Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, May 19, 2006

All I Want For Christmas (Is You)

Still have that @#$^ song in my head from Love Actually!

Hey world, how was your Friday before a long weekend? It clouded over here but so what? Have never worked as hard as I did today. And don't remember what got done but it was a lot. You'd laugh if you could see the technology we have to contend with at work, world. It doesn't want us to work, or if we do, it wants us to fail/look stupid. Think it was invented by Dogbert. For example, I had to schedule a lot of interviews today, and won't be in on a lot of them (aka, 'managing'). With this system, when that happens, the system does not record the interviews on my computer, not even as 'sent mail' or 'trash'. So I can't coordinate any of the meetings that I'm setting up.

Likelihood that I've double-booked? Pretty damn high. Thanks, computer land (the system is GroupWise). One must laugh....Got 11 done before I got too thoroughly concerned and stopped. At least five more to go, then about another thirty in a completely different class. The contractor, whose job this is in the first place, can take it from here. I had to do this rapidly, that is how fast people get booked in this organization. Minutes count. ARGH.

This study has to be finished, as in recommendations done, by end of June. To my knowledge, which is pretty complete, this is record time. It's also not an option NOT to meet the deadline, have been told this several times by M's boss. Not sure I want to know what that means if I don't meet it.

On the bright(er) side, M is working very hard. And doing well. And the kids are doing great too. They are so good. And fun to be around.


Tried to get some Sens shirts for Dar and GI but the place was closed by the time I got there. Will try again tomorrow a.m. Wimps went home at 7:30. No wonder they lost.

It looks as if this place was never dusted, and just how did all this stuff that needs to be dusted get into here in the first place? Maybe blindfolds aren't such a bad idea, hmmmm. Nah too kinky. Besides with my luck everyone'd just wind up grabbing my fat. (ROFL).

Speaking of which, time for dinner, then dusting.

Night world, will post after the visit....or when panic sets in (as if it hasn't already! To quote Rocky Horror Picture Show: "Madness....takes its toll..........") *grin*

Hugs, Bridg

3 Comments:

  • At 5/19/2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    The Senators didn't just lose, they were grilled over the coals, sliced and diced, and served up on a platter. Not sure what the hell happened. All I know was I was screaming at the TV and it was not pretty.

     
  • At 5/19/2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks for rooting for them, DMJ. They do this every year. Get our hopes up, then choke. Royally.

    And every year, we let them.

    AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

     
  • At 5/24/2006 01:34:00 AM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can make extra cash.
    It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
    in your zipcode to see if you can find something. I found something and make
    and extra $900 a month!

    http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home