Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Up!

Gotta love Shania Twain, right world? We played a fair bit of her on Saturday.

The painter guys phoned this a.m. Guess what, they're coming to paint tomorrow. Well, they missed the boat for Dar's first visit (grrr) but well, it has to be done. They suggested placing The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe in the basement for the day. This.should.be fun, but will save me $$s not booking her into the vet's. I mean fairly significant savings ($15+ per day, plus begging and pleading for them to take her in the first place, having her complain and pee all the way there--20-30 minute drive, plus being late for work on a very busy week, etc.). OK let's go. Still, she ain't gonna like this.

I only have one key for the place, which I will have to leave with them. They promised not to leave the house, not even for lunch. Am worried but what are my options? Oh well, as long as the cat doesn't escape. So spent the day today taking things down off of the walls, putting away breakables (like I did for Molly Maids). The painters are moving the furniture around. Paid a lot extra for this but no way am I doing it (think bookcases, lotsa books, very full filing cabinet, etc.). Hope the colors I picked look OK.

Got the mail/bills/banking done today too. Gotta love a long weekend. Some day, actually relaxing would be nice. This singles lifestyle is killing me (nudge wink). So what did YOU guys do??

The Bell Sympatico (satellite) machine called my answering machine on Friday night to confirm the appointment to repair whatever killed my TV. The appointment is for tomorrow. The two machines got into an argument. It's really funny to hear the Bell machine asking my answering machine "are you still there? Please pick an option". Then it called back again and went through the same routine. Think I'd better call them tomorrow. Have not had TV for a week. Thank heavens I have DVDs. Adding insult to injury, got a bill from Sympatico, even though the first three months are supposed to be free and I haven't had TV for a week. Will definitely be giving them some umm feedback tomorrow about that.

Wonder if things are ever going to go smoothly again? Probably. Just not now! For the next few weeks, am doing almost nothing but interviews with a rather hapless consultant. Not happy about this at all, but hey. It's a distraction from the family front. At least the house will look nice.

Good thing they finally fixed my meds, huh?

Rolling on floor laughing...

Happy holiday, all!!!

Hugs, Bridg

13 Comments:

  • At 5/22/2006 07:34:00 PM, Blogger starbender said…

    WoW hon, U R sooo busy!
    It is a job gettin the house painted. I know, I've owned
    a couple of painting businesses
    myself! Hopefully, everything
    will run smooth 4 ya!
    :)

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:00:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Starbender i SOOOO wish you lived nearby, I could make you a fortune!!!

    Me too re smoothly. Have my doubts but hey, anything's better than the original 20 year old paint (which suddenly got to me 2 weeks ago)!!

    lol....thanks for the good wishes, my friend...

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:11:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    You know, they make these stores that are allowed to make, now get this, copies of keys...

    ((couldn't resist :) ))

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, you darling, ummm man...I am such a girl.

    Plus none of the aforementioned stores are opened on Victoria Day weekend. I checked.

    sigh.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    "Wonder if things are ever going to go smoothly again?" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Sure thing Bridg. Let me know if that works out for you. It sure doesn't work here. ;)

     
  • At 5/22/2006 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom: dreamin'! I'm only, dreamin!!

    *mad shrill laughter......*

     
  • At 5/22/2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Gee Bridg - I'd have helped you paint! I don't like moving furniture and stuff but don't mind the painting part at all. I've painted both tanning salons since last summer which is like doing 2 houses. I have to do my house next but I'd like to find new furniture first. Unfortunately, I can't afford the furniture for a while - I may have to match furniture to paint...not good

     
  • At 5/22/2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Oh Jeannie do I hear you!! Just realized that the paint I chose for my bedroom doesn't/might not go with the drapes or bedspread. Damn.

    Never said I was smart.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 11:44:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    You need one of those answering machine messages that says:

    "This is the refrigerator speaking, the answering machine is broken. Please leave your message slowly and clearly, and I'll stick it myself with one those cute little magnets..."

     
  • At 5/23/2006 01:17:00 AM, Blogger essencege said…

    I was looking for something else when I found your blog.Anyway I found it very useful.You may visit my new Perfumes and Fragrances blog if you like.

     
  • At 5/23/2006 07:00:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Scrunch why didn't I think of that? Thank you!!

    Essencege, your comment only gets to stay because I'm not sure you're spam! TY!!

     
  • At 5/23/2006 07:13:00 PM, Blogger SME said…

    Painting, what a nightmare! I'm so reluctant to do that, I'm trying to love the color white so I can leave the walls just as they are...Best of luck with TMSCITU (the cat).

     
  • At 5/24/2006 05:09:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    SME so far so good....did manage to tolerate the white but all of a sudden, couldn't stand it...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home