Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Mixed Bag (Chock Full O' Nuts Is A Heavenly Coffee....)

Well world....

Didn't see much of M, but that's OK. He wore that damn black outfit which ...oh never mind. He looks like a slice of heaven in it.

Went to see the gp for my first physical ever. Guys, imagine getting a prostate thingie from Jessica Simpson. Or worse, a butt exam from her. Ladies, imagine getting a pap exam from Geo Clooney, gay or not. He said to start wearing a splint on the broken arm or they'd have to do surgery on it. OK OK I got a damn splint. Actually it looks kinda cool (black). Won't get dirty and goes with everything (lol ike I care!).

My psychiatrist asked me to come in afterwards so I went. She said (wait for it) that there are two probabilities on why I felt so weird --(1)--my theory--that Advil interacted with the topomax or (2)--her theory--I had a stroke.

Yah, you read it right. A stroke.

I love being old(er).

She isn't changing my meds but is bringing me back in two weeks.

Said I wasn't manic, because if I was, I would have been raging and I wasn't. No indeed I wasn't. If that had been the case I would have stayed home.

Can't tell Mom or SHE'LL have a stroke. Told M and he just about had one.

Then went home and told you guys.

The security guys (ADT) cancelled. The installation guy has a cold (wuss). First they promised a rate of $25 per month and no intro fee. Then they upped the monthly to $35 and added an intro fee. Then cancelled on me today, instead of reassigning the job.

Think I need a new security company.

The snow plow folks who never showed up most of the year? Causing the ice on which I fell and broke my arm? I called them today (at 10:00 or so) to get them to remove the rebar with their sign on it from my lawn. There are vandals around who like smashing lawn lanterns. Mine and Emmi's have been broken once. They cost around $90 each and I don't feel like reinstalling one with a broken arm (caused by the snow plow guys) because the snow plow guys are too lazy to pick up their stuff (i.e. the vandals could use the rebar to smash the lawn lanterns--the rebars are right next to the lanterns).

The rebar is still there at 6:00 tonight. It isn't like they're busy snowplowing. Or cutting grass.

Sigh.

I'm not doing so well at picking service companies these days.

yours in utter disgust,

Bridg

UPDATE:

The very first (well known) replacement security company I called tonight was PERFECT! First, they were still in the office at 8:30 on the eve of a long weekend (heresy in Canada, or just about anywhere). Their rate is $25 per month. Free installation, NO administration/other fees. I can get a free special feature of my choice, which I've made. They also have an additional sound feature (again, free). So those other losers are outa here. The new guys are installing on Wednesday.

If the first idiots ever have the nerve to call me back, I'm hanging up on them. OR I'll tell them that I have a cold.

And the rebar for the snowplow idiots? If I get bored tomorrow, I'm driving over to their place to dump it on their lawn.

Bridg (impish once more)

10 Comments:

  • At 4/13/2006 06:56:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    OMG, a STROKE?! Take care of yourself. A first small stroke is usually a warning sign.
    I don't want to lose you!!

     
  • At 4/13/2006 06:59:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks tshsmom! I'm being good with the meds and all...and eating healthy. Not sure WHAT to do now. But am being good. Hope I'm right about the Advil.

    *giggle* was just thinking about that Marlon Brando line combined with the commercial: Wow, I coulda been/had a V-8 (vegetable)!!!

    Just kidding, I'll be good, and thanks for caring.....((hugs))

     
  • At 4/13/2006 08:38:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    You might need to schedule an appointment on the stroke thing. Not saying that the psychiatrist isn't knowledgeable, but you know. Plus with your health care system, there may be a wait :)

    Take care of yourself and don't do get too excited :)

     
  • At 4/13/2006 08:39:00 PM, Blogger saby said…

    i love the way u fantasize



    thanks for NARNIA tip off
    i will read the books

     
  • At 4/13/2006 09:11:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, I do have an appointment coming up. I can tell because am running out of meds but forgot when. So will call on Tues. Thanks for the advice ;), am pretty calm these days!!

    Saby TY!!! That's more being a smart ass than fantasy but TY anyway!!

     
  • At 4/13/2006 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Peter said…

    Hi Bridget, when does the good news start?
    Take care, have a happy Easter

     
  • At 4/14/2006 08:20:00 AM, Blogger starbender said…

    We had a security co. once. The few times the alarm did go off, NO-ONE CAME, OR CALLED! Hmmm...., Now I just stick their little sign in my front yard, and everyone thinks I have security! Hahahahaaa!
    (Haven't had a problem yet)
    :)

     
  • At 4/14/2006 08:26:00 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Mama Bridg,

    I just want you to know how much I love you, my dear! Thank you SO MUCH for the comments... I'm grinning from ear-to-ear just knowing how much you care!

    I am taking your advice and going to get a copy of the book you recommended this weekend. With that aside, I picked up the last of my things at Sean's apartment last night and felt WONDERFUL. It was so empowering to know that I have control over my own life again, and I feel like such a stronger person as a result! Look out world, here I come!

    Not a day goes by that I am not grateful to have met you in this crazy blog-world. I value our friendship immensely. Please, please, please take care of yourself. I don't think I could go a day without the thoughts and wisdom of my Mama Bridg.

    Keep us updated on the status of your "stoke". We all care about you so very much and are very worried about you!

    Love always, Mel

     
  • At 4/14/2006 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Whoa, I don't visit for like a day and a lot of stuff has gone down!

    Sorry I haven't been around...I've been distracted and going to bed early.

    Anyhow, a stroke? What?

    I hear you re. the male doctor. There's one female doc taking on new patients in this city, and she's way out and only works Fridays! Not much to do about it. But I hope it went ok for you.

    Hope you're having a great long weekend so far! Isn't it nice to come back after a holiday and have two short weeks?

     
  • At 4/14/2006 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Peter, you silly man. There was good news all over that post. Your homework is go to find it!

    Starbender, you read my mind. Even if the new company isn't good, the sticker does the work (giggle).

    Mel, you are THE best. That book I recommended did me so much good that my shrink bought it. I love you and the folks on this page too and always check out your posts. You are definitely on the right path, have the right attitude, and we/I will always be there to help. I love you too, my friend. Doubt that it was a stroke, the women in my family live far too long for that to have happened. I like my Advil theory better. Will try taking Advil again this weekend to prove it.

    W.C. Am having a lovely weekend except for the splinted arm. Understand about the male doctor thing...that one you ran into is a TWIT and if we lived closer I would do something very naughty and probably illegal/very annoying to him believe me. But glad you're hanging in there. Totally understand about your being preoccupied, man you are handling a lot. Congrats on the new job!!!! I'm so proud of you too.

    You're right, coming back from holidays to a short week is great. Didn't think about it at the time but yahoo!!!

    Happy Easter EVeryone! Have lots of chocolate!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home