Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hooked On A Feeling

Oh world am so damn happy! Hope you are too!

GI called. Asked for a pic of old Bridg. Only have one. Will give it to him and ask him to send back a copy. Not that the home life is something I want to remember.

OK this is just me thinking out loud here so you can skip this para if you hate people psychoanalyzing themselves online.

He feels guilty about dumping me. I said that I was a spoiled brat then (was cute, used to being pampered by guys) and that home was so bad all I wanted to do was get married and get out of there. Being dumped by him woke me up (had not realized how deeply I felt about him until we broke up. Yep it took years to get over, but at least I got a degree which came in handy later). Also had to go through psychoanalysis to overcome parental damage (siblings haven't done that yet, rippling through generations, etc.) and just discovered the bipolar thing, and thank HEAVENS am on meds/talk therapy for that too. Can you imagine if I hadn't? I'd be like my witch ex boss raging at people-- ok may be exaggerating a WEE TAD here)..and on and on the damage would have gone. What if I'd had kids, etc. etc. No, everything went the way it should have. Dump, divorce and all. Things could have gone a very diff way if we hadn't split up. There's a lot of speculation there...I know...He thanked me for telling him this.

Can't believe that he still feels guilty.

Don't know where this is heading but I don't believe in co-incidences.

Nothing too interesting happened at work. Did manage to pass on some good words at exactly the right time (accidentally but hey, it happened!!).

Got the ultrasound done. Some thoughtful but possibly sadistic person left Herman and Calvin and Hobbes books in the waiting room. Can you imagine--you've drunk two litres of water in 20 minutes (two of those big bottles of Coke). You are not allowed to pee. And now you're sitting in a room with a bunch of other women laughing your a** off and you still aren't allowed to pee.

not.funny.

And then a kind of fussy German guy comes in to get you and presses a big f******g wand INTO YOUR STOMACH for a few minutes.

very.funny.

and that, my buds, is an ultrasound.

Oh and they take pictures of the whole thing.

I'm going to invent something like that for men.

Hey maybe that's why GI and I are getting together!!!

Night world!

Bridg

UPDATE

Went through pics. Found not just one but about six. He can have all of them if he wants but don't think wife will like that and will say so but leave it up to him to decide. Am also giving him a fat pic so she won't feel worried. Fair is fair. Also got him a DVD of a Simon and Garfunkle concert with all their good stuff on it including my faves plus a Marvin Gaye special CD. Now to get the necklace. And (groan) have to vacuum this place this weekend and get hair done Saturday am. Oh well for GI it's worth it.

ppss. Also found GI's pic. MAN he was GORGEOUS. I must have been out of my mind LETTING him dump me. Oh well.

9 Comments:

  • At 4/26/2006 09:08:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    You are sounding pretty damn happy there :) Have fun.

     
  • At 4/26/2006 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Howdy Jack, very happy thanks! This is the best part (anticipating)! Will do with the have fun part and how is JACK doing in the having fun department?

    Doggies being quiet? Heat spell broken?

    Creativity sure is there....((hugs))

     
  • At 4/27/2006 02:52:00 AM, Blogger Vest said…

    Hi rolly polly, dont demean yourself, to me you are in many ways a beautiful person, LY.

     
  • At 4/27/2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I missed something here...ultrasound? What for? I had a similar experience when I needed a pelvic ultrasound...unpleasant to say the least.

    Bridg, I'm sure GI doesn't expect you to look exactly the same as you did way back when. And you shouldn't, either! I guarantee you he won't look the same. Don't be so hard on yourself. We only have a teenaged body when we're teenagers (or early twenties, you get what I'm saying...).

     
  • At 4/27/2006 01:15:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    It doesn't matter if you're (how can I put this tactfully?) ummm...less than thin? He may have gone from Gorgeous to Grandfather...nothing wrong with just being yourself...I do it all the time and all my friends say..oh, wait a minute, I don't have any...

    Seriously, just enjoy it as a sidetrip down memory lane and new experience that it is...
    Seriously glad you're feeling so good, though...keep it up!!

     
  • At 4/27/2006 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    GI obviously has fond memories in spite of dumping you. Wallow in the good feelings.

     
  • At 4/27/2006 05:53:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I'm with WC. There's nothing worse than a 50 yr old woman trying to look like a teenager. ENJOY your maturity!

     
  • At 4/27/2006 07:03:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    I love you guys. Did I ever mention that?

    Vest, you da best. I'm not meaning to demean myself, just being honest. Was ultra tiny before and literally am 140 over what I was. Do carry it well, know I don't look like what I am (med professionals have told me that more than once, honest). TY for the compliment and LY right back truly!!

    wc the ultrasound was because after 2+ years of happily no Aunt you know who, the witch came back, once. The big C in that area runs in the fam, so they wanted to check it out. No biggie. Am convinced I'm doomed to stalk this poor planet for far too long.

    Thanks scrunchie ((hugs)) You're right of course. He is a grandpa too but through stepkids. Can't believe he's not a dad but he's so singleminded it does make sense (that he'd focus on medicine). Can't get away from things happen for a reason. Who knows?

    Jeannie he sure does. I've seen very shocked looks on peoples' faces when they spot me after many moons. I don't want to see that look on his face but probably could handle it.

    tshsmom, you're darn right, but what's this maturity thing?

     
  • At 4/28/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    External maturity, Bridg, EXTERNAL!! Our brains can stay immature for life. ;)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home