Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Everything Is Gonna Be Alright (Hushabye)

World it is GORGEOUS here! Cold, sunny but darn beautiful. Trees are greening, so's the grass (is greening a world?), groundhogs are coming out...lovely!

WARNING!! BORING PARA APPROACHING FOR REGULAR READERS!!

Just cannot believe that GI is coming here. Will believe it when I see it. Is maybe too much too fast? How could the wife of a guy that great let him take off to see an ex girlfriend, his FIRST girlfriend, let alone be OK with him talking to her almost every day for, what, five days in a row? Weird. I can't buy it. But whatever.

OK! REPETITIOUS PARA IS NOW OVER!!

My psychiatrist took me off of Paxil. Said that it is a 'brightener', i.e. makes you a bit manic (heh heh heh I'm already there, add GI to the mix and voila, hypo "up"). So she put me on something else. I am trying it out tonight so that I can figure out what it does to me before GI gets here. If it backfires, I'll go back onto the old stuff before he gets here.

Don't you love better living through chemistry (the old DuPont slogan of the 1950s?). Well, at least there are meds now.

She (the doctor) said that I traditionally get bursts of energy, then get drained of energy, then get depressed. I laughed, gave her GI's pic (found it last night) and said YOU try NOT getting energetic with that to look forward to (ha ha ha). That did make her laugh. Not the point of therapy but....

Bro fixed Mom's bathlift. Told her he hoped that this would make me not be angry with him anymore (for being nasty to me). I called him and said yah, ok. So next time I need him to help Mom I'll just get mad at him (ha ha ha). Mom's thrilled.

Work is so packed that it almost makes (this) one cry. All three of us were at that point at the same time today, but we soldiered through it. Thankfully tomorrow's Friday and M is back on Monday. Unthankfully, have a nervous breakdown to get through (re GI if it happens), MAJOR housecleaning to do, present for his wife to get, hair coloring/rescue etc. to get through blah blah blah over the weekend plus the usual weekend stuff.

Wish cloning was legal. I'm exhausted just reading that para. Am going to investigate getting a squad in to clean for me. Wonder how much they charge and how much notice?

Off to investigate.

Night world....Bridg

p.s. I am not a slob...at least don't think so.....

14 Comments:

  • At 4/27/2006 07:57:00 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Listen, if he's that good at mood lifting, could I make an appointment and maybe he could come and see me too? I don't have any chemicals to fall back on except for the alcoholic type and they're not an upper

     
  • At 4/27/2006 09:04:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Oh Jeannie do I hear you! Actually I'm convinced that this is going to fall through.

    Does this make sense to you? Imagine, you're married to a sweet doctor, great looking health nut, and you let him not only go off ALONE to visit his first love but also call her every day for basically a week AND YOU'RE the one answering/passing the phone calls?

    Nothing about this makes sense.

    And yet I houseclean and fret.

    Think more meds are in order.

    I'll send you some of mine. They're pretty good.

     
  • At 4/27/2006 09:29:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Can't wait to hear how all of this pans out. I am hoping for all the best :)

     
  • At 4/27/2006 09:39:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Jack! Me too but that would be so un-Bridg like I don't know what to expect! At least the house will be clean (ROFL OK cleanER), got to chat with him, know he's OK and cares, and am (sorta) set on a getting better physical path.

    No am not depressed just trying to rachet the expectations down a notch just in case.

    Thanks for the good wishes, hope they come true too.

    Have you ever done something like this and if so, what happened?

    Bridg

     
  • At 4/28/2006 03:06:00 AM, Blogger Vest said…

    I am waiting for the result of this impending orgasmic explosion to hit us, enjoy Bridget enjoy.

     
  • At 4/28/2006 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    ya know Bridg - maybe his wife is just very confident in his fidelity. Obviously, he's not hiding anything from her so it would seem he's a nice guy who maybe does stuff like this. I've met at least one old girlfriend of huggy's - still have pictures of her in fact - and there was no awkwardness at all...she was in the past, I am now.

     
  • At 4/28/2006 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Vestie....umm orgasmic?? hmm don't think so!!

    Jeannie, I think you're right. That was my original thought. GI is very very much like that. A very straight shooter. He's the only person I've ever known even straighter than I am. His wife (D) said that she likes me because I'm straight and open. Yup that's Bridg.

    So maybe....

    and hey it's Friday. Damn now gotta houseclean...oh well...needed it anyway. Those spiders are getting waaaaay too comfy (just kidding about the spideys...)

     
  • At 4/28/2006 09:44:00 AM, Blogger myboyfriendiscrazy said…

    I am pleasantly surprised to be on your links list! After our fight over Derek, I was afraid you would hate me forever. :) Thanks!

     
  • At 4/28/2006 11:53:00 AM, Blogger MyUtopia said…

    Glad you have a "natural" mood lifter :)

     
  • At 4/28/2006 02:20:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Jeanie said it: GI's wife is probably comfortable with their relationship and doesn't see you as a threat.

    Off Paxil? I didn't know it was that stimulating. Wellbutrin, which I'm on now, is supposed to be stimulating, but I'm finding it decidedly is not. I hope you find something that works for you. In the meantime, enjoy your clean house.

     
  • At 4/28/2006 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    I know this sounds TERRIBLE coming from a woman who's husband had an affair, but it has to be said.

    Honey, I'm so pulling for you to get some this weekend :)

    And then, you are going to email me all the gory details. Cause nothing gives me a more of a "natural high" than gossip and gory details!

    Good luck! Don't forget to send me an update!!

     
  • At 4/28/2006 04:18:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    That's the way I am with household chores too...all or nothing. Maybe I'm bipolar 2 also?

     
  • At 4/28/2006 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    MBC we're sharing Derek, not fighting lol!!! And you're great of course you're on the links!!!

    Thanks Myutopia and welcome to the funny farm!

    WC..that Jeannie is smart, no? I gave in and hired Molly Maids. They arrive on Tuesday. Now all I have to do is fix hair, clean car and some other stuff I forgot about..

    Mel, He'd feel so guilty (I probably would too) it would wreck everything. Thanks for the bawdy wishes tho, know what that means to you !!!

    Tshsmom, lol probably!!! This new stuff she put me on is working. Now I don't feel like housework at all. Well not so much.

     
  • At 4/28/2006 07:05:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Mel, it's Wednesday....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home