Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Love You (Molly Maids)

Molly Maids left an hour ago.

This place looks like a brand new house.

Cost $166. I gave them $200 and a bottle of wine. Seem to do that a lot these days (give away wine) but can't drink on the new meds anyway, the wine was here anyway, and they worked their hearts out. Plus have overdraft on my account.

My mother thinks I'm nuts. Probably am but am so damn grateful.

Am NEVER going through this (anxiety, cleaning) again. Will get someone to help once a month if I can afford it.

Three people came from MM and they kept asking "you only have ONE cat?". They used a lot of my cleaning stuff since it was better than theirs (yah too bad I didn't use it more huh?) In case you're curious, those Mr. Clean scuff pads? Work like magic. And Oxy Clean spray foam--comes in a purple pumpy thing...magic too. Don't bother with anything else. The MM ladies were amazed by the stuff.

Found spider webs all over the place. It's hard to gross out a biology major but I'm totally grossed out. My glasses must need fixing.

And am now relaxed for the first time since April 14.

Talked to GI this am (he called) and to his wife by e mail today. And Pauly today at work. Feeling really relieved. Got good work done (God only knows how) and someone told me that I really lost weight recently. I know I did, because have been having trouble eating (nerves) and clothes are looser.

Just spoke with M a few minutes ago and apologized for being a basket case and thanked him for being such a great friend. He said that it's ok and that a great many things were being resolved all at the same time for me. He's right. Like a cloudburst of good stuff. Wonder if it's the new meds?

Thank.You.God.

Have a three hour meeting starting at 9:00 tomorrow. Not looking forward to it (3 hours of anything, especially first thing in the morning is hard) but it will take my focus away from GI and M will be there. That is always fun. Plus M's boss is the best boss on the planet. He's fun, fair, knows what he's talking about, backs you up the hilt and is ethical which is rare. I love working for this guy. And he's very witty. Someday I"m going to get him cloned when he's not looking. Once I figure out how to do it.

Want to know how nervy the damn spiders are? Too bad, I'm going to tell ya anyway. Have one of those clear ball hall lights leading from the front door into the living room (it's a long hall). Right up against the ceiling. There were so many spiderwebs in it (it's a beige-y thing) that it looked like a boiled marble. EWWWWWW.

Sorry, I bet most of you just lost your lunch/dinner.

Bad Bridg! Bad bad Bridg (smack ouch!)

Nighty night world.....hugs....Bridg (the spider killer)

12 Comments:

  • At 5/02/2006 08:18:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    You know it sounds like you have finally gotten them ducks in a row. That is a tough gig to do, but I had faith.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 08:22:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ I am sending you the biggest smooch for saying that...MMMMMMWAH!!!

     
  • At 5/02/2006 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Vest said…

    We have several poisonous spiders in Australia two of which are potentially lethal, particularly the Funnel Web, and the Red Back, anti venom vacine is available provided you are within one hour of a hospital, it affects the frail and young sooner.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 08:39:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Vest, am REALLY glad I washed that light before reading your comment, and am even gladder that I live nowhere near those spiders you have there...ewwwwww (sorry world for that super girl-y ewwww)

     
  • At 5/02/2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Dear Bug-Murderer:

    Am glad that MM worked out for you; admit it, you gave them the good wine, didn't you?

     
  • At 5/02/2006 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Scrunchie, it was not Chateauneuf de pape, (don't have any yet) but it was darn nice. A vintage chablis bottled in chateau (French). I can read labels pretty well. That bottle I bought just for me.

    Had one bottle of St. Emilion but that one's for GI tomorrow. If he is OK with drinking....

     
  • At 5/02/2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    When I said just for me, I meant I like Chablis...not that I can drink an entire bottle at a sitting!!

     
  • At 5/02/2006 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    or for squishing spiders.....

     
  • At 5/02/2006 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5/03/2006 01:24:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Well, obviously you can't squish spiders with anything other than a decent Chablis..(or a beer can)

     
  • At 5/03/2006 06:19:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Ah beer! The beer in this place is no less than 2 years old. Now squishing bugs is about all that's good for. Maybe that's what the spiders are after in the first place?

    Sots!

     
  • At 5/03/2006 09:34:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Good thing they're gone...trust me, there's nothing worse than a houseful of drunken spiders, although it is kinda funny to do watch 'em try to dance...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home