Ravings and Rantings

Welcome to my cloud! It's got a nice silver lining somewhere.....Some ranting, some raving--mostly positive stuff,lots of jokes (I can't stay serious). Nothing going on here that a pina colada or mohito can't fix.

Friday, February 10, 2006

I Like Dreaming

Hey world HAPPY FREAKIN' FRIDAY YAAAAAHOOOO!!!

It is still very cold here but there is light outside until 6:00 pm! Isn't that cool??? Spring's coming!!!

And it's Friday night and the week's over and it's the weekend!! Survived another week, hope you did too. Again got lots done, mostly by the kids. M and I lurched from meeting to meeting (that we didn't know about) today and managed to tread water in all of them. Found out at the end of the day that M's computer is doing something strange to his meetings (like not keeping them in his calendar). Well, that explained a thing or two! Decided that I'd had enough of managing a database I know nothing (much) about and scheduled a 1.5 hour demo of two of the big ones (DBs) for Tuesday. Feel a LOT better. Oh yah also lined up an accountant to figure whether or not I have to go to jail over 2004 income tax (OK to figure out my 2004 income tax). Might be a while between posts (ha ha ha).

There was a drink-fest for an exec who's leaving tonight but did not feel very at ease mixing alcohol with end-of-cold with execs with database frustration, so skipped it. Did take home lots of crap that I'd piled up ALREADY in new office (5 pairs of shoes, a picture that I bought & later decided I hate, that kind of stuff). Then found out that the key for the new lock I had put on my house a month or so ago didn't work. It took about 10 minutes to get into the house. Am kinda worried about shopping tomorrow.

Did eat something for lunch I'd left in the fridge at work for 5 days. Didn't get sick either, so that experiment worked.

Have been crashing to sleep every night this week. Guess it's learning the new job plus the insane pace of it, plus February plus not much sun, getting over cold, etc. Feel much more energetic today, but today co-incidentelly was the first day we've had sun in what feels like forever.

NOW can visit all your blogs and post more jokes....see/talk to ya soon!

Hugs, Bridg

16 Comments:

  • At 2/10/2006 07:30:00 PM, Blogger DrinkJack said…

    I just love that the days are getting longer. Can't even imagine living up north where it is even worse. Have fun this weekend :)

     
  • At 2/10/2006 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Oh, I'm sure you'd be put in a minimum security joint with computer access, so I wouldn't worry about keeping us up to date. :P

    Seriously, though, good luck with that stuff. And a bit of sun does wonders for the old mood, n'est ce pas?

     
  • At 2/11/2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Partners in crime said…

    don't joke about prison, that's where my husband is. come visit

     
  • At 2/11/2006 06:47:00 AM, Blogger starbender said…

    Week-ends r 4 dreaming!
    :o

     
  • At 2/11/2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    Brig, if you have to, come to the US as a fugitive.. I'm sure tshsmom and I could help you hide out. Although, i suppose I should find out if we could be extradited on aiding and abetting charges!

     
  • At 2/11/2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Yeah, I could definitely get you across the border!
    After that nobody would EVER expect you to go to Indiana.

     
  • At 2/11/2006 05:26:00 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said…

    Definitely post more jokes. I love your humor. :)

     
  • At 2/11/2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    She's right... nobody in their right mind comes to Indiana!

     
  • At 2/11/2006 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    DMJ, isn't that WONDERFUL!! Actually days are literally longer here. HOpe you had a great weekend too.

    WC, If one MUST go to prison that'd be the way to go. Would want a diff computer tho, this one of mine's given me headaches all weekend. Darn right about sun and mood. Today, pretended all the snow was white sand. Amazing effect...

    BSL OK no more prison or health jokes....

    Starbender you got that right!!! BIG time!

    GWB and tshsmom, how do you two guys know each other? Are you related? And thanks for the offer, I might take ya'll up on it!! Ummm what's wrong with Indiana??

    ZS coming right up!!! TY!!!

     
  • At 2/12/2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    tshsmom and I know each other only through blogging, but it is remarkable how similar are tastes and views are.

    As for what is wrong with Indiana.. we often refer to it as North Mississippi. Enough said!

     
  • At 2/12/2006 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    LOL OK I get it now GWB!!

     
  • At 2/12/2006 02:36:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    GWB, I'm glad that you didn't take offense at the Indiana crack. It seems that I've inadvertently been stepping on toes today. :(

    Bridg, WC and GWB were my first blog buddies! Why they keep putting up with me, I have no idea. ;)

     
  • At 2/12/2006 03:16:00 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    tshs

    I put up with you because you're smart, and share my passion for the outdoors and spam.

    Why you put up with me, lord only knows. Apparently you have more patience than blogger!

     
  • At 2/12/2006 04:48:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Same here, pal! We also share similar values, cooking, and ADD kids. Plus a smart-ass sense of humor, just like Bridg!

     
  • At 2/12/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    tshsmom, We 'put up with you' because we LOVE YA!! Same sense of humor alright, same interests, same degree of sassiness. You, Raven and WC were my first blog buddies too.

     
  • At 2/12/2006 07:07:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said…

    Love ya too Bridg!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home