Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Disco Duck

Hi world, happy Sunday night!

Hope the day was as mellow and as beautiful where you were/are as it was here.

Did not get to the movies after all. Was too tired.

But did get gardening (some) done. Mosquitoes have lost their habitat. Discovered giant (well it seemed giant to me) anthill out there. After 14 years of no chemicals at all, broke down and put something on that anthill. It was about one foot (round) in diameter and 3 inches tall. Gross. What the heck are all the birds eating? I can tell you--seeds in the feeders next door and the peanut butter that I was feeding them. Well, if the stuff I put on there didn't work, it's boiling water tomorrow. Feel very guilty about the chemical already. Have never used anything, not even for weeds, since I moved in here until today.

Paint Team Leader came (at 4:00. That will teach me not to ask for a time) and put the mirrors up in both bedrooms. One of them almost killed both of us, but hey it's up. The curtain rod that I sorta pulled out of the wall (in the second bedroom)? He couldn't fix it, I have to get new anchors/screws for it. Fortunately my office is very close to a large hardware store. Am kind of reluctant to put art stuff back onto the walls, after all the fuss to get them painted. Used to see blank walls as a challenge. Now see it as $4200. ROFL (rolling on floor laughing).

He could not cash the money order I had drawn up (it was made to the parent company, needs to be made to his particular franchise for some reason), so I have to get a new one made up and I volunteered to do that tomorrow a.m. Sure hope that there are no interviews that I"m doing then. Don't think so. But there are so many that will go in first to check. Alzheimer's is a wonderful thing (grin). I'm sorry I joked about the guys' age, he was sooo helpful.

This is probably the first time in recent memory that my home life has been busier than work life and work life is hectic. Wonder if that means anything? Probably that have been dormant for a long time.

The Other One (formerly known as Sis) took Mom out to dinner last night and brought her flowers (and planted them) today. Good. Boy Wonder is due back next weekend (cue ominous music). Hence the title of this post. I intend to do a lot of ducking. Of phone calls, of you-name-it. Could get ugly, hope not.

The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe has disappeared. Is probably in the basement celebrating her ability to go down there once again now that the stairs are dry. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I want to come back as my cat.

Now onto laundry, then dinner.

Hope that you had a great weekend, world, and an easy, tranquil Monday.

Hugs and love ya, Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 5/29/2006 07:16:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    So how did the laundry go?

     
  • At 5/29/2006 08:44:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    well I hope your week of ducking goes well. Perhaps you could make a game of it to keep it from being stressful.

     
  • At 5/29/2006 09:47:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I'm with you on the lawn chemicals! We've always had a dog and kids in our yard, not to mention the birds...so no chemicals for us.
    My treatment for anthills has been to burn them out. I dig the hill to ground level, and light a fire on top...works every time. Unfortunately, they always appear elsewhere. :(
    We have a lot of long grass/mosquito habitat to get rid of. It was 96F all weekend; too hot for yard work!

     
  • At 5/29/2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    That's a tick off about the money order but at least they came back and hung the mirrors for you.

     
  • At 5/29/2006 06:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Chris, welcome to the funny farm! Laundry got done (ahem, last week's) I no longer stink in the clothes sense. No beer was consumed since it was too late :(

    Jeannie, ducking starts next weekend, with the return of Boy Wonder. Fortunately GI will be here YAY so won't have time to worry. Will try my level best to not think about it. His (BW's) birthday is June 17. Will leave present at Mom's, but one that I like too like movie tickets or something. Just in case.

    Tshsmom thanks for the cure. That sure would do it. Will give that a shot. They can mosey on over anywhere else.

    WC, the hanging of mirrors I helped with, and MAN it was nasty!! Didn't pay till the mirrors were done, but then they didn't ask till afterwards either.

    The money order was my idea in view of the cheque bouncing. Then noticed that the bank appeared to have cashed the thing twice. That's right, twice. Called them about it today.

    Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home