Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Love Shack

I LOVE THE GUYS I WORK WITH!!!

Hi world, how are you? Tee hee hee just giggling over that first line. All the kids at work are fired up, happy and working their little hearts out. And it's terrific work too. Does your heart a world of good to be with them, it's worth being worn out!

Had 2 minutes instruction and half an hour to do a fast bit of writing first thing today (glad I was in a little early--see it pays off to speed). It all happened nicely. The meetings, even unplanned ones, went well. Wish M (and I ) could get more rest, he is so pale it scares me. He's still putting in time on a volunteer job and playing hockey at stupid hours (11:00 pm), it's February and not too sunny AND he's only been on the job 2 months (did I mention it's a demanding place?). He's doing great except for the energy thing and have to admit I"m in the same boat energy wise. Ahhhh there's a WEEKEND coming up!

Can't find any photos to top bikini-man but am trying...leave it to me (heh heh heh).

Mom is doing well, haven't had a chance to talk to Peggy because when I get home it's 10 pm where she is and am pretty sure she's sleeping a lot these days. Will try over the weekend. But the surgery went well, do know that much.

Got a request to file my 2004 tax return (I don't do that until they ask). Am going to ask an accountant to do it, since it's too complicated for me. Am worried about this one. But can't control it anyway so what the hey....

Well, OK I could have controlled it when it was due but didn't. Bad bad Bridg....

Now stomach's upset. Happens everytime I think about tax stuff. Which is why I wait for invitations.

Gotta go eat....wonder where the tax stuff went to......later!

Bridg

6 Comments:

  • At 2/09/2006 08:52:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    You wait for the government to say, "Hey, I know there was a deadline a while back, but we just realized that you haven't paid us. So please file the damn paperwork! Thanks - government people"

    Pretty bold. I like your style :)

     
  • At 2/09/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    I hope you don't get fined or anything, Bridg.

    I hate financial stuff. I should get a decent chunk of tax back this year, though, which would be nice and helpful right about now.

    Heard it's gonna be -20 overnight in O-town. Bundle up!

     
  • At 2/10/2006 04:16:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    "and playing hockey at stupid hours (11:00 pm)"

    THERE ARE NO STUPID HOURS WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYING HOCKEY!

    safe to assume you haven't touched the 2005 returns yet either? Maybe you can find an accountant who will give you a two-for-one deal!

     
  • At 2/10/2006 06:33:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    TY DMJ! The minute I found out that I could wait up till 3 years to file, I went for it. They usually owe me anyway...


    Thank you WC I am worried a little about that. The year I took that RSP out I got back $6K on income tax so am sure they'll nail me. Could pay cash but will try to negotiate a schedule...if I actually owe...got a good accountant to do the wicked stuff for me...am all bundled up! It was bright & sunny today, worth the cold...

    Thanks for the lesson, GWB!! Hey good idea about '05. Will do that too. Nope hadn't even thought about it...lol....

    Bridg

     
  • At 2/11/2006 05:27:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Hopefully you have a good accountant. Good accountants are hard to find. I've been doing my own with Turbo Tax, but now that my wife is working, we're getting an accountant.

     
  • At 2/11/2006 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    ZS excellent idea. I bought one of those software things but....it ain't the same.....

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home