worth it, it only magnifies everything lol!!!

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Vestie, for that matter, what's JW? Johnnie Walker?

    Hmmmm

     
  • At 5/29/2006 04:16:00 AM, Blogger Vest said…

    Bridget:Q, Bikkies, Ans, Cookies or Biscuits.
    J W ;Is in fact Johnnie Walker.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home