Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Way You Look Tonight

The Way You Look Tonight
Frank Sinatra
Some day,
when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow
just thinking of you...
And the way you look
tonight.
Yes you're lovely,
with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me
but to love you,
And the way you look
tonight.
With each word
your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart...
And that laugh
that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.
Lovely ...
Never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it ?
'Cause I love you ...
Just the way you look tonight.

Hola world, hope your day was lovely too?

Actually Bridg's day wasn't lovely at all. We're all burnt out but let's not talk about that. M did it to Bridg again (not telling me stuff, then I get caught by Da Boss, who is the sweetest guy, not knowing stuff. He knows that M didn't bring me up to speed and he also knows it breaks my heart being in that spot. Told me it's the 3rd-4th time in the last two weeks M's left him in that spot. So I called M to warn him and M is ticked for Da Boss feeling that he isn't doing his job? He isn't!!! Bridg desperately wants to cry but of course, doesn't.)

New meds? Working fine. Bridg isn't near as hyper as normal. Shucks, nowhwere near as fun. Oh well. Had to grow up sometime.

One of the ladies at work (P, bless her heart) called for me to some cleaning places and found one that'll come do the vacuuming and wall washing on Tuesday. I love P!! She's very eager to meet GI. I"m still skeptical about him actually materializing but the house will look better. Car too if I remember to clean it. P was hinting to get new clothes. Hmmmm. Did pick up a necklace for GI's wife but one that I like too in case he cancels on me. Here's part of what I found about Iolite:
Spiritual and Healing Properties of Jade: It helps you to feel comfortable in the leadership role or and also makes others easier to accept you in that role also. This stone will prevent you from allowing other to walk all over you or for you to allow your emotions to control you. At the same time this stone does not allow you to martyr yourself. It keeps you from feeling your are the victim of circumstances also.

There are three colors to this stone each adding their effect to it, blue effecting friendships, gray professional, purple family or sexual relationships forum post from whitehorse womanolite helps to open the pathway for the spiritual. It connects the throat, brow and crown chakras. It opens a subtle and gentle gateway of communication to the Higher Self. It may be detected differently than you would expect. By this I mean, it may manifest as sudden "bursts" of intuition and you may have a higher awareness for guidance or purpose. A good stone for helping one find direction in life. The Shamans would use this stone to ensure accuracy with visions and in healing ceremonies to influence the spirits. Iolite also helps you to release the discord from your life. It is a good healing stone. :-) The most common colors range from a clear to a blueish-lavendar. But that is not the only color of the Iolite. It also comes in brown, green, yellow and grey. The properties listed above are for the blueish-lavendar

Our friends at http://www.luckygemstones.com/iolite-jewelry-blue-gray-stones.htm, say that:
A major gemstone of the 3rd Eye or 6th Chakra, Iolite is used to aid in astral travel and attaining deep trances. Placing the gemstone on the 3rd eye area is thought to improve psychic abilities. Considered an important Shamanic healing gemstone, thought to bring accurate visions and align spirits with the desired purpose.
Thought to bring balance to male/female energies and auric fields.
Thought to help people face and deal with changes in their life, easily, without the associated worry.
Considered a
Western Astrological sign of gemstone of Libra, Sagittarius and Taurus.
Thought to be
energizing to athletes and to help discern truth at the heart level.
Healing Properties: Thought to help the body release toxins, therefore important for the liver.
Scientific Properties: Composed of Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, it is found in schists or low-grade metamorphic rocks. It is easily identifiable by its pleochroism and by the fact it is the only purple mineral found in this environment.
This mineral is pleochroic, or changes color along 3 axes when rotated. It is generally yellow along the x-axis, darker blue/violet/gray along the y-axis and the z-axis is generally a lighter, clearer blue.
Gem quality Iolite is found in India, Germany, Norway and Madagascar as well as Alaska and Connecticut in the U.S. Hardness: 7-7.5 on the
Moh's Hardness Scale

So that was the day. Find out stuff that hadn't been done and would be too damn late in mid May hadn't been started (we only gave them our in put in March, guess it was too sudden). Arranged meetings. Went to meetings and got jumped on. Got folks settled down. Arranged more meetings (they don't involve me, BTW, this was M's and big shots' jobs not mine. Part of why I duwanna BE a big shot.And look at what happens...)

Mom says she's going to try out her bathlift tonight. OK sure.....

Gotta go, I'm crashing. Night world, hope your weekend's great. Weatherwise it sure is looking good here'bouts!!!

hugs...Bridg

19 Comments:

  • At 4/28/2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger SME said…

    Hola right back! I love Sinatra.
    I'm glad the meds are working out for you so far - my boyfriend is bipolar, and hitting the right meds or combination thereof can be tricky sometimes.

