Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bah Humbug/Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

OK, whoever thought up of this menopause nonsense, step forward, I have a bone to pick with you!

Did not sleep at all last night. Went to bed at 11:30, gave up at 2:30 and watched t.v. till 4, then tried to sleep again. Gave up at 6:20. Found the asparagus that I got yesterday was getting dry so made rice, cheese and asparagus dish, then fed cat. Noticed crack in hallway doorway (overhead). Charming. Rod on bathtub broke. Fortunately it broke at the end so it was fixable without much trouble. Have had green apple two-step ever since breakfast (7:00). It's now 12:36. Have taken four Imodium so far.

Charming!!

Would go back to bed but wouldn't sleep anyway!

Bah humbug!

Anyone want a used bod?

(just sorta kidding there....)

Bridg

p.s. for those of you who are interested, here are the symptoms according to http://www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms.html:

1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
2. Bouts of rapid heart beat
3. Irritability, Mood swings
4. Sudden tears
5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods,
shorter cycles, longer cycles
7. Loss of libido
8. Dry vagina
9. Crashing fatigue MORE INFO
10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
11. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
12. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
13. Disturbing memory lapses
14. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
15. Itchy, crawly skin
16. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
17. Increased tension in muscles
18. Breast tenderness
19. Headache change: increase or decrease
20. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
21. Sudden bouts of bloat
22. Depression
23. Exacerbation of existing conditions
24. Increase in allergies
25. Weight gain MORE INFO
26. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
27. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
28. Changes in body odor
29. Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
30. Tingling in the extremities,
31. Gum problems, increased bleeding
32. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
33. Osteoporosis MORE INFO
34. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
35. Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing' buzzing etc. MORE INFO MORE INFO

10 Comments:

  • At 4/02/2006 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Gee, I can hardly wait!

    Sorry this is making you so miserable, Bridg. I know you're doing your best to take care of yourself, but I'm sure it's not the least bit fun.

    You will be the best crone when this is all over with, I guarantee you!

    (And that's a compliment, BTW!)

     
  • At 4/02/2006 12:48:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    OMG, you're starting to have days like I've been having! I'm sorry; I didn't realize that it was contagious. ;)

    I actually slept through the night, last night. YAY!
    Try upping your intake of magnesium for the sleep issue. I was waking up 3-4 times/night before I did this.
    Living alone is a PLUS during menopause. No matter how many times I explain it to him, L just doesn't GET what I'm going through!

     
  • At 4/02/2006 01:26:00 PM, Blogger Cliff Morrow said…

    Farming for forty years will cause these same symptoms

     
  • At 4/02/2006 03:37:00 PM, Blogger starbender said…

    AUGH! I haven't had any of this yet!...and am in nooo big hurry!
    :)

     
  • At 4/02/2006 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC, put it off as long as you can! Maybe I'm working off some bad karma?

    Tshsmom, am going out to get the magnesium today! Contagious? I'm so sorry about your bad time too...agree re being alone, I am still ticked that men don't have anything comparable, unless Cliff is right on with farming (Cliff, you get hot flashes?? My sympathies...)

    Starbender, never really heard much about menopause until I got here. Wish someone had warned me! Not that anything much could be done about it anyhow...lol.

    Cliff, welcome to the zoo!!

     
  • At 4/02/2006 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.w. WC thanks for the compliment ;)!!!

     
  • At 4/02/2006 04:22:00 PM, Blogger Retrolicious said…

    I've been in and out of this nonesense for a while now. Despite my hot flushes, double periods, insomnia, palpitations, dry you-know-what and my hair shedding, doc says "you're too young..it must be something else." *sigh*

     
  • At 4/02/2006 04:40:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I hope the magnesium works for you. Give it a couple weeks to get into your system. Start out with a small dose, so you can increase it if the problem recurs.

     
  • At 4/02/2006 08:05:00 PM, Blogger Peter said…

    As a new reader Bridget, I'm obviously gonna have to learn which posts I comment on and which ones to leave alone..... Ummm... which kind is this?

     
  • At 4/02/2006 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Hi Retrolicious!! Want me to 'pay a visit to the doc' for you??? I'm in the mood lol! And welcome!!

    Tshsmom, went out and got it today! Started off with the lowest dose and a new brand of OTC sleep stuff. If I'm still awake at 2-3 today am taking a second dose. Have done it before...

    Peter, you can jump in and comment anywhere! Actually it's good to have the guys' viewpoint here too, since you folks don't experience it yourselves but live with its impacts...and welcome!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home