Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Walkin' On Sunshine

Hi world! MAN it is beautiful here today, and not just because I have this time off. It was supposed to go to 10 but feels much warmer (T shirt weather). Sunny as all get-out.

So I kept my doctor's appointment. Got my arm X-rayed again.

Guess what, it's broken (like I thought it was in the first place). The radius (which is good news, glad it isn't one of those tiny wrist bones. They never get better). No wonder it hurts. OK, tonight after taking Mom and her pal to the theater, will go to emergency to get it set.

4-6 weeks.

How do people shower with these things on? Any ideas?

Bridg

p.s. Am back after almost 3 hours at the hospital. They X rayed my poor arm AGAIN. Said the bone was chipped and showed it to me. Since three weeks had gone by and because of the inconvenience of casts, they said to splint it.

Said I'd get a splint at the drugstore and take care of it myself. Whew at least don't have to worry about bathing with a cast. Mom and friend loved the play, got to see Sis for a few minutes...all in all not too bad a night. Did miss NCIS tho : (

8 Comments:

  • At 3/28/2006 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Libby said…

    ok...first of all, when it itches under the cast, straighten a hanger to stick it down the cast to scratch...don't try to 'be a good soldier & tough it out' fot heaven's sake!!

     
  • At 3/28/2006 09:28:00 PM, Blogger BlondGirl said…

    When our son had a cast on his ankle/leg several years ago, we used to put a newspaper bag over it and tape it up to keep water out of it. Don't they make casts that you can shower in?

     
  • At 3/28/2006 09:55:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    You are a trooper! I hope your week is feeling as long as mine but in a good way :)

     
  • At 3/28/2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    No idea. Never broke my arm. Good luck though. Injuries suck. :(

    It was supposed to go to 10 but feels much warmer (T shirt weather).

    What does that mean to Canadians? 40 degrees, 50? Oh, that's right. You're on the metric system. 10 degrees? ;)

     
  • At 3/29/2006 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks Libby! Never fear, am not a tough it out type (that's why God invented medicine :) )

    Crystal, I don't think so. They do have fiberglass ones but it turned out I didn't need/get one. Good idea with the newspaper bad tho!

    Thanks DMJ! It's flying by but am loving every minute of it.

    Hey Zomb!!! Love it when you drop by! I have no idea re non metric anymore except for my house thermostat which I stubbornly keep in the old system. My guess is that it was in the upper 60s. The doctors were kind of shocked that I was walking around in sweats and a T shirt tonight...

     
  • At 3/29/2006 05:56:00 PM, Blogger Dirk the Feeble said…

    I think it's a good excuse to just NOT shower for 4-6 weeks.

     
  • At 3/29/2006 07:25:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Ouch! I chipped my elbow once. It hurt like HELL!! Have a drink on me Bridg. ;)

     
  • At 3/29/2006 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks tshsmom I will!!

    Dirk, remind me to buy your gf a clothespin...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home