Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Neutron Dance

What a gorgeous day, world!

The security people (the good ones) called and confirmed the Wednesday night appointment. I called and cancelled the bad ones. They didn't argue about a thing. Then called and confirmed the low low price of the satellite system. Yep I had the right price (holy crabfish!). Did one laundry load.

Then got the blood test done (clerk was a nit-wit who managed to mangle my last name in an unbelievable way, even tho she had my health card). Then handed me something to pee in (huh says Bridg. I had no real ummm need or desire to). Asked for a cup to drink water with. Reallllly hopeless but ..... Thank heaven the twit was busy when I got back. Went to another person who beamed at me "that's MORE than enough!!!" (whew!). They found my vein right away (never happens) and the blood flowed (also never happens).

Then things got funky, mostly with men (no comment). As I left the lab, held the door open for a Japanese man who looked over 70. He marched right past me into the lab without a word. Not a thank-you, not a nod. I smiled and stayed there, continuing to hold the door open for a lady and her son who were about 15 steps behind His Majesty. She loudly thanked me. Laughed.

Right afterwards, drove around the same complex that the lab was in to drop off some old eyeglasses (they recycle them) at the optometrists'. As I drove around the complex, got THE EYE from some 65+ year old stud standing outside smoking in the parking lot. OH PLEASE. Nothing against 65+ year olds, but what the heck gives anyone the right to give anyone else that kind of look at 11:00 in the morning?

As I tried to fit the glasses into the receptacle, a man with his back to me was talking to a technician who was fitting his son with glasses. For some reason the father decided to back up on top of my foot, crunched my ankle and everything. Bear in mind by then I had had no coffee, brekkie or anything for at least 12 hours and had HAD it with men for the moment. He apologized profusely. I sighed and said "it's OK, it's only the arm that's broken" (I'm wearing a big black brace that looks like S&M attire. Yah yah I'm a bitch. Didn't even LOOK at the poor man) and left the scene of the crime (or is it crime of the scene?) quickly.

Had to change the bed linen, load the tires in the car, eat lunch and drive to the dealership. None of those things was fun. The first two because of the arm, the latter because somehow I wound up behind every old lady and truck in Ottawa.

But the fun part was my dealership has a good TV in its service department and lots of chairs. Someone had put it on a channel that has all those Court TV thingies on it.

Usually I can't watch that stuff. Too soap-opera-ish and I can't bear watching what people do to each other. Today I had to. I was the only female in the room (there were 4-5 men there). OK so I watched it. It was HILARIOUS!!!! That stuff can't be real. It's just too funny/stupid. Not as gross at Jerry Springer, but pretty darn funny. One of the judges is a pretty nice looking guy. And bonus, now my baby (car) is all fixed for spring/summer. Those ugly snows are off.

R***rs cable called me the minute I got home to apologize for the behaviour of whoever it was. The caller was the manager of the Ottawa office. They wanted to give me a month free, but I declined, advising that I'm changing providers because I"m just too ticked off. They were very understanding of it and promised to get to the bottom of it. I hope they do, this kind of thing is obviously not acceptable. I pointed out that there is only one way to get this kind of info for an unpublished number. Anyway, not my prob anymore.

It's a coincidence, but MAN am I glad I'm getting the security system now. The R***rs manager said that the person who did this harassing will not be working for R***rs anymore. YAY. GOOD. If they live up to this, R***rs no longer sucks.

Am running out of spring cleaning energy. About bleeping time too. There is LOTS more to do, am just mellowing out now.....oh man just realized I have to vacuum before the security guys show up on Wednesday. Well, after NCIS on Tuesday I know what I'm going to be doing, sigh.

Happy Monday, world!!!

Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 4/17/2006 09:19:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Can you kindly stop being so damn productive? I am having a complex here.

     
  • At 4/17/2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    HA HA DMJ!! Mission accomplished! Crashed and had a 3 hour nap tonight.....think that this is the end of the spring cleaning bug.....

     
  • At 4/18/2006 09:54:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Bridg, honey, we need to talk.

    Next time you get THE EYE from a "stud", baby go for it. 11am, hell it could be 5am. The only way you should be saying "OH PLEASE" in that kind of situation is through pleasured moans.

    Damn. I must REALLY need some.

     
  • At 4/18/2006 03:45:00 PM, Blogger starbender said…

    And I thought my days were busy!
    Good Luck!
    :]

     
  • At 4/18/2006 07:01:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    MEl I'm sending ALL of them right over....

    Starbender I think it's these menopausy things I'm taking plus the prayers to get over all these physical things I got stuck with lately ;)

     
  • At 4/18/2006 08:50:00 PM, Blogger jipzeecab said…

    Hey Bridg...Us poor 60+'s have to have the radar on 24/7...It was the smoking wasn't it..?..lol

     
  • At 4/18/2006 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jipzee, yah, that plus the leer...

     
  • At 4/19/2006 06:12:00 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Very nice! I found a place where you can
    make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
    and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money

     
  • At 4/20/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Very nice! I found a place where you can
    make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
    and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money

     
  • At 4/21/2006 02:15:00 AM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Very nice! I found a place where you can
    make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
    and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money

     
  • At 4/21/2006 02:32:00 AM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Very nice! I found a place where you can
    make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
    and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home