Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Greatest Love Of All

(much as I am not fussy about Whitney Houston, love her voice--esp the ending of this song)

I believe the children are our are future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride
to make it easier
Let the children’s laughter
remind us how we used to be
Everybody searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone to fulfill my needs
A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

Chorus:
I decided long ago
never to walk in anyone’s shadows
If I fail,
if I succeed
At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can’t take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me

The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride
to make it easier
Let the children’s laughter
remind us how we used to be

Chorus

And if by chance
that special place
That you’ve been dreaming of
Leads you to a lonely place
Find your strength in love

Oh man, world.

Words fail me.

Incredible, touching reunion, and that's the understatement of the century.

There are a million definitions of the word 'love'. All of them fit this relationship. In all directions, in all elements of time. I would no more do anything to harm his marriage than I would cut off my own head. Neither would he. We love each other (the good way), we are dear friends, we cherish each other. I want him to be at ease at (his) home, and to think of me with a smile and love in his heart, not guilt.

That made things very easy.

The deepest friendship you can imagine.

The most meaningful type of love you can ever possibly think of (in my humble opinion). See above lyrics.

And I love his wife too. She thinks like me. Writes like me. Analyzes like me. Folks, you would love her too and I'm so damn happy that he has her. I'm so DAMN glad that after having those #$^^&& parents and even worse twin brother that he found a really pretty, smart, classy, what-else-can-I-say, wonderful woman to be married to. (can you believe it NOW I'm tearing up?). As far as I knew in 1971, he wanted to be a doctor like all get-out, had a sh*t-head twin and parents who treated them both like trained rats and favoured the sh*t-head. I was so damn scared for GI it wasn't funny. All I saw ahead for him was disaster. And here he is 35 years later, blooming. I'm so damn happy and proud and glad it isn't funny or natural. Know what I mean?

Hopefully I'll meet her soon.

At this very minute, I'm worried about him arriving home safely. After 35 years, just want him to get home safe and sound.

I know this story isn't sexy, but it's such a relief. You have no idea.

He's older, grey (but so nicely), a bit thinner. The same warm brown eyes, incredible smile. Marc led him into the office while I was on the phone. He was carrying the biggest bouquet of flowers I've ever seen. I whispered very quickly "oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, I'll call you back" to the man who would NOT stop talking to me on the phone and hung up.

He came around the desk and hugged me. For a long time. Marc went away, and I asked if he could close the door. Don't really remember a whole lot after that, except asking if he was disappointed (a shocked 'no'). No tears, lots of hand holding and talking for hours. My office door is never closed but it was today. Not because of untoward activities, just so that we could talk. It felt like days but was probably an hour and a half. We went to dinner, talked for hours. Then to my house, looked at photos, and he went home. He thought that the house was adorable. He did notice it was clean. I said that I'd told you guys that I'd bop him if he said that (but didn't).

I just wrote the longest e mail to his wife thanking her for allowing us to meet and inviting/begging her to come next time and to come soon. I really really really want to know this lady. GI married her, she is so very special to him (hey I've been e-chatting with her, she IS damn special), and knowing what I've gotten to know about her I really like her. This is a lifelong thing. If either of them needs a kidney, they can have mine.

GI said that it sounded like I'd had a lot of tragedy in my life, am I happy? Indecently so, even before I reconnected with him, I said. And that the losses were like the impact that fire has on steel. I'm not hard, it just made whatever is good inside me better. And burned out the bad stuff (ego, pride, that Pain In A** stuff). What I didn't realize at the time is that he'd gone through the exact same thing and didn't even know it. Those parents? That twin bro? And probably tons more that he hasn't talked about. It's in his eyes, to quote Phil Collins. In the past. He's still the same loving, kind soul he was in 1971. I'm just so freaking glad that he found another one to marry. Thank the Loving Lord for that. He's safe.

And now I'm waiting for him to call to let me know that he got home OK.

Does this sound anywhere near normal? I feel so damn blessed.

Bridg

Update: he's home, he's safe. He thanked me for the wonderful evening (DITTO big time!!). I asked if he could bring his wife next time soon please....i.e. before the Most Spoiled Cat In the Universe and her spider friends have a chance to mess it up again. He's checking it out.

Hope I can drop lots of weight by then....;)

Night world...billions of hugs and lotsa love....Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 5/03/2006 11:22:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    I'm.......speechless.

     
  • At 5/03/2006 11:53:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    is that good or bad?

     
  • At 5/04/2006 12:03:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    it's good...there's just no way I'm gonna inject any humor into that incredible post....touching, and well..just cool...

     
  • At 5/04/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Scrunch. Thinking good is easy and once that part's done, sticking to it gets easier (like dieting). GI's the only person I know who's a straighter shooter than I am (think pickle up butt with wicked sense of humor. Odd, but....). Bottom line was honoring everyone and ensuring a long term forever relationship thrives.

    OK in the short term that's giving up some quickie type thrills but also avoids the quickie guilts. Been there, done that, bought the T shirt and it sucks more than a Dyson Vacuum cleaner. Never again, thanks. Especially not involving this couple I love so dearly. This is a 'for keeps' thing. Wouldn't hurt him/them for the world.

    Damn here I am lecturing again AND repeating myself. Sorry.

    He did analyze what' wrong with arm ...Hard to do sans X rays but probably not healed and the shoulder thing is likely torn rotator cuff. Sentence: physio and anti-inflammatories (not advil in my case) for r cuff. the other? probably the pin thingie....

    Am just the pic of health.....

     
  • At 5/04/2006 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I'm so happy for you, Bridg! I'm glad it went so well for you and that the feelings it brought up were warm and positive. It shows your strength of character that you can be so happy for him and what he's achieved in life since your parting. Go you!

     
  • At 5/04/2006 07:44:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I'm with you Bridg! You wouldn't want to lose a beautiful friendship like that!
    And you didn't think he'd show up. ;)

     
  • At 5/07/2006 07:58:00 AM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    True friends always pick up where they left off despite the intercession of long amounts of time apart..

     
  • At 5/07/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC, tshsmom and jipzee, not sure why that is re instant no-time-past connection, but have found that to be true also with men and women friends. Like you guys, have been blessed. Not many of these around but have more than one.

    Thank.you.God. (repeat thousands of times).

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home