Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Hooked On A Feeling

I love BJ Thomas! Hi world, how are you tonight? Happy Friday!!!

Got to sleep in today till 11. Nice. Then had to go to work. OK not so nice. But what the hey, the next two weeks are sleep ins. Had slept in to miss doing an interview. Well the interview was cancelled because the interviewee had a conflict scheduled at the last minute. Oh well, the sleep was nice.

M still has the flu. It's taking forever to go, partly because his office is freezing, partly because he didn't take meds right away (yah he's one of those). We had the best afternoon tho. The kids (Marc and T bird) dropped in, along with another pal. We did some chatting, a lot of teaching, and it was SO DARN COOL! The kids were engaged and eager. Just love this stuff.

Am gonna miss all of them, especially M, like crazy. Need the rest but don't wanna miss them. Oh well, can't have everything and if that's the biggest prob I have to deal with, yay me. M felt a little bad too, I think. Said he expected me to call or e mail but to get some rest and that I earned it.

Sigh.

The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is feeling much better. I realized last night that I'd stopped running the humidifier, so her skin was dry and she was scratching like mad. OK, am not the brightest person in the world. Turned humidifier back on and all is well. Woke up to her purring in my ear this morning. She's definitely feeling better.

Saw two deer on the way home. Just love that. The snow's melting fast, birds are flocking back....spring!!!

Night world! Enjoy the weekend!

Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 3/24/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    Vacation time :) Enjoy to the fullest extent that the law allows.

     
  • At 3/24/2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I am so jealous you get two weeks of sleeping in! Looks like I'm not going to even get two days to sleep in per week anymore!

    Good for you, though. I hope you use this time to get rested and recharged. Glad to hear spring looks like it's sprung over there, too.

     
  • At 3/25/2006 03:16:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    I wish I could afford 2 weeks off right now. I'm soooo sick of the BS at work!

     
  • At 3/25/2006 05:18:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Wish all of you could take off with me!

    DMJ--when are you taking off?

    WC, I'm so sorry about your work hours. That is AWFUL,but glad you're in Victoria...I mean if you must work those hours, best to work them in paradise!

    Tshsmom, soooooo don't blame you!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home