Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Kathy's Song

It's lovely here, world! Well, maybe not all of you would see it that way. It rained softly last night, and is doing so again right now as the sun sets--taking away the snow (YAY). My irises are already an inch above the soil. Saw a very bold chickadee this morning too (morning! It was 12:30 but I'd just woken up)--right next to the window. Then it hovered like a hummingbird before entering the cedar hedge that forms the fences around here. Lovely!!

Could NOT sleep again last night. Was 4:04 last time I looked. Took Mom out grocery shopping at the local fruit-and-veg store, and we got into the biggest lineup you've ever seen. And this is normal for that store, according to the clerk (co-incidentally named Bridget!). We had a great time anyway. Got lots of healthy stuff that is probably going to rot in the fridge. Mom got good (i.e. icing-laden) stuff and already-roasted chicken and potatoes for dinner. Now I'm starving just thinking about it. Have lots of stuff in the fridge--good Heavens, guess I"ll have to EAT it now!!

Or baptize it.

Just kidding, it hasn't been there THAT long. Yet.

Got two weeks' worth of laundry done last night. Wow. You haven't lived till you've done that many loads all at once. The basement is full of drippy clothes. I'm afraid to go back down there. That's where the spiders are, I think.

OK, having taken a deep breath, am off to cook dinner. Then maybe more housework (oh I just live for this stuff. Don't you?).

Hugs, world. Happy Saturday!

Bridg

2 Comments:

  • At 4/01/2006 06:33:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    LOVE that song! I've been listening to a lot of S&G lately.
    Hey, we're sleeping in shifts. ;) I woke up when you finally fell asleep. Damned menopause!!
    Z's turn to cook tonight. YAY!

     
  • At 4/01/2006 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, I love that song too. Also into S&G now for some reason. LOL re wake time and darn right damn menopause.

    YAY enjoy dinner!!!

    I finally ate one of those dishes I've been cooking all week. Was pretty OK....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home