Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

One Good Woman (well in my case, cat...)

Hi world! How was your Thursday?

Would not have made it into work if it had not been for the determined but gentle efforts of The Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe. I kept turning over and going back to sleep...at 8:00 she started tapping me on the shoulder with her paw and wouldn't let up. Fed her, had a coffee, fell asleep and woke up again at 9:00. It's hard to wake up in spring and fall. Have no idea why.

Someone ran into a deer this a.m. on the road that I take into work. Must have happened no more than a few minutes before I drove by. The deer, about 1-2 years old, was trying to stand up. Called 911 and told them to go help the deer. Hope they were able to. Then called my vet to see if they'd work on the deer. They don't do that. Then called the city and got put on hold forever so have no idea what happened in the end.

I'm chosing to believe that the deer was stunned and got up and left on its own.

Anywho, work went really well (again not sure what happened but we made a lot of progress). K was overwhelmed because the passive-agressive type had dumped all the work on K that she was supposed to have explained in the two weeks preceding. So A, I and P got together and divvied up the tasks in a more reasonable way and we eliminated the nonsense tasks. All of us felt much much better afterwards. This is real teamwork and I'm so proud of those guys. Especially A for noticing that K was stressed and bringing up the solution. She's a natural leader.

We all went to dinner together at a restaurant that's in a haunted old house (WC, this is Friday's Roast Beef House). It was cool. No ghosts but the staff had lots of stories. Food was good too, company was great.

M was great of course all day as he usually is. We had our usual share of dirty jokes/wisecracks and horrifying some of the staff. No actually they're not horrified, just probably surprised at the amount of joking that goes on (and how ribald it usually is). Wish I could share some of it with you but that'd reveal where I work, dammit.

We're taking K to lunch tomorrow, and she leaves for the airport to go home to Calgary at 3:00. Will really miss her. We're doing weekly teleconferences. She's made a great friend in A and the rest of the staff like her too.

Mom's making an offer on the condo!! I am thrilled, Sis must be too. Am so proud of her for doing this. YAY MOM!!! You rock!!

OK it's 10:30, off to bed. Have a lovely evening, world.

Hugs, Bridg

7 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    YAY for mom. I really, really hope that she likes it. I hope it frees up some of the every day stress and allows her to enjoy life some more.

     
  • At 2/24/2006 03:55:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    glad your day went so well!

     
  • At 2/24/2006 04:02:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Our vet DOES operate on deer. He also shelters stray. Such a sweetheart!

    Will the new condo be farther away from you?

     
  • At 2/24/2006 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I didn't know Friday's was haunted, but I hear they do a mean roast beef. It's a piano bar, too, isn't it?

     
  • At 2/24/2006 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    Thanks DMJ, I hope so too and am so proud of her. There are lots of little benefits that should add up to a lot more enjoyment...

    GWB TY! Hope yours was great too.

    Tshsmom, I would LOVE to have a vet like that. The condo is maybe 5 minutes further away from me (on the other side of the highway. It takes a few seconds to drive to her place now, it'll take maybe 5 minutes in the new place.

    WC, yes Friday's is on the haunted houses tour. You're right, there's a piano bar upstairs. Since I"m allergic to stairs and piano bars, did not go see it lol.

     
  • At 2/24/2006 09:32:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    That's good news. I had visions of you having to drive 30 minutes to get to the new place. ;)

     
  • At 2/25/2006 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, thankfully not! You're right, with the errands and stuff it's great that she's still close (had to pick up meds for her tonight)..

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home