Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Heart of My Heart

Still licking my wounds of Friday, world. It's raining a soft spring rain and a little cool here. Took Mom out shopping. She has this cute little habit, when we're out, of stopping to think and look around immediately after going through a doorway.

This charming habit today got me whacked by massive sliding glass doors at Loeb's. On both sides, simultaneously. It hurt.

This happens all the time. Today I complained about it, and insisted that she move to the side and stop getting me hit. She promised. Now I know why airlines make the seniors get off LAST.

Not much else going on. Tried to get more filters for the Sympatico Internet hook up. Can't buy them in a Bell Store, have to order them on-line. Can't, because you have to be hooked up already in order to order. Can't be hooked up, don't have enough filters. The place you order them from on the phone is only open during the week.

Sigh.

Mom, Sis and her fam are off to some show at the theatre tonight. Think I'll just relax tonight. It appears to be in the cards!

Oh yah, satellite TV arrives Monday. It's half the cost of cable. Only one dish for all the TVs. Can't believe the pace at which my life's changing.

Weird.

Night world. Hope you're happy, safe and warm....Bridg

p.s. Made ministrone tonight with garlic cloves (not the bottled stuff). It makes a big big diff and is much better made with the fresh stuff. MAN is it ever good!!! OK if GI can be healthy so can I. One step at a time. You know like the movie "What About Bob?"? Baby Steps?? Well, this is a baby step.

Think I might rent that one just to make myself laugh before I totally crack up.... lol.

12 Comments:

  • At 4/22/2006 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Bridg - try an electronics store - maybe The Source or Radio Shack for the filters. Best Buy or Future Shop may even have them - let your fingers do the walking. My son picked extras up for us somewhere. You can hook up without them, just those phones might not be clear.
    I've got stuck behind old ladies like your mom - I want to poke them in the butt

     
  • At 4/22/2006 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I'm with Jeannie - one of those places must sell the filters. Quite a ridiculous predicament you're in there.

    I'm excited for you re. the sattelite.

     
  • At 4/22/2006 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    AH HA! Thanks Jeannie, will call my buds at Future Shop (must own half that blinkin' store by now) tomorrow.

    I'm not lettin' mom go in front of me anymore! There is nothing slow about that lady, she just likes making an entrance and THAT is what burns me up. She doesn't pull that stunt with Bro or Sis!!! Just me.

    Thanks WC, isn't it dumb? Will chew Bell's ear about that on Monday. It'll give me something to do at 8:00 while waiting for the satellite folks.

    Am excited about it too. Right now, all that stupid cable has on is Pretty Woman AGAIN (starring Julia Roberts and every one of her teeth), the playoffs, and infomercials.

    AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH

    Thank heavens for DVDs!!!!!

     
  • At 4/22/2006 09:34:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Can you just disconnect the phones??? Probably not since it is based on the number of splits in the line.

     
  • At 4/22/2006 09:37:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, Not that I totally understood that last part, but I have a lot of phones because I gave up running up and down the stairs trying to answer the phones. So nope, I'm not unplugging anything. I hate being in the bathroom and having the stupid things ring. Or being on the computer...or doing the laundry (that's the worst)...so will hold off...(boy am I lazy huh?)

     
  • At 4/23/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Nah, it's not lazy, Bridg. I once broke my toe, running to answer the phone on the other end of the house.

     
  • At 4/23/2006 09:33:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Yup, she did break her toe. And it was a telemarketer, on top of it. She told him VERY POLITELEY where to put his subscription to American Beet Farmer.....

     
  • At 4/23/2006 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Tshsmom, There are times I think a heart attack could offer some nice time off (assuming it wouldn't be fatal) OK OK just kidding. But getting a stroke over some #$^^ telemarketer....grrr.

    It wasn't really american beet farmer was it???? Tell me you weren't really polite...they SOOOO had it coming.....

    Scrunch you are just too much!!! Hope you supplied lots of tlc?? Not thin layer chromatography either....

     
  • At 4/23/2006 10:54:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    I was just kidding...Actually it was 'Mental Health Today' magazine, threatening to cancel my sbscription as an undesirable subscriber....

     
  • At 4/23/2006 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    HA I knew it, no one grows beets! They fall to earth from outer space. Ewww. Scrunch, I guess as long as your pic isn't on the cover of Mental Health Today with a line drawn through it, you're ahead of the game (hardee har har)??

     
  • At 4/23/2006 05:56:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Actually it was my best friend that was calling me at 5:30 a.m. She called to tell me that the space shuttle blastoff had been cancelled, due to a math error. She found this hilarious, as she was always terrible at math.
    BTW, Scrunch, this happened before the advent of telemarketers.

     
  • At 4/23/2006 08:12:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    I know that, wench...I was being semi-humorous.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home