Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Drift Away

Oh world, I hope that your day was as great as mine was!

Weather wise it still sucks here (rained for about the third or fourth day in a row). Have not had TV for three or four days. There is something wrong with either my satellite dish or a connection somewhere, and I can't get a service person here till Tuesday night AND have GI and Dar here on Saturday-Sunday (but that's OK we're really not TV folks anyway--there will be WAY too much talking going on).

Have been working my tail off at work and the barriers continue to melt away like snow. M's boss is much more engaged through M, who is finally giving the man the treatment and respect he deserves. And the man is coming through with the class and creativity that continues to astonish...right when we need him. It.is.amazing. And humbling. This means that things are going well.

The kids are off getting trained. I can't wait to see them tomorrrow. In the meantime we're doing all kinds of work at all different levels but it's all great. M's boss is happy, I'm thrilled, M is gainfully employed and learning. He is no manager, I regretfully admit, but he's trying hard and things are moving. MUCHO faster than before. Thank you Up There.

Even got laundry done!

Watched Love Actually (since I don't have TV) for the four billionth time tonight. MAN I love that movie!!!! OK it's predictable and a typical date movie but who cares. GI looks a lot like Colin Firth (older version) but it's the whole romance of the movie...I just love that thing. And the women in it are so gorgeous too. Even the little kid (the one that sings). Holy crabfish what a movie. GI said that Dar is in love with Colin Firth, and I said "Well, she should! She married him". He expected her to laugh when he told her that but she agreed. I grinned when he told me that. Silly man doesn't know his own strengths. I'm so glad they have each other. They are just so right. Hard to explain this feeling, but do you know how often nice guys wind up with witchy females? Well, it didn't happen this time, and it makes my heart smile. Just grin from ear to ear.
This isn't a recent marriage either. 27 years. Have no right to be but am so proud of the two of them.

I.am.such.a.girl. Who knew?

OK OK enough gushing. Am playing "What About Bob" now for a change of pace. Will have to watch 'The Blues Brothers' to get completely back to normal. Or is that 'back to completely normal'? Or is there any such thing for Bridg? Who cares, it feels great.

Wishing you all the same lovely warm feeling I have tonight, world. Peace, love and content. No matter how bad things are, there's peace in there somewhere and I hope you feel it.

Love you all, Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2006 09:53:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    I personally loved 'the Blues Brothers'...didn't like 'What about Bob', but to be honest, I'm not much on Bill Murray...

    My favorite romance and comedy movies? "Sweet Home Alabama", "Little Black Book", "Must Love Dogs"....

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    I don't love a lot of movies. I enjoy them once. I find books are better to read again and again. There are a few movies though - K-pax for some obscure reason is magical. I used to love Heart and souls but only had it on VHS so it's gone. There could be a few more but I don't remember right now.

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I'm relieved to hear that you're at peace with yourself.
    WAY TO GO!

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Scrunch you da man (you and tshsmom are awesome!!!). What About Bob is a bit much. It finished while I was blogging lol. Sweet Home Alabama was cool too. Haven't seen the other two.

    Jeannie love books too but haven't had the time to read lately..Meant to see K-pax but never got to it. Shame about VHS. Got a combo DVD-VHS player in New York a few years ago. It was in a grocery store.

    Tshsmom, OH YAH, I think it was the doc's bill of health that did it. Plus my buds coming through like they did (and work being so busy). Man...I am so blessed. I love you guys.....has been a really freaky six weeks (I counted yesterday. Six weeks since I heard from GI--going from homebody boring to you've gotta be kidding me at work/family/home/health). Weird.

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:42:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Hummm, now I have a hunger for "Four Fried Chickens and a Coke"

     
  • At 5/18/2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, huh?

     
  • At 5/18/2006 11:25:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    "Gimme the beat, boys, to free my soul"...Thanks, Bridget, can't get it outa my mind now...


    "Little Black Book" isn't really a great romantic comedy, but Brittany Murphy just SHINES!..You gotta see "Must Love Dogs": great one liners!

     
  • At 5/19/2006 01:20:00 AM, Blogger snavy said…

    I love me some Colin Firth!! What about Bob was good but I really enjoyed Groundhog Day. I got you babe...

     
  • At 5/19/2006 06:39:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Scrunchie, now I know what to look for next --Must Love Dogs.

    Snavvlyn (you gorgeous thing you!), You're right. Groundhog Day was a riot. Great music too..And Andie McDowell. I liked him in Caddieshack too..

     
  • At 5/19/2006 06:40:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. folks, it's Friday and IT'S SUNNY YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST TIME IN A WEEK!!!!!!

     
  • At 5/20/2006 08:48:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, just got it. Four weddings and a funeral.

    Never said I was smart.

    Sheesh.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home