Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

True

Hey world! Another mostly sunny day, no rain or snow yahoo and it was light past 6:00 tonight! Left at 5:20 too which is two hours early for me/us....

Hard to wake up tho. This happens in spring and fall, just can't get enough sleep. Weird!

The cake and prezzies went over well--did I mention that is was a lemon mousse cake (trying to avoid allergies and did thank heavens). Thank heavens that's over with. K is still working with us, taking over from the passive agressive type that left today but she (K) will be working with us from Calgary starting on Monday. I'm in mourning, she is one great person. Will miss her a lot. But there's always phone and e mail!

Mom is still undecided re the condo. Sis and I are sort of pulling our hair out, but it's a big decision and it's up to her. Frustrating spot to be in, but moving, as Wandering Coyote can testify, is a heck of a disturbing experience that probably does not lose its punch as we age. So guess the key is just to wait. No word from Bro and that's good. Sis has her challenges at work, we talked about them tonight. Work for me/us is going fine. Heard from folks back at the old place today and sure am glad not to be there anymore.

Despite that, didn't feel like work today (I mean REALLY didn't feel like it) so it was kinda odd. Maybe this is more spring fever. Noticed around blog-land that a lot of us are kinda in the spring doldrums.

Come on Spring!!!

Night world....off to send out jokes.

Bridg

5 Comments:

  • At 2/22/2006 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Yep, moving is extremely stressful and traumatic, and at your mom's age, probably way more so than for someone my age. Glad that she has lots of support, though; it's invaluable as I can attest.

    Mmmmmmmm...lemon mousse cake...I can make that.

     
  • At 2/22/2006 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC, as soon as you're up to it you have an invite for my place!! Hope you're feeling better and that those great feelings I read in tonight's post keep building for ya....

     
  • At 2/22/2006 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    p.s. Joked that I'd made the cake using an old family recipe: Going to Sobey's (grocery store)

     
  • At 2/22/2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    It has been so dead on the blog front lately. I hope that mom will make the condo decision and make life overall easier. But is HAS to be tough. Can't imagine getting older and accepting that you can't be in as much control that you are used too. Too depressing to think about.

     
  • At 2/23/2006 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, know that line by the Who..."hope I die before I get old"??

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home