Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Pina Colada Song

Well I might like getting caught in the rain, world, who really doesn't--but not FREEZING rain!! And that's what it's doing. Freezing rain, wind and snow allllll at the same time. At least I'm not in Saskatchewan (or was it Manitoba) where it was -20 something and -40 something with the wind. Yikes this place is a winter wonderland (wonder why these folks live here).

Today was a gallop through hell. Before I ever repeat this experience, would rather yank each of my teeth out with my bare hands by myself, go naked to every meeting on my calendar and be secretary of the groups, kiss TLT, or scramble my own brains. ICK PTOOEY. We only finished 3 out of 12 things today that we had to do. The analysis was painstaking, detailed, and complicated because the people who put this crap together didn't do it. Why didn't they? Because they don't use the info (strike 1), the systems that feed into this thing suck (strike 2), and the deadlines are too short/insane (strike 3).

we.are.not.doing. this.again.

There is not enough money in the world for these poor women to do this nasty work. And we are NOT doing it every quarter.

Sorry for the rant guys.....

Had some lovely if short exchanges with M today. Sigh. Didn't go to dinner after all with K due to the freezing rain etc. so we're going tomorrow and bringing another of the gang with us.

Just had a phone call from an elementary school pal that I found through the Classmates website. Have any of you done that? It is so darn cool!!!

OK off to eat before the cat has a fit.....Bridg

4 Comments:

  • At 2/16/2006 08:48:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    -25F last night.
    -30F to -40F tonight.
    I'd still rather have this than freezing rain!

     
  • At 2/16/2006 10:16:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    68 degrees today... wind 30 to 60 mph tonight, High tommorrow 22, wind chill minus 14. Tornadoes just north of here in Michigan.

    Our state motto: Welcome to Indiana. If you don't like our weather, come back in a couple of hours!

     
  • At 2/16/2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    actually, I'm disapointed! When I saw the post title, I thought sure this was gonna be about making love at midnight, on the dunes at the cape!

     
  • At 2/17/2006 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, totally agree!!! But that's wicked cold....

    GWB--tornadoes NOW?? Weird. And no, the Pina Cola song title was because that's what I want to be doing/where I wanna be. Bet we're all in that boat!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home