Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Won't You Come Out And Play With Me?

(Like the puppy food commercial) Hi world! Today started off cold and softly rainy and ended up cold and sunny (LOVE that weather)! Hope your day was great? Weather and event-wise?

This satellite stuff is great. It's half what I was paying for cable, no kidding. And NCIS was on at 6:30 YAHOO!!

It was as busy as all get out in the office, and due to cars being sold, kids being sick and spring fever everyone but me and one other person had vanished by 2:00. Boy it was lonely. But hey.

That woman who called me an idiot on Friday? Turns out she does that frequently (to others, I mean). Talked to a bud who's a famous consultant. He laughed and said that I've joined a fraternity (Bridg pouts, since she thinks she lacks some basic physical equipment, but never mind) of people attacked by that woman including M and this very nice consultant. He (S the consultant) said that this fact endeared me even more to him (blush). Then Bridg talks to that woman's (TW's) boss' boss. I couldn't find out who the boss was from the listing on the Internet. The man insisted on me telling him what happened, so I did. He was horrified (but not surprised) and apologized, said he would tell her boss (who, it turns out, is a good guy). Boss calls me later. Gave him names of other folks who were at the meeting (from their org and mine) so that he can check it out with all concerned. Advised that M is furious (a rare and undesirable thing, he knows this). Says HE will be at the next meeting, M also. I say good, because I and staff won't meet without her being supervised. I hate and don't tolerate bullies. The others are gentle, collegial folks and all of them were in shock.

So that is that.

Mom played hookey from aquafit today. She said that her bathing suit was still wet from last week. Threatened to get her another one. She declined. Hmmmm. Why didn't feeble stuff like that ever save me from math homework?

Have not heard word one from Jery in months. He has either fallen off of the face of the earth, is drinking again (Jer if you are I will hunt you down and strangle you even if I have to get a stepladder to do it), in B.C., or recording music.

Pauly's on his annual one month leave. Yay Pauly!!!

And here's the big news--next Wednesday 2:30 is the G.I. in Ottawa day. Anyone know how to lose 80 lbs in a week? Actually I have a pretty good idea but it's disgusting. When he brought up the date that was my response ---'I can't lose 80 lbs in a week!' He kindly said that I don't have to. Also talked to his wife. She sounds like a really fun and great person too. VERY happy that he got a good person. Nothing's worse that finding out that a great person wound up marrying a witch (like my little Bro. Know what I mean?). GI played a much more significant role in my life than I realized (only guy who dumped me, took me years to get over it. No won't bring it up unless he asks, and if he does will be gentle). Is all quite good!

OK enough blithering. Off to visit you guys.

Night world.....Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 4/25/2006 09:41:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Urgh! That really sucks. I had to go back to Friday's post to see what you were referring to.

    She should get reprimanded at least. I hate work bullies.

    I worked with one years ago. Never had a problem with him, he was always nice to me. However, found out later that he bullied my boss continually and I really feel bad for my boss. There's just no need for that crap. The guy was real high up in the company, so there was nothing my boss could have done about it.

    This guy used to tell my boss things along the lines of "if this doesn't get done by such and such date, you and me will have to step outside." You know, degrade his masculinity. Really sick.

     
  • At 4/25/2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    The day started out at 59 and is currently 46 and drizzle. I am thinking this feels like Seattle without the worry of a mountain deciding it really wants to be a volcano. Overall, perfect weather in my mind.

    Yeah hockey playoffs! Ottawa kicked Tampa's ass.

    Tell your mom that there is such a thing as a dryer, invented in the 1930s.

     
  • At 4/26/2006 08:06:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Zomb, I think that this one's under control for now. I hate bullies too. It's been so long since I've had to deal with one...M is gonna get her too, which is great. I'm not fully staffed yet, and M is, which means that he has more freedom to act than I do. p.s. Now that Brokeback(whatever) Mountain's out, there are some really great smart2** replies to the line that you quoted....but I'm sure you thought of some anyway...*smirk*....

    DMJ thanks for the Ottawa cheer! Hear you re the dryer,am trying to keep Mom away from the basement (tricky stairs and dark). It's the first thing I thought of too though. You're right, that sure is Pacific Northwest weather. Nice with those tall pines minus the hot ash and smoke lol...

     
  • At 4/26/2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Ha ha. I didn't think of that. Too bad my former boss didn't.

     
  • At 4/26/2006 06:44:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Zomb, that's probably because you two are polite and I'm not.

    Askintoo, go soak your head in something hot and nasty.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home