Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Baby I Love Your Way

Love Peter Frampton, world. Love you too world. In fact, love EVERYONE, now that I've had a decent sleep lol!

My doc had me take 200 mgs of topirimate last night. According to the very-disturbed-looking pharmacist, that's a heavy dose of the stuff. Google said that it has a lot of uses, including bipolarism, epilepsy/convulsions, alcoholism (no don't have that or epilepsy), and appetite. It also can cause eye problems and kidney stones. But I don't expect to be on this long, probably just through April which is when I have sleeping problems. Am just so damn frickin relieved to be able to sleep it isn't funny. Odd how important sleeping is.

Bro, I and Mom talked to a bunch of sales/installation folks today about getting stairlifts installed at Mom's. We are not talking about $2500 here (as we originally thought), we are talking $10K. Why? Because Mom's stairs are not straight, they are curved. That means either straightening her stairs ( probably $5K altogether) or curving the stairlift ($10K). Man what a racket. But we're doing one or the other--either one is cheaper than moving Mom. Fortunately, Bro has a brother-in-law who's in construction. So are getting estimates done this weekend. Whew. We had lunch together after interviewing all these folks, which was fun.

Then I took Mom to get a six month pass for aquafit and got one myself too. So ta-da, we are/will be getting fitter. Didn't give her time to argue her way out of it! Things are thundering along. Sis will be proud of the way that things are going. I could see the wheels turning in Mom's head as she tried to think of arguments for not doing the aquafit (after promising to do it many times). Nope, I wasn't having any of it and now we are both signed up (in different classes) to go. Yea!

Also got my med prescriptions filled. Sheesh what do people do without medical plans? Just three different types of pills (I think I take about eight for the bipolar, sleeping, diuretics and heart stuff) today cost over $400. WOW. And those will last only a few months. Yeesh.

There appears to be a link between bipolarism and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder--which one of Bro's sons has) and bipolarism. Have not found much on it but did find a little. Don't worry, won't bore you with it. Is interesting tho.

Anyway, off to watch TV.

Night, world (I hope!). Best to ya!!

Love, Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 4/07/2006 03:36:00 PM, Blogger lime said…

    oh hey, good sleep is undevalued. when i was going thru so much back pain i could not sleep and it was misery. i was exhausted and cranky and not fun to live with. i hope it helps you

     
  • At 4/07/2006 07:11:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    It's kinda weird the way all these brain disorders are linked together. The scary part is that most of them are hereditary too.
    Z has a lot of decisions to make before he gets married. :(

     
  • At 4/07/2006 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Lime, I sure don't envy what you went through and glad you made it!

    Tshsmom, poor Z!!! I wish him all the best!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 09:24:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Yep, my Effexor is about $100 a month. Sucks, but so does being depressed.

     
  • At 4/07/2006 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, you are so right. It's much better to be broke than be depressed/exhausted.

     
  • At 4/13/2006 11:42:00 AM, Blogger saby said…

    i love your way too
    Saby
    PS: i been looking high and low for your HNT




    where is it?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home