Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Stay

Maurice Williams (as Bridge remembers it)

Oh won't you stay
just a little bit longer
please please stay
just a little bit more?

Thanks Scrunch for inspiring that memory and for that wonderful lyric you posted in your comment on last night's post.

Have been cleaning my hyper little ass off today and am nowhere near done yet. This did start before GI and Bridg connected but kicked Bridg into hyper speed sorta after the connection was made.

Have been glancing at the phone a lot expecting an 'I can't come after all' message but no such thing.

Got the car 'detailed'. Forgot how to get to the place, even tho I've been there a thousand times in 34 years. Who, me, nervous about GI? Had to actually ask strangers at a gas station how to get there. Cleaned up the garden from last year too, even put St. Francis back there and left water for the birdies too. Had to stop a LOT because of headaches which I never get and wondered why because am on meds for high blood pressure. Then read about this new bipolar stuff I"m on. It causes headaches. Oh. Oh well.

Something pushed two big (3-4") holes through the sliding screen door into the garden last night. Was going to fix the screen door (well still am tomorrow) and then get a planter to block the door (more charge card space than brains, Bridg). Then realized all I have to do is fix the door and shove it to the other side where the steps don't go. Whatever it is would have to hover in mid-air to get at the door. DUH. And BTW there are times I think it's nasty that I know how to do things like fix screen doors and change light fixtures. Are there any men out there who think that's sexy? Didn't think so!

Have done a hundred things today, thought of more to do, have even MORE to do that he'll never notice. And realized why about an hour ago. I don't want him to think "thank God I didn't wind up with this loser". Before you all yell at me, I know I'm not a loser, but I think you can see why I worry about looking like one with him. To him I mean. He's very kind, he isn't judgemental, but still it's in the back of my head. I know I need a brain enema, if there is such a thing. Don't think it's just a weight thing, not sure if it's a single thing (have had plenty of opps to be married), it's probably the him dumping me thing. Yep from the feeling that typing that sentence gave me, it's the him dumping me (ouch) thing. How dumb. That's something men go through many times in their lives. How on earth do you all deal with it? I'm serious here. How on earth do you deal with it?

argh

yours in utter quandary, Bridg (looking for brain enema)

15 Comments:

  • At 4/29/2006 09:04:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    a) you are not a loser by any stretch of the imagination...DON'T YOU DARE!! sell yourself short..consider yourself verbally spanked!

    b) one minute at a time..that's what you do!

     
  • At 4/29/2006 09:09:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Oh, and fixing screen doors can be incredibly sexy, if you're wearing a tool belt....OK, maybe a t-shirt with it....

     
  • At 4/29/2006 09:28:00 PM, Blogger honestyrain said…

    a loser? no. not unless you believe it. if you do, then yes, you are. but the rest of us think not.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Scrunch and honesyrain, hanks for the gentle reminders. GI was the one time I got dumped and even tho this was 35 years ago I still worry about what he thinks of me in terms of not being a loser.

    Idiotic I know, especially since GI (and his wife) are the last people on this planet who would think like that. His twin brother, for whom GI, his wife and stepdaughter and I all have no use at all not only DOES thinks like that, it's the reason why we don't like him. So I"m worried for nothing.

    Wow that was the most productive verbal spanking I've ever had. You two should go into the theraputic spanking biz. I'd be your patient!! really!

    Thanks!!!

    (((hugs))) Bridg, grateful spankee

     
  • At 4/30/2006 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. I meant 'thanks', not 'hanks'

     
  • At 4/30/2006 01:03:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Hey, no problem...anytime you need a spanking I'm here for ya. We all deserve one once in awhile....

     
  • At 4/30/2006 03:27:00 AM, Blogger starbender said…

    Verbally spanked?
    hahaa, that's a
    new one on me!
    :)

     
  • At 4/30/2006 08:02:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    I don't know about sexy, but being able to fix stuff is necessary unless you wanna pay to have relatively simple things done. What amazes me is when you come across a man who hasn't a clue and they're freaked out cuz you can. I'd say you're a catch.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 08:16:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    No, we're nowhere near Ottawa and the guys generally only do driveways not landscaping anyway. It's too bad (for us) that we aren't near you because the prices charged are much higher there than here.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Jeannie, you are a pal! This learning how to do things started when my (another hunk who wouldn't help) bf in the 80s never got around to installing my window air conditioner. I got fed up and did it myself. He said that I did an excellent job (this guy retired as a real big shot too). That was the start of me learning to do a lot of things...you're right some of them can be clueless but I gues our gender can be the same way too...

    and yes am sorry we don't live near each other! Would make it worth your guys' while to do this stuff. Hate paying strangers to do things like this. Oh well.

    Bridg

     
  • At 4/30/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Starbender, I think we just made that phrase up and I LOVE those pics you're using. GORGEOUS!!!!!

     
  • At 4/30/2006 10:27:00 AM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I can't remember if I told you this quote or not, so I will say it anyways.

    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

     
  • At 4/30/2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ that sounds familiar (the fun of being this old is that what is old is new again really) but I understand it now.

    Absolutelyl freakin' right on.

    If he notices all the work I did I think I"ll strangle him.

    No kidding.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    While I don't think your handiness is particularly sexy, I think it is way cool. Single women tend to be able to do these things because they don't have a male around to do them. So it's great you can take care of these things without male help. It shows great independence, which some men might think is sexy...

    And you are so not a loser. And you know it. And we know it.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 04:23:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC thanks so much for that. Know what you mean...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home