Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Kocomo

Hey world, don't you all wish you were on a tropical beach tonight?

Had one meeting every hour and lived to tell the tale. It was sunny (thank heavens. How easy is it to pull your carcass out of bed on a rainy Monday?) and sorta cold here today. The meetings passed but it sure makes you feel useless, going from one group of folks to the next. Things are being done but it's hard to feel that when you spend your day talking and listening (not doing).

Tshsmom was right, it was cabin fever over the weekend. M didn't have the greatest weekend either (and he stayed in)--actually most people I know, even the young crowd, stayed in and everyone reported the same type of weekend (eh...so-so).

The eldest of my two bros just got Sis ticked at him. I've been in the same boat as Sis (ticked) since before Christmas for the same reason...with Bro, if he doesn't take on an initiative (e.g. Mom looking at condos) we are doing whatever it is all wrong. He can be very irritating--I've had car salesmen refuse to let me test drive cars because of the way that Bro talked to them (so I bought my car on my own and mighty offended by THAT was bro!). So am going to see the condo that Mom likes tomorrow night.

Which means postponing the accountant. Which breaks my heart. As you all might have guessed.

Girls' dinner (work) on Wednesday.

My trouble-making passive aggressive type is leaving on Wednesday (hip hip hooray) this week. She's kinda refused to train anyone to do her job and I keep tripping over decisions that I am supposed to have made that she didn't tell me about.

Charming.

Anyway...everyone ELSE is doing fine. All the kids are happy, their work is racing along. Mom is happy, Sis is happy but steamed at Bro (me too but it's been so long that the steam is gone), the flu/virus is leaving but slowly...and no more bugs. Most Spoiled Cat In The Universe is happy/fine too.

Now all I/we need is two weeks off on a beach somewhere! Right world?

Have a great night...Bridg

8 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Yep, I could certainly use a nice holiday on a beach somewhere. Well, there are beaches here but man is it cold. Hawaii anyone?

     
  • At 2/20/2006 11:38:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    It won't be long before those Lake Ontario and Huron beaches are beconning!

     
  • At 2/21/2006 05:43:00 AM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said…

    Dammit! I read Kocomo & now that stupid Beach Boys song is going to run through my head all day!!!

     
  • At 2/21/2006 08:06:00 AM, Blogger flea said…

    agree with wc right about now and hawaii or kocomo sure sounds great to me! sign me up!!!

    p.s. i also have the beach boys song in my head now....

     
  • At 2/21/2006 09:29:00 AM, Blogger lime said…

    yes, beach now!

     
  • At 2/21/2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger karma said…

    i am now supporting global warming just for the beaches everywhere all year long.

     
  • At 2/21/2006 01:29:00 PM, Blogger scrunch said…

    Oh great..now the darn songs' in my head too. Right after I'd ALREADY had a song in my head from my own site...Thanks a lot...

     
  • At 2/21/2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    WC, Oh to be in Hawaii.....what a great idea!

    GWB...they are already ....

    NYM lol sorry about that. How about tonight's?

    OK it's now a girl thing: WC, karma, flea, and lime, let's get packed and go somewhere hot & sandy!!!

    Scrunch ROLFL am heading over to see which one's in your head!!

    Bridg

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home