Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

That title's for WC, (http://http://wanderingcoyote.blogspot.com/), whose ex found her blog and gave her hell for what she dared to write in it. Can you imagine? Dumping your wife--CHEATING on her, getting HER to move out of the house, taking up with girlfriend, then chastizing her for daring to record her feelings on a blog. My feelings on this are raw, this is precisely what happened to me and my ex. Well, OK I didn't have a blog, instead I went to Puerto Rico with my high school sweetheart. They didn't have blogs then. A blog would have been a lot cheaper...

Anyway back to other topics....

Sorry about the lateness of this post, world. Have had some excrutiating days and just wasn't up to blogging.

One of the two core members of our group at work, T bird, is bored. We all recognized that a while ago. The girl is an adrenelin junkie, like I used to be. The field we are in is much more sedate than her old one and requires focus and mental ummmm let's say 'stick-to-it-ness'. Most folks in it are in their second careers--it's almost a prerequisite (she's in her early 30s). Unfortunately, NBG has a major mid-life crisis crush on her (he's 56). Even has a HUGE pic of her in his office where everyone can see it. T bird is probably going off to a new job in weeks, and it'd be a great thing for me. It's dangerous managing the boss' girlfriend, especially if she needs to be entertained at work. And this one does. I've asked M to manage her (he is a gorgeous guy, she'd like that) but he's been sick with flu since he agreed to do so.

M's been sick the last few days, which makes things a bit lonely. Our group at work has imploded. It used to consist of three sub groups. One has been moved away (Dena's group) and Dena's off on two year parenting leave as of March 31. Of the two remaining groups, one (EW's) is losing EW (YAY!!) on Friday. Two of the three employees are also leaving. One to a new job on March 31, the other to have a baby two weeks later. The poor guy remaining!! Our group is the second one. A is leaving with Dena's group (she's the database expert) and NBG won't let me staff her back. She's gay and I think that has a lot to do with his attitude, sorry to say. T bird will be going soon and Marc has been 'borrowed' for the next 3-4 months to work with NBG on a project. That leaves P, M and me.

Very manageable and I have some ideas re staff. NBG probably won't let us do any staffing, but that's for another day.

Spring coming, DMJ? Well, we woke up to snow this morning. NOT funny!!! But saw the first robin of spring yesterday, that is TREMENDOUS. Hope the poor bird is warm!!

Do have my hands full with Mom. I mean making sure she eats, takes her meds etc. Am paying a bit more attention to this sort of thing.

And ladies--I"m sure most of you are younger than I am (54), but....after a two year absence, Aunt Flo's back. I.am.ticked. When does this crap stop????? ARGH. 54!!!! Is nothing sacred? OK OK before anyone tells me to, am off to see the damn doctor about it. Not that he can stop such things or that I even WANT to talk to any guy about it, but may as well. No am not angry about it, just amused and frustrated. By the time you get to this age, a lot of old sins catch up to you in the form of arthritis, heart stuff, etc. But this one takes the cake.

And on the plus side, for the last two work days in a row, had a little piece of rainbow in the sky in front of me all the way home each evening. Just a segment of rainbow, but rainbow nonetheless. And it wasn't raining or snowing--both days it was sunny and clear as a bell. Isn't that cool? On the way into work on Friday, a deer walked up almost to my car. I stopped the car, waited for it to move. It didn't (was about two years old). I honked to make it move away from the road. It did, and I drove off, but then wandered back. Saw other cars stopping as I drove away. Cute. Hope it's OK.

OK gang, off to get dressed and do (sigh) housework...have a great Sunday!!!

hugs, Bridg

12 Comments:

  • At 3/19/2006 03:00:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Lately, my "Aunt Flo" cycle has been to skip 2-3 months, then get it twice, with only a week in between.
    Hot flashes came back last month, but I upped my phytoestrogen(soy), and they're gone again. YAY!

     
  • At 3/19/2006 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, I did the same thing. Then Auntie showed up.

    Grrrrr

     
  • At 3/19/2006 06:50:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Guess what is supposed to dump on KC for the next day or so. Yes, we are getting all flavors of water: rain, sleet, and then snow. March can have some wicked snow storms.

     
  • At 3/19/2006 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ I'm sorry you're having a Canadian spring, lol! Monday's the first day of spring, isn't it?

     
  • At 3/19/2006 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Pirate said…

    bridget can Pirates be in your club?

    I say if he did you wrong you have permission until your death to humiliate him at his cost.

     
  • At 3/19/2006 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Pirate, you are DEFINITELY OK with me and in my club!!

    Actually I don't have to do any humiliating, he kinda did that alllll by himself. It was so long ago ...

     
  • At 3/19/2006 11:23:00 PM, Blogger bsoholic said…

    Man you sure are busy! I can see why you haven't been up to blogging. I've just been lazy! LOL

     
  • At 3/20/2006 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Bridg: thanks for that wonderful first paragraph. I wish I could afford a trip to get away from it all, but you're right, the blog is way cheaper.

    Umm... do allow me to just clear up a couple of things, though. I left him. I guess technically, since we're still legally married though separated, you might interpret his actions as adultery, but he did take up with whatshername nearly 6 months after I left. Doesn't make me any less angry, though, because of all the stuff it brought up and I won't get any closure now for sure. Which for me is a killer.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 12:34:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    NEVER, EVER tell someone what to blog...or why...Don't like it??..don't read it! It's not just a question of freedom to express yourself, but it's the whole concept of being able to say things you can't really express any other way. I'm an ex-husband ( a long time ago) and I can be a jerk, but WC's ex is an a**.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Scrunch: thanks! I think. I did tell him not to go to the blog if he doesn't like the content, and I did tell him that this is my place of self expression. I also told him not to call me out of the blue anymore because it's way too upsetting. THAT took courage, let me tell you. I so want to be accommodating to him still, but I can't really figure out why...

    He was my best friend though, and I miss that intensely.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 09:09:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    bsoholic, thanks!! It helps to know whether I just feel busy or really am!

    Scrunch, you da man and you're as usual right.

    WC, thanks for clarifying. Know what you mean about the best friend thing. You're stronger when self sufficient but it sure isn't the same. The closure thing matters, but it matters a lot less with time. Hope that helps...

     
  • At 3/24/2006 01:50:00 AM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Very nice! I found a place where you can
    make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
    and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!

    make extra money

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home