Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Hi World! Hope your Sunday was as great or greater than mine!

Tossed and turned but eventually slept fine. Those sheets felt wonderful. Don't think that juggling TV sets with a slightly broken arm was a great idea before going to sleep. Guess it counts as a form of exercise.

But it turns out that the cable DOES work in the bedroom after all, even if the set doesn't have a sleep setting.

Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe was starving to death first thing today. Took precisely two bites of food this a.m. but then was fine (shaking head). I took Mom to a huge Loblaws grocery store here and managed to lose her for about half an hour. Even had her paged (which she didn't hear). Almost went to the police but she managed to find me. The store is a city block long, so there's more than enough space to lose a person in. Anyway....I wound up getting a small TV to use while I'm on the treadmill. Then realized that there's no cable in the basement, and that it's damn hard to carry the set into the basement with the gimpy arm.

I.am.not.smart.

ARGH.

Anyhow, it's all fixed now.

Gave away two plants, old ones from an ex bf, to Emmi next door. Rang the doorbell first. She wasn't home so I left them on her doorstep, giggling all the way. That's the kind of thing she does to me all the time and I loved doing it back (OK I did explain it to her later and she agreed).

Soooo do not want to go back to work tomorrow. Cannot express how much I don't want to go back there.

But have been spending money like a drunken sailor so it'd be a nice idea to earn some. Damn. Oh yah it'd be nice to see M again.

OK OK OK (to quote Joe Pesci). Will go back, dammit.

Took Mom to see the bathlift today. She's very excited about the idea. Turns out that insurance will pay for it if it's prescribed by a doctor. Mom has a doctor appointment on Tuesday. Since she ALWAYS forgets to ask the doctor important stuff, arranged for Bro to go in with her so HE can ask. I told him what to ask and why. TA DA. We are halfway there and I'm very excited about this. She loves baths, this is important to her. Sis and her partner dropped in to see Mom this aft too and they took her to lunch. So Mom heard from or saw most of her brood today. I know that's very important to her too. Sigh. THAT 's a good day!!!

OK world. Off to put up black-out panels. I've only lived here 14 years (across the street from the street lamp. Never said I was smart).

Have a great evening!!!

Hugs, Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 4/10/2006 04:41:00 AM, Blogger Peter said…

    Hi Bridget, yes spending like a drunken sailor needs to be counter-balanced with some income sadly.

     
  • At 4/10/2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Poppy Cede said…

    I need to disagree on one small point: You are smart. :)

     
  • At 4/10/2006 05:46:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Hope your Monday and first day back to work wasn't too painful, Bridg.

     
  • At 4/10/2006 05:48:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    If the insurance could pay for the bath lift AND the stair lift, you could take more time off. ;)

     
  • At 4/10/2006 07:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hey Peter, you are right, it is damn sad.....

    THanks Poppy Cede!! I will try to change your lovely opinion with tonight's post tee hee hee!

    WC oh it was in some ways, delightful in others. YOu are a true friend ((((hugs)))))

    tshsmom, wouldn't that be terrific!!!!!!!!! I"d make a GREAT bum!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home