Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just A Song Before I Go

Tonight's post is just a quickie, world. Left the house in trepidation--these were YOUNG folk I'd never met. Leaving the house unlocked with three young strangers....gives you a strange feeling. Thank heaven the contractor at work is such a screw up. Kept me hopping all day.

But when I got home, the Bell Sympatico guy was waiting for me! YAY didn't have to wait long. The problem was the trees in the park behind my garden yard were blocking the signal, so they just moved the dish up some more (higher on the roof). Problem solved. Then I got to look at the paint colors. WOW I done good! They're fantastic. About 2-3 more days' worth of work to be done tho. And some idiot left a window wide open One without a screen---, so now I"m hosting a JUNE BUG in here EWWWWWWW. Will make them (the painters) track it down and kill it since they let it in. GROSS.

Mom and her lady pals went to the theatre, loved it, had champagne. Love seeing them have fun. Sigh. Life can be good, even if June bugs are involved.

Night world, sleep meds are taking effect, Bridg is crashing. Just had to bring y'all up to speed.
Love you to bits (except you June bugs out there). MWAH!!

Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 5/24/2006 08:12:00 AM, Blogger Peter said…

    Sounds like a good day all round Bridg.

     
  • At 5/24/2006 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Hey Bridge,

    Making the blogrounds and catching up on your goings-on. Things seem to be trucking along just fine for you, and I'm glad to see that.

    June bugs - ha! You don't know EW until you've had bedbugs!

     
  • At 5/24/2006 03:30:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I never had a problem with Junebugs until I found out that CUTWORMS are baby Junebugs. Now I stomp every Junebug I see!

    I hope your're planning on posting some apres-paint pictures. I'm curious about your colors.

     
  • At 5/24/2006 04:28:00 PM, Blogger Poppy Cede said…

    Bridg, sorry you're being attacked by june bugs! They're so juicy and disgusting! Blech!

    What sleep pills are you taking? Prescription or OTC?

     
  • At 5/24/2006 08:45:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I would suggest that the Most Spoiled Cat in the Universe should take care of it for you, but then again, "Spoiled" tends to go against such activity.

     
  • At 5/25/2006 06:34:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi folks,

    Peter darn right yes a really good day all around but so very busy. Kept falling asleep and waking up not knowing what day it was.

    WC you win. BOY do you win.

    Tshsmom, they ARE? Cutworms turn into JBs? Aren't CWs the things that attack corn? Never did like corn because of that ewww. Will post pics of the paint jobs. Have to remember how to do that...

    PC, are prescription. Imovane 15 mg/day and topomax 200 mg/day. Delicious I mean effective. Good job too because now thanks to painters don't have curtains on windows but do have leaf-draped lights from front lawns shining through bedroom windows plus insomnia...argh. Thank heavens for pharmaceuticals.

    DMJ you said it. 'Spoiled' definitely says it all. That brat didn't even chase the mice that invaded the kitchen at one time. Think that she considered them to be small kittens. Sigh.

     
  • At 5/25/2006 06:40:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Bore worms get the corn. Cutworms chew all your newly planted tomato and pepper plants off at ground level. Bastards!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home