Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Great Balls O' Something

Hola world! Bridg is ill. Everyone up here has a cold/flu/something. I have a fever/whatever and don't feel great but....not to whine.

Got the miserable-job-from-Hades done. M was standing by to help me via phone, the IM/IT folks couldn't help (not that I knew that) because they were flooded out of their building. When did Communications tell us this? 4:00. Thanks! I had put in as much verbage as I could and sent it back to the IM/IT folks and said "over to you guys", and let the Powers That Be know what I'd done. Done! And no one was killed. Not sure M will ever do that again, I made his life pretty miserable. And his boss knew about it too.

Told Friend of Friends Pauly what NBG had said to me hier (last) soir (night) and how depressed it got me. I think Pauly went and gave him s**t, because the guy took it all back today. Even if it's a fib, good!

Alarm system is now installed. The fellow who installed it is an East Indian (a nice one--I am NOT a racist, see April 15 post) and a mechanical engineer. I asked him to send me his cv, gave him some websites to go to and some names to contact, as well as my e mail addy at work. It doesn't take much to start someone off on a good job, the merest accidents got me started on my work life. You should have seen him grin. Advised him to go get an audit/accounting diploma to start off with. I meant it too. Hate to see talent wasted. Not that I know that he has any but GOOD GRIEF!! He sure can do better than this. He has a wife and kid and the wife is at home with the new baby.

Mom thinks that she can't use her bathlift (I mean that her tub isn't deep enough to use it. HA, says Bridg). So I arranged for the the store to send someone out there to take a look at it tomorrow. Bro the Boss will be there. That should fix that. I hope. $1500 is $1500 and I want her to be able to enjoy baths.

Got lots of other stuff done at work but don't feel like typing it up. Feel just too hot/fevery....sorry didn't mean to whine. Will visit around later. Sis and her partner and sick too. M's boss is sick...

Hope you're all well and happy world....stay out of Ottawa if you can, the place is full of germs for now!!!

Hugs from a safe distance, Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 4/19/2006 09:27:00 PM, Blogger Vest said…

    Your post reminds me of a old Brit newspaper column, where people would write in about their aches and pains and their remedies for such, to a panel of medico's. Titled "THE NEVERWELLS"
    Get well soon, L Y.

     
  • At 4/20/2006 08:41:00 AM, Blogger starbender said…

    Oh, I hate being sick! I just got over something too. It started as a sinus headache, and then a sinus infection, and then it lasted 60 days!~ I have never been sick for 60 days! Hope U feel better SOON !!!
    :)

     
  • At 4/20/2006 12:46:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Actually, you whined twice, but you're entitled...get WELL!!

     
  • At 4/20/2006 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Retrolicious said…

    There's plenty of that creeping crud down here in the States, too. I had it for 3 weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 4/20/2006 07:49:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Dear Gang, considered changing The name of this blog to Whine and Cheesy but then no one would read it.

    Took a Coriciden II last night, went to bed at 8:30 and woke up 100% fine today!!! Starbender, 60 DAYS??? HOly crabfish!!! ewwwwwwww

    Retrolicious, 3 weeks, I would have shot myself...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home