Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

Sorry have been away for a bit world.

Got a little older in the past few hours and days.

Just found out Sis has malignant melanoma.

About an hour ago.

What the hell does she think she's doing? She's got a partner, a kid and a fantastic new dream job. I'm sitting here with a cat (mind you a great one), no partner and just waiting to go. Shit. And SHE gets sick? Man. The f*ing nerve of some people's younger blonde sisters.

Also found out that (as you, my blogbuds, know) that I'm a good person. Found a long lost ex-bf and his wife and deeply adore both of them the right way if you know what I mean (no threesomes ha ha ha).

Shit am sitting here wanting to give someone a kidney and my sister, my one and only, up and gets a disease I can't donate a body part to.

Well, my aunt, one of THE best women on the planet, got this and survived. So did S The Stabber (the worse thing of the female gender infesting this poor planet). So if the two extremes can survive this, so can my darling little sister.

All of you take special care, OK? Especially GI and DI. Crap comes in threes.

love, Bridg

UPDATE

My uncle (husband of the aunt who had the malignant melanoma) is a retired doctor. Just spoke with the two of them. She's been fine for over a decade and a half. But this condition of course needs quick action. He confirmed that where Sis' tumor was doesn't have lymph nodes, contrary to what Sis said (good, they won't revoke my measly BSc). That is a good thing.

Have been up since 4:00. Busy but invigorating day.Talked to DI (as in GI) for over an hour. DAMN I like her so freaking much (return visits next Saturday and June 3!!!!). And did really good work if I do say so myself. M said that I'm indispensable (ha). All of us did miracles this week and today was the icing on a huge cake.

I want my sister to get better. And I love the world. Thank you, esp. DMJ and GWB for your good wishes...M.W.A.H.

Am keeping a weather eye out for those two other @#$% shoes.....

love y'all

Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 5/05/2006 08:34:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    Brig - So very sorry to hear about your sis. But it's not the untreatable disease it was a couple of decades ago.

    Have a friend from work who had it and was given 5 years. That was almost 25 years now. So don't even allow yourself to be discouraged. Your sister will feed off your positive vibes!

    And know I will be thinking of you!

    btw, my reply to your comment at WC"s was:
    I AM single... are you that crazy?

     
  • At 5/05/2006 08:39:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Wish your sister well. Hopefully they have caught it early. I will send good thoughts to the G(springish)N for a bit.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    GWB, in reverse order, yes, and you commented on another blog about alimony or something (bending over and....) that made me think that you were married....Thank you so very very very much for thinking of me and for your advice and info. I needed to see that so flipping much right now. My grandmother (paternal side) was supposed to die in 1954. She did die in 1998. Outlived her doctors.

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    DMJ, Thank you so very much..I do too. She has had this for years...hope it's a slow growth thing...

     
  • At 5/05/2006 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Peter said…

    Good wishes for your Sis Bridget, hope it all turns out well.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 11:28:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Shit am sitting here wanting to give someone a kidney and my sister, my one and only, goes and gets a disease I can't donate a body part to.

    Yeah, nothing anyone else could do for someone with skin cancer, except wish her well. :(

    She'll be in my prayers tonight. My father's best friend had it and they caught it in time. He's 100%, but paranoid about the sun now, as he should be.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 11:38:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    just want to add, we're all here for you...caring about your sister (and you).

     
  • At 5/06/2006 05:29:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Zomb thank you. I know your prayers are special. VERY glad about your dad's friend.

    How smart is my sis, making them take that damn thing out. They've been watching it for years. She just got fed up with it beign there.

    Thank you scrunchie. I need you guys' caring so much.

    Love you all to bits.

     
  • At 5/06/2006 01:58:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I've had 2 friends with skin cancer. They're both doing very well; one after 5 yrs, one after 2 yrs.
    Your family is always in my prayers Bridg!

     
  • At 5/06/2006 02:49:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Wish all the best for your sis Bridg. Scary times but she's lucky to have you there.

     
  • At 5/06/2006 04:11:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks tshsmom and jeannie. I'm as lucky as hell to have you guys too. Need ya'll I can tell you!!!!

    gazillions of hugs....Bridg

     
  • At 5/06/2006 04:11:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thank you Peter and DMJ...MWAH!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home