     
  • At 4/28/2006 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    sme, This is the WEIRDest thing I've ever had to contend with, and was talking with Mom about how diff my life could have been (worse, actually) if I'd known about this earlier. Tricky diagnosis, tricky treatment, good merciful Lord. I'm glad I have a patient doctor and very glad your BF has YOU! Before finding Paxil (which it turns out wasn't right for me but was the most right of all the things I tried) went through at least 8 therapists and at least as many meds if not many more over what must have been 10 years.

     
  • At 4/29/2006 05:38:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Not hyper can be good.

    I'm assuming the necklace you bought is the iolite - (the stone looks pretty) If it can do all they say, that's a lot!

     
  • At 4/29/2006 07:49:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jeannie, yes I bought the iolite. It's quite pretty...didn't know it could do all of that either!

     
  • At 4/29/2006 01:35:00 PM, Blogger MyUtopia said…

    I love that song!

     
  • At 4/29/2006 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    MyUtopia, me too. It's the sweetest thing ever written, I think...

     
  • At 4/29/2006 07:34:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    The Mem'ry of a Song...wriiten by Scrunch in his younger days...

    You can find my feelings in the things that I do..
    find my dreams in the poems that I'm singing to you..
    and if something in the night,
    says won't you stay for just awhile,
    maybe it's the mem'ry of a song...


    I need you here beside me, 'cos the night can be so long,

    and the feeling in my soul says going home would be so wrong...

    the night is saying Listen...and the music's saying Stay...the morning's just a few hours away...


    If the mem'ry of a song will make you stay when you should be going..
    will you take the time to let the memory come?
    And if the memory of a song will keep the shadows from your mind..
    will you take the time to let the memory come?

     
  • At 4/29/2006 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Scrunchie, NO WONDER tshsmom married you!!

    That is the best lyric I've read in many many moons.

    Thanks for sharing it!!

    Needed to read it right now.

     
  • At 4/29/2006 08:18:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Thank you, Bridget..it made the song worth the time it took...I did record it, but it's only on a 45 rpm record which nobody ever heard of any more. I wrote maybe 12 songs altogther, but this has always been my favorite...

     
  • At 4/29/2006 08:48:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    It is truly beautiful, Scrunch. Thanks again.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 02:11:00 AM, Blogger SME said…

    That was really beautiful!

    Bridget, I hope things get easier with time. I always remind myself it's not any different than diabetes or allergies...a pain in the a**, but manageable. :)

     
  • At 4/30/2006 08:24:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    SME, those are the same analogies that I use. Diabetes/epilepsy. No one in their right minds (ha ha ha) would advise diabetics or epileptics not to take meds. In the bad old days they used to think that demons caused all illnesses, can you imagine???

     
  • At 4/30/2006 08:25:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    lol sorry SME I read 'allergy' and interpreted 'epilepsy'.

    Need more coffee. Cat got me up at 6:15, the bossy brute.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 02:15:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    SME, don't you have one of the 45s?

    Bridg, that song is a bit of a "bone of contention" around here. He wrote it for another woman, before I met him. BUT, he's never written a song for me or his kids. Now he's too deaf to tune his guitar properly. :(

     
  • At 4/30/2006 04:26:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, ooooopsies sorry the song wasn't yours, I assumed (bad word, bad bad Bridg!!) that it was.

    There are some things too deeply felt for words (really truly mean that too).

    One of my link people (was it you Jeannie?) did a post on how men and women differ in how they say I love you that was fabulous. The post started off being about walk away wives. Damn my memory....

     
  • At 5/01/2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger SME said…

    As late as the '80s there was a religious freak telling epileptics that seizures are caused by Satan (*picturing the Church Lady*), and not to take their meds. I hope there aren't any dead epileptics because of him, just like a I hope that people who need to take meds for WHATEVER reason won't let people talk them out of it.

     
  • At 6/06/2006 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Maggs said…

    Enjoyable visit to your blog! We hope you will come to my shopping site Enduring Collections. We are a portal to over 500 merchants you will recognize. A perfect department store site for all your needs. Whether you are shopping for golf shoes or other fine merchandise, the chances are you will find it here.

     
  • At 6/10/2006 11:34:00 AM, Blogger STL said…

    Enjoyable visit to your blog! We hope you will come to my shopping site Enduring Collections. We are a portal to over 500 merchants you will recognize. A perfect department store site for all your needs. Whether you are shopping for necklaces or other fine merchandise, the chances are you will find it here.

     
  • At 7/13/2006 11:30:00 AM, Blogger STL said…

    Enjoyable visit to your blog! We hope you will come to my shopping site Enduring Collections. We are a portal to over 500 merchants you will recognize. A perfect department store site for all your needs. Whether you are shopping for 14K gold or other fine merchandise, the chances are you will find it here.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home