Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, April 21, 2006

He Called Me, He Called Me (Sung to the tune of "Chicago")

G.I., that is, world. Said he'd be up in a few weeks, i.e. not today, which gives me a few weeks to lose a billion pounds. I admitted I'd chopped my hair off to the end of my neck, which he thought wasn't all that short (had been 1-2 inches longer). I really like his voice.

And he called during office hours! Cool.

Thanked me for the chat the other night. Said it was natural, nice...I thought it was like a shot of sunshine.

Gotta hold onto terra firma here, this guy's married and we haven't seen each other since 1971.
Really.

I looked a LOT different then.

Both of us were struck by how it seemed like no time at all had gone by and how clear everything seemed. Hmmm.

Anyway, he had checked out what my car (Honda Si) looks like, but the only model he could find was a 2006 (no not on the Internet, he isn't computer literate. Odd, huh?). Liked it though.

Back to more mundane, at-work-stuff. Got told by an idiot that I am an idiot, in front of clients and staff AND a big shot (p.s. Of course, I am correct, not her!). Am still pretty pissed about it. Considering hiring a pie assassin (one of those folks who throws pies at targets in public)-OK not seriously but hey it's a cool fantasy. Actually this woman got two things mixed up, I now realize. The nerve of some people's children.

My busybody next door neighbor volunteered to rake the dead leaves off of my flower beds so I said OK. She thought I'd say no. Heh heh heh.

A colleague (a really nice one) called me looking for a job. I think I found her one, too. Sheesh I sure have the touch these days. Hope I get one too some day.

Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe scratched me somewhere where you don't wanna be scratched if you're female (upper) and I"m still very annoyed with her over that....

Night world!!!

Ouch!

Bridg

11 Comments:

  • At 4/21/2006 09:04:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I think the pie assassin is a great idea!

    I can't believe someone would call you an idiot in front of other staff. A pie in the face is the least of what she deserves. Geesh.

     
  • At 4/21/2006 09:24:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC, thanks...and the thing(s) are..she was wrong, AND she's a rookie!!!!

    I'm the first to admit it if I'm wrong!!!

    Have said more than once I'm going into the practical jokes for a buck biz when I retire...am really salivating over the idea.

    But what a horrible fate for an innocent pie.....

     
  • At 4/22/2006 08:59:00 AM, Blogger scrunch said…

    My favorite on Never Admitting You're Wrong:

    Linus: Oh, look, Lucy, a butterfly.
    Lucy: That's a rare Brazilian butterfly.
    Linus (as they get closer): Oh, it's just a potato chip.
    Lucy: How do you suppose that potato chip got all the way here from Brazil....

     
  • At 4/22/2006 09:46:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    heh heh heh good one scrunch. Can I bring you to my next meeting?

     
  • At 4/22/2006 04:04:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I've worked with several people like that. I can't stand someone who tries to boost their own self-esteem by knocking down other people! It gets to you after while, even when you know it isn't true.

     
  • At 4/22/2006 04:09:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Tshsmom, thanks. It's taking a bit of self control here (or is it the antibipolar meds) not to do something rash, but whatever it is, it's working).

    I hate being a grown up.

    Someone told me once that the part of criticism that stings is the part that might be true. Not sure that's right..maybe it's that little voice of self doubt that all of us have (you know, the 'you're a fraud' one).

    Anyway, no class that's fer sure.

    I'm working out some words for her boss' boss on Monday aft. Unless M gets back to me. His MIL may have passed away, I usually get responses from e mails faster than this....

     
  • At 4/22/2006 05:41:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Wow, the rookie doesn't know much about respect. And for doing that she'll have lost some.
    The innocent pies don't have to be real pies, just whipped topping (I wouldn't waste real cream on her)

    I would join you in your practical joke biz when you retire. Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

     
  • At 4/22/2006 07:49:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    tshsmom: story of my last job!

    scrunch: that's brilliant!

     
  • At 4/22/2006 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Jeannie, you're right! Why waste the effort on the useless! Shaving cream would be perfect AND smelly!!!

    WC I am so sorry for you and my other dear friend tshsmom. We can have those turds as the first victims I mean targets oops clients....

     
  • At 4/22/2006 09:38:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Hummm, an old flame coming in for dinner. You will have so much fun. The stories will be flowing. Make sure you take notes :)

     
  • At 4/22/2006 09:42:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ maybe not. Am scared about this one. First and only time was dumped. Really cared about this guy, not because he dumped me. He's smart, very caring, broad thinker. And we connected again so fast. But physically I'm nothing at all like I was and he's a healthy nut and WORSE a doctor. Hopefully it'll be OK.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home