Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Black Velvet Band (round the throat!!)

Hey world!

Found out that my deposit check to the painting guys bounced! Did the bank tell me? No. Did the painting teenager (OK Paint Team Leader) tell me? Not until today. Holy jumping cows. Not happy. There are plenty of bucks there in another account. For some reason, this bank will NOT transfer from one to another automatically, they expect me to do that. As if I"m a responsible adult or something.

Idiots.

We (I and Paint Team Leader) are getting together tomorrow anyway for him to do the mirrors etc. and me to pay him, him to take away stuff, give me the key back. Flew over to the bank in a panic (prior to getting hair done) and got a money order for the whole amount.

Had he told me the final amount at that point? No sir, I had to guess. Guessed $500 short (he left me a message with the final amount well after the bank had closed for the weekend). S.H.I.T. Oh well, will withdraw it (the remainder) tomorrow.

Mom and I did brunch, and both of us got sick (me right away, Mom later on the way home from the grocery store). But we had a good time anyway, dumb as that sounds. One of my SILs spotted us in the restaurant, and it was lovely. Had not seen her in years! Literally years.

Spent a bunch on groceries. I am a proudly bad influence on Mom when it comes to groceries, but at least she eats what I tease her into buying (desserts and cookies). We're probably going to a movie tomorrow. This is to brainwash me into forgetting that I have to work with David on Monday (see previous post) and for Mom to get out and enjoy herself.

Got to bring Brenda (my hairdressing friend, you would love this lady, world, she is finestkind) up to speed on doings and to drive her home after work. She lives one street over from where I used to live when GI and I knew each other as teenagers. You would not believe the stuff she bought at a garage sale on the way to work. Among them--a big huge wooden bow tie that presumably would be mounted on a wall, but why anyone would do this is a mystery. It must have been four feet across. Very curvy. Very woody. Hmmm.

Jery dropped by this morning with a CD (M Knopfler-Emmy Lou Harris), bless him. I missed his birthday (he was in British Columbia but still) and HE brings ME a present???? It was lovely to see him and I gave him a key to the place (Power of Attorney stuff). I think he liked the paint work. He looked at the ceiling (which had been painted) and asked when they were going to paint it. Argh. But that did make me notice a flaw in what they'd done, which is good, because now they can fix it. Sigh, it never ends, does it. It was great to see him.

Am just getting home now. TV is working (that @#%^ satellite will drive me insane yet), heart rate is getting back to normal after the paint check thing, and guess it's time for dinner, the Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe has been fed and is begging for a tummy rub, Mom is OK and the sun's shining beautifully.

Time to go and cool my overheated panicky jets. Hope your day was lovely and sweet, world. Enjoy.....Hugs, Bridg (the very embarrassed non-banker)

8 Comments:

  • At 5/27/2006 10:25:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Yay! Back to normal.

     
  • At 5/27/2006 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ((((((((((hugging DMJ)))))))))))

    Yeppir but hope this bouncing checks thing doesn't turn into the norm!!!

     
  • At 5/28/2006 07:48:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Bridg, we DEFINITELY have to discuss a BUDGET for you!! ;)

     
  • At 5/28/2006 08:40:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, definitely, gladly. I have had what little wits I started with scared right outa me...

     
  • At 5/28/2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    It's probably a bi-polar issue.

     
  • At 5/28/2006 10:47:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    I don't even want to guess at what you had to pay to get the place painted if you were $500 off! You actually have the right to hold back a portion (10%) of contracted work for 60 days to make sure everything was done to your satisfaction. You might want to take advantage of that if there was a missed spot already found. Take a couple weeks and have a good look around just to be sure. Bouncing a cheque accidentally can really make you feel embarrassed though.

     
  • At 5/28/2006 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, I'd forgotten but you are right the spending sprees are a bipolar thing. So (blush) is high risk umm risque behaviour if you get my drift, not that I do that stuff, being in menopause/not dating/with the meds I"m on anyway. Shouldn't my meds be damping those bipolar symptoms down? Guess they can't take care of everything...

    Jeannie, add another zero to the $500 and you'd be in the right neighborhood but a bit over. I will NEVER do this again, believe me. Am super super embarrassed and financially ummm scared to death. Thank heavens David is driving me crazy at work. Would not want to have the time to think about this.

    This is manageable but have to be super careful. It's my own damn fault and glad they pay me well.

     
  • At 5/28/2006 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    oops I was wrong. The total was $4200

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home