Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, April 14, 2006

R***RS' SUCKS!!!!!

Hi World. Wasn't it a lovely day today?

Beats me. It looked nice but I was too lazy to get dressed until half an hour ago. It's 6:13 now. The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe tried to get me up at 7:oo today, the brat. I showed her. Stayed in bed till sometime near 10:00.

Someone has been 'attacking' me by phone. This is sad. Found out by accident that my arrangement to have my phone bill paid through my bank account (everything gets paid that way, I am VERY lazy) was un-done. I don't even LOOK at my phone bill. Just happened to do so a few weeks ago and was shocked to note that it hadn't been paid last month. Called and asked what the heck was going on. They said that I'd asked. Of course I hadn't. In order to make that arrangement, you need to know the address, etc. Hmmm.

Recently had been getting calls from an East Indian guy. I'd tell him he had the wrong number, he'd call back and insist that he had the right one. I'd say no, and hang up. He'd call back yet again. This time I'd get annoyed. Hang up again, and the phone would ring again. I'd ignore it. He called again this a.m. It was the same voice. I hung up, he called again. I said nothing, then he said hello...I hung up. I suspect it's the same person who came to my door to find out why I'd dropped R***rs as my phone service (their service is horrible. They cut my mother's phone service off for three days for no reason at all, put me on hold for an hour and a half when I called to report the situation; and pretty much did the same thing to me myself. This fellow didn't see the problem with that. BTW, I have a sign on my door saying 'no solicitation'). That person was East Indian. Hmmm. The only people who would have my phone information would be R***rs. Because my phone info is unlisted. And R***rs was my phone service until recently.

My Internet service provider is R***rs. It won't be by Monday, believe me. Ditto with my cable. I can't prove that it was this fellow playing pranks with my phone and service, but I did do a *69 to get the phone number from which the idiot on the phone this a.m. called. I will call the police if it happens again.

Sad.

Of course, this day commerates a VERY sad event.

It is blessedly difficult to find a cable internet service provider in this town (heh heh at least we have electricity). I am having the dickens of a time doing it and have spent hours at this task. Might go to satellite. At the moment am totally out of patience.

To give you a giggle: I found out where the so called snowplow folks hide I mean are. It's in my old neighborhood (where I lived as a teenager). I'm taking the(ir) rebar and am going to leave it in THEIR driveway after dark tee hee hee. So it can be their problem

Took two Advil to see if it makes me hyper again. I think it is. That will disprove the stroke theory. I hope.

Have a good evening, folks. If you have any advice at all re cable internet service providers, please let me know. This is driving me nuts.

Not that it was a long trip ha ha ha!

Bridg

UPDATE

The Advil made me VERY hyper. Took two Imovane and the usual 200 mg topomax to sleep, and even then was up till 3:35. Could not find the so-so snowplowers' house, so I left the rebar in the gutter next to a park. It still has their name at the top of it. That should get them into trouble. OK off to get Mom a bathlift.

16 Comments:

  • At 4/14/2006 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I didn't realize there were any cable internet providers other than Rogers. If you're talking high speed, why not try Sympatico since your landline phone is probably with them anyways (i.e. Bell) AND they do sattelite.

    Report this pesky guy, too. That's not good. At all.

     
  • At 4/14/2006 08:41:00 PM, Blogger Vest said…

    When I get a nuisance call I reply "Hold on a second" move away and put the phone down two minutes later.

     
  • At 4/14/2006 09:09:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I don't know if you have MCI up there or not. Don't EVER hook up to their long distance service. They lie about the cost, and are next to impossible to get rid of! Then they telemarket you to death, trying to get you back. It took me 2 YEARS to get them to leave me alone.

     
  • At 4/14/2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC I think I will do Bell, much as I don't like big biz. Will try out the satellite thing. And will report the man too. He's sick.

    Like that idea, Vest. It's funny.

    Tshsmom, that is precisely what Rogers is doing. ALL of their service uses third world types. That isn't necessarily bad, except none of them understand English and they all think that women are ummm have no opinions/value. So anything I say, even if they understood it, which they don't, doesn't matter. They want to speak to my non-existent hubby. I may have to make one up. But I'm firing Rogers from my life anyway.

    argh.

    Bridg

     
  • At 4/14/2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Isn't it ironic, none of the Sympatico websites work....

     
  • At 4/14/2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger SME said…

    Wow, that's the creepiest phone-service story ever! And my mom was, as she mentioned, stalked by MCI. I thought they were going to send commandos after her.

     
  • At 4/14/2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Peter said…

    Happens all over the world Bridget.

     
  • At 4/14/2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    SME, just filed a complaint with the company. Said that the next time something odd happens that I'm calling the police; and that I didn't want to see/hear from any of their sales reps even if they're giving away money or hiring Geo Clooney lol. Ended by saying that in this nation women are respected by law.

    Wonder if they'll get that. Nah..... But it made me feel good.

    Peter, so does murder and genocide. None of that makes any of it right.

     
  • At 4/15/2006 01:23:00 AM, Blogger SME said…

    Good for you! Get 'em! :D

     
  • At 4/15/2006 02:14:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    thanks SME. Like my pal Mel (Ocean of Reality), this latest set of mishaps just conspired to make me more determined than ever....

     
  • At 4/15/2006 05:32:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Rogers does suck. We had a door-to-door guy around just the other day asking questions. I told him we have cable TV and I'm not interested in anything else because Rogers customer service sucks. We've had their cell and internet. I'm with Sympatico now and it's ok.

     
  • At 4/15/2006 08:57:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jeannie you made my day--thank you!! I had Rogers' cell too and changed to Telus.

    I love Telus!!

     
  • At 4/15/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    My experience with Bell hasn't been much better, though, Bridg. My cell is with them and their customer service sucks hugely. I'm locked in till June, though. I never liked the Bell phone service in ON, either, but there aren't too many options. The high speed through the phone line (can't remember which is DSL and ADSL) tends to be way faster and way more reliable, and the computer teck at The Centre agreed it's the better choice. I was never happy with Rogers High Speed internet - frequently too slow and unreliabe. So there you go.

     
  • At 4/15/2006 04:41:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Well, I guess if all else fails, we could become old fashion pen pals :)

     
  • At 4/15/2006 06:27:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC, read tonight's post!

    Jack, you'd never be able to read my writing!!!

     
  • At 4/20/2006 09:54:00 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Very nice! I found a place where you can
    make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
    and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